Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Sold On

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Should he be given a run out next season or do you see him being axed?

Also why has he not been playing recently? Competition amongst players too high or is he injured?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Recall him today from Sheff Utd, and play him in our last two, to see what he's made of.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was excited about his transfer in the summer, more so than Buckers so I would really love to see him get a run in the first team next season to prove himself

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Should he be given a run out next season or do you see him being axed?

Gus was quoted as saying that Hoskins is not the type of player that enjoys being a rotation player and he wanted out, hence his move to Sheff U. He is due back for pre-season, my guess is that if Sheff U give us the money we paid Bristol R for his services he will be off permanently.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think give him a chance, he hasnt really had a fair go this year because of injury and other players being in good form while he was here.

I definatly think that he has a role to play, if he is happy to do so...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I was excited about his transfer in the summer, more so than Buckers so I would really love to see him get a run in the first team next season to prove himself

I thought this too.

Why would they, when he hasn't impressed enough to get in their team?

However, if he isn't good enough to get in their team, is he good enough for ours? Or do they 'not play a style that suits his strengths'? (Sound familiar *coughCMScough*?!?!)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whatever happened over his potential sale to Bournemouth he then made a choice to go out on loan to Sheffield Utd. Gus has been very clear that it was Hosky's choice 100% - there was no pressure on him from the club and he could have elected to stay and fight for his place. The fact that he didn't - whether he thought he wasn't going to get a chance or not - means that in Gus's world he didn't want to be a part of the battle (bear in mind that at the time we weren't doing especially well) and for me that means he will be gone if we get an offer for him.

What surprises me is that he hasn't made a first team place his own at Sheffield (even before he was ill - again - he was only a sub). Not looking good for him or for us recovering our outlay which is especially disappointing as he looked to be such a promising signing.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
ok im showing a lack of knowledge here.. Surely all this would have been spoken about... Hoskins would have said he doesnt want to be a rotational player and why did Gus buy him to hardly play or let him go out on loan... Hoskins hasnt really had a chance yet...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Cant see him staying, if Gus saw him as the solution to our lack of goals, he would have recalled him by now - and seeing as hes had 2 goals in 11 games with Sheffield United, maybe he isnt.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The simple fact is he hasn't been doing very much for Sheffield United.

Should have taken the opportunity, banged in a few goals and made himself a certain starter. As he hasn't, I don't really see a place for im back in our line up, which is a shame as I had high hopes for him when we brought him in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
ok im showing a lack of knowledge here.. Surely all this would have been spoken about... Hoskins would have said he doesnt want to be a rotational player and why did Gus buy him to hardly play or let him go out on loan... Hoskins hasnt really had a chance yet...

I reckon something went on (at the time the deal with B'muff was done that Hoskins didn't know about) and it ended up in handbags. I doubt we'll see him again, hope I'm wrong but if not all the very best to the fella

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I reckon something went on (at the time the deal with B'muff was done that Hoskins didn't know about) and it ended up in handbags. I doubt we'll see him again, hope I'm wrong but if not all the very best to the fella

Thx.. thought i was going to get slated for not knowing...

I can't see Gus losing his stubborness anytime soon... Guess it's bye bye Hoskins then...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here