Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will gary hart follow chippy

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Complete Badger said:
Next season it won't be such a risk to RELY on the youth teamers, because they have all had a season. Players like Lynch and Cox can be key players, alongside reasonably experienced guys like Hammond, Savage, and Bertin. Under no circumstances do we need Mayo, Hart, Oatway et al bleeding us dry for another year. Even with NO new signings, I still say get rid, and let the younger guys take on the responsibility.

Quite it will be Hammonds 4th season? in the first team

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Next season it won't be such a risk to RELY on the youth teamers, because they have all had a season. Players like Lynch and Cox can be key players, alongside reasonably experienced guys like Hammond, Savage, and Bertin. Under no circumstances do we need Mayo, Hart, Oatway et al bleeding us dry for another year. Even with NO new signings, I still say get rid, and let the younger guys take on the responsibility.

But according to NSC, Lynch and Cox won't be here next season, because they are apparently THAT good....

I don't think Fraser and Rents will be ready to take responsibility. This season has already proved they are not good enough to be starting every single week. And i'd DEFINITELY prefer Hart to play wide right, ahead of Fraser
:rolleyes:

Basically, we haven't got a right winger (well, we would have if Wilkins didn't insist on playing Cox on the left...but if Frutos is really that bad then you could argue we don't have a left winger either), and if Oatway leaves we'd be relying on Bertin (the jury is still out) and Hammond to stay fit and ban free all season. If not, it means Fraser coming inside (He might be a defensive midfielder, but he's not an attacking one), leaving the lack of right winger situation exposed further. You could play El-abd in the middle, but again, is he really good enough there? And who's going to take his place at the back?

At the moment, we're relying on loan players like the Arsenal boy, (who's name i can't spell) Ward and to a lesser extent Bakayogo to fill holes where the squad is DESPERATELY lacking. We need to make permanent singings there before we release anyone, and then in my view, we'd have to replace the players you suggest we release - Hart, Mayo, Oatway. We could be talking 6 or 7 quality signings.

Given that we've failed to sign a quality striker for 3 years now, i can't see us being able to bring in 6 good players in 3 months.

Just my opinion though - and i'd be DELIGHTED if Dick proved me wrong and managed it, or Wilkins proved me wrong and actually gave us a good season next year with a paper thing squad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
What have Hart, Mayo, and Oatway contributed this season? Next to NOTHING. To talk of needing 6 or 7 signings to replace them is absurd. Their wages could be spent on a right-back and a striker, and as long as we keep Bertin (I presume your comment about the jury being out was a joke?) then we will have a decent side next season - well, better than this season at least.

Again I agree - mayo maybe the only exception costing Brighton 5 or 6 points isnt really nothing now is it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What have Hart, Mayo, and Oatway contributed this season? Next to NOTHING. To talk of needing 6 or 7 signings to replace them is absurd. Their wages could be spent on a right-back and a striker, and as long as we keep Bertin (I presume your comment about the jury being out was a joke?) then we will have a decent side next season - well, better than this season at least.

Mayo has made 25 starts. Hart has made 16.

Granted, they haven't performed that well (certainly Mayo hasn't), but they've done their job. Who else could fill in all the positions that Hart has played? Nobody.

I'm not saying we need 6/7 players to replace them alone. I'm saying we already need 3/4 players, but we'll need 6/7 if they are to bugger off. Our squad has NOTHING on the right hand side that isn't on loan, and without Mayo we are left with just Rents on the left. He's been in and out of the team, and really hasn't been that good on a consistent basis.

In my eyes, we've got to strengthen before we can release anyone. And even then, we need to ensure those we let go are properly replaced. Otherwise just one injury could spectacularly bugger us.

As for Bertin, remember when everyone was labelling Alexis Nicolas "the new Makelele"? You can't judge a player's overall ability on 4 performances and one apology:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here