Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hoskins

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm with you on this, I have it on good authority that Hoskins is a bit powderpuff and will not play unless he's absolutely spot on. First it was his groin, then his thigh, then the knee and now blisters ffs!!
It's also not true to say his injury woes started when he came here, he was injured for Bristol Rovers in 2011, knee I think. I think he's a decent player although the praise for his performance on Saturday was a bit OTT imo.
Some players will play through the pain barrier as in Vincelots case but some won't, this is far more prevalant in the modern day footballer. It's very difficult for a medical team when a player says he is not fit to play and has several niggling injuries.
IMHO Hoskins should realise how lucky he is, grow a pair and get on with it!!
Good authority????? Name the source then....zzzzzzzz

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Good authority????? Name the source then....zzzzzzzz
Friend of a friend, couldn't give a toss if you believe it or not mate but consider this, don't you think it's a bit strange that some of the recent injuries have had concrete explanations and some haven't i.e.
Dicker - broken leg
Noone - hamstring
KLL - hamstring
El Abd - foot
Buckley - hamstring
Vicente - ermm, not sure
Hoskins - abductor muscle!!, then, ermm not sure

All seems a bit strange to me, maybe some injuries are physical and some are more psycological?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He could be the difference between us winning and losing tomorrow night.

He did say on the radio that all of his injuries have been related and moved down his right side.

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So from his twitter account he is fit and all the nonsense on this thread is a load of shit

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Friend of a friend, couldn't give a toss if you believe it or not mate but consider this, don't you think it's a bit strange that some of the recent injuries have had concrete explanations and some haven't i.e.
Dicker - broken leg
Noone - hamstring
KLL - hamstring
El Abd - foot
Buckley - hamstring
Vicente - ermm, not sure

All seems a bit strange to me, maybe some injuries are physical and some are more psycological?

thats ok ..i cudnt give much of a toss either when its a friend of a friend...as regards to the psychological side..i am sure a player who has had certain injuries...say with a knee has that barrier to face as well as a physical one....as regards to the players/injuries u quote..mine or your guess is as good as anyones

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Dicker - broken leg
Noone - hamstring
KLL - hamstring
El Abd - foot
Buckley - hamstring
Vicente - ermm, not sure

What a load of shit.

He has been out for the last 6 weeks due to a strained knee ligament

No mystery... No smoke and mirrors.

Naylor reported it, it's been done to death on here and he tweeted it himself

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Barnes looks to be on a bad run of confidence and unable to shoot accurately at the moment. Agdestein may be able to do it against lower opposition but just looked lost against Wrexham. Good with the ball at his feet but didnt know where to go or what to do with it. Perhaps he should just play as the front man and in the box and be told to aim at the goal and then he may score. I would feel a lot more confident of getting through if either CMS or Hoiskins were playing and I think that Gus may regret not bringing on CMS at home instead of either Kasim or Rogers just after they equalised.

The best way for him to regain his confidence is to play up front (which is doesn't often get chance to do for the first team) and score a goal, be it off his arse, shin whatever. Agdestein was told to hug the touchline against Wrexham which I don't think is his natural game and may explain why he didn't look completely confident. Course having CMS in would increase our chances but I can't see him being risked as his eye will still be rather delicate I'd imagine.

Agree that Gus should have gone for the win at home in the first place and just got the game over and done with without the need for this midweek trip 250 miles away in the freezing cold weather.

think you might want to review Toby's scoring record for the DS this season - it's not particularly good as I recall,

the more regular scorer this season is Ryan Simmonds who may well play "the Buckley role" tomorrow

that's not putting anyone down but heaping expectations on someone based on a false premise does neither the player or the fans any good

I didn't mean to heap expectation on him, just think it's a good chance for him to play for the first team and show Gus if he's ready for more of it. JFC has set the bar for the DS players and so it may be difficult for the others to make that impact so quickly. Must admit I have no idea about his scoring stats, just seems that whenever I hear results for the DS, he seems to have scored!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here