Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will DK Act NOW?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OK... we are safe now... so...

Will DK sort out Wendy's contract now?

Will the board act proactively (for once) to protect our key assets by signing the players that are out of contract that we actually want to keep, e.g. Bas, Bertin?

Will we finally offload the deadwood?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm thinking someone on the board doesn't like Wilkins, or there wouldn't have been a delay

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You could be right there... but, we do the same thing every summer... we are far too slow to sign the players out of contract who we want to keep... we are far too slow in finding new players... this season, with our mid-table mediocre finish, we have a chance to get ahead of the game... the big question is... will we do so?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trouble is with our board is that they do not learn lessons from history.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed... although I hope they do this time... we really do have an opportunity here to build the squad to one that can seriously challenge next season...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he's got any sense he will have legged it back to Spain until mid summer when it's so hot he'll probably come back to the UK and get on with sorting out the contracts. 11th hour is the way we do it here, no need to change now :thumbsup:

Mid table mediocrity will do next year when we've lost the cream of this years squad and replaced them with the newly signed youth teamers.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
dont be stupid , DK is a penny pincher and will leave till the last minute as usual.
Our summers wouldnt be the same without large amounts of bullshit

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea what's going on in the background but I wouldn't blame DW for touting himself around if DK hasn't made it plain he intends to extend his contract and give him some funds. The man deserves better than being hung out to dry like MM was.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I would like to see Deano offered a new contract now. I fear that DK wants Micky Adams to return. Micky is an Albion legend but I don't think one should return to places of past success.

I think some people think too much.

Yes we would all (most people) like to see the DW situation sorted out asap but just becuase it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean there is anything sinister going on.

DK would be very foolish to deliberately delay the DW situation longer than necessary and to be fair Deano is pretty new at the job. If we had 6 points less would people be in such a hurry?

Have patience people and chill.

However if we do lose Bertin and co because of any unnecessary delays then burn him :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
NS Herald said:

Yes we would all (most people) like to see the DW situation sorted out asap but just becuase it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean there is anything sinister going on.

DK would be very foolish to deliberately delay the DW situation longer than necessary and to be fair Deano is pretty new at the job. If we had 6 points less would people be in such a hurry?

However if we do lose Bertin and co because of any unnecessary delays then burn him :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

I think it's just frustration born of everything at this club being done at snail's pace.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
mona said:
I would like to see Deano offered a new contract now. I fear that DK wants Micky Adams to return. Micky is an Albion legend but I don't think one should return to places of past success.

That's what i'm thinking - although i'd like to see MA back. Director of football, anyone?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
If he's got any sense he will have legged it back to Spain until mid summer when it's so hot he'll probably come back to the UK and get on with sorting out the contracts. 11th hour is the way we do it here, no need to change now :thumbsup:

Mid table mediocrity will do next year when we've lost the cream of this years squad and replaced them with the newly signed youth teamers.

Your expectations are far too low... :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I have no idea what's going on in the background but I wouldn't blame DW for touting himself around if DK hasn't made it plain he intends to extend his contract and give him some funds. The man deserves better than being hung out to dry like MM was.

... but MM deserved to be hung out to dry, IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
NS Herald said:

But... DK's track record on this is fcuking awful... how can we chill-out when history shows we are always, always too fcuking slow?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Jimbo26 said:
I don't think Wendy has the clout to bring better players in for next season. I hate to say it but I think we will finish mid table again next year.:rolleyes:
One thing that has impressed me about Wilkins is the players that he has brought in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here