Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will gary hart follow chippy

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Personally I think its a disgrace Hart isnt making the first eleven let alone the bench.

where would you play him?

harts main asset in the past was his pace, he was able to beat a man with it. now, as age sets in, he can't - which is a slight problem for a winger. he is not like currie whereby he can outskill his way past a man, so playing wide from the start is out

as for at full back, it is clear it is not his natural position. he did a job there last season when we had very few options - this year though we still have o'ceaurill and el-abd - who is not a central midfielder - and whose best position is arguably at right back

as for playing him in attack, his record haul of goals was 12 i believe back in 1998 - since then i don't think he has even made double figures in a season. not exactly the sort of statistic you want in a side that, bar tuesday, has struggled to score recently

theres no denying he is a usefulk player to have around the squad for when injuries and suspensions set in, but i fail to see how we would get into the first team. his versatility may prove to be his eventual downfall, as he can do a job in a number of positions, but unlike players such as cox and el abd, he doesnt excel in those positions

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Harty's not finished yet, and should stay. Has lots to offer.

For those who have criticised his strike rate as an out and out striker, then he will never be prolific, but does score important goals.

His all round play has always been good, and I always enjoy watching him play at front. remember the Tottenham game, he was a right handful.

adammicheal

Jan 3, 2006
Heard a couple of people talking at gillingham last night saying Dean Wilkins hasnt spoken to Harty for 3 weeks, hence he isnt in the squads

So it could be anyones guess

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Harty (even on a bad day) is better than both Bertsin and Ward in a midfield role.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
perseus said:
Harty (even on a bad day) is better than both Bertsin and Ward in a midfield role.
:lolol: :lolol:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
dylan_bha said:
Take it you haven't been to a game recently then?

Bertsin and Ward spent most of the time giving the ball away to Forest, who fortunately were so useless that they gave it back.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ward has a left foot as well. I liked the way he was not phased as he was forced inside and crossed at head height for Bas Savage. Alas, if he wanted someone to head the ball in the net, he would have been better to aim for Dean Cox!

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
perseus said:
you can't be serious ! bertin is quality breaks up so much possestion

harty is a decent squad player i would be very disapointed to see him go but he aint better than alexis

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Harty is not finidshed and deserves another year at least.

Unlike Chippy his legs are not shot to bits.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Complete Badger said:
He's finished. A great player in his day, but we mustn't give players like Hart a new contract on sympathy again. Mayo is in the same boat, ie not good enough, but he is living on the glory of one good season under Coppell whereas at least Hart was good for 6 or 7 years. If we are going to move forward, it's time to stop clinging to players just because they played under Micky Adams. Carpenter has thankfully gone, Mayo, Hart, and Oatway MUST follow this summer. Unbelievably, bearing in mind I had him to go before most of those last summer, Butters is the only one of the old gang still performing and worthy of consideration for a new deal.

Ill go with that

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Carpenter has thankfully gone, Mayo, Hart, and Oatway MUST follow this summer.

I don't think we can let all of these go unless we bring in three or four experienced players. Then we'd just have kids + Kuipers and Butters. We've got to have some experience in the squad somewhere, even if it's not in the starting lineup - people who the 'kids' can learn from.

The problem is, when did we ever make 3 or 4 good, experienced signings in the summer?

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Harty is not finidshed and deserves another year at least.

Unlike Chippy his legs are not shot to bits.

Well he lost a fair amount of pace when he broke his leg.

I think he probably still has something to offer as he can fill in where needed. However it may end up being a similar case to Nathan Jone where we offer him something but he moves on as he wants regular games.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Withdean Wanderer said:
I don't think we can let all of these go unless we bring in three or four experienced players. Then we'd just have kids + Kuipers and Butters. We've got to have some experience in the squad somewhere, even if it's not in the starting lineup - people who the 'kids' can learn from.

The problem is, when did we ever make 3 or 4 good, experienced signings in the summer?
#
Make a change if they started making signings now

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No point keeping players who aren't good enough just because they're "experienced" though. Get them out, and sign players who have the ability to be a success in league one, regardless of age. If the ones we sign do happen to be 28 or 29 though, then all the better.

I'm saying that because i have no faith in the board at all to make the required signings. I'd rather have Mayo and co than be left with last years youth team plus Kuipers and Butters.

If, we are to sign some good players, (and preferably experienced, but as you point out that isn't a total neccessity) then i'd be prepared to see them leave. But otherwise, that'd be a huge gamble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here