• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unless direct evidence is found that Cumming made other trips to Durham (April 19th / May 10th, etc) he'll get away with this - as he has put together a story, whilst full of holes, will stand up. But, in answer to a direct question, he said he hadn't been outside the bounds of London, except to Chequers, since his return. If he is found to have lied over that - then he's toast. Otherwise, this will all fizzle out.

Must say, I'm a bit disappointed with the journalists. You'd have thought they they would have got together to ask a series of harder and harder questions, instead of just repeating basically the same question - sometimes really only making a point. They should really have asked things like 'how could a four-year old last five hours in a car without a stop', 'why Barnard Castle instead of round and round', 'why did you have to drive - couldn't your wife have driven you', and so on. They won't get another chance, and I think they missed their opportunity really.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
None of this matters. None of the inconsistencies, the reasoning, the outrage, the f**k you of it, none of it matters.

He's gotten away with it. He's won. Boris has won. Again.

Pack it up folks, time to go home.
Indeed.

4 1/2 more years of this.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Peston now asking Boris the questions that he should have asked Cummings.

New, sharper journalists required pleased.

Yes, that was stunningly poor. It was the journalistic equivalent of coming up with a witty riposte ten minutes after the person who insulted you has left.

A nice easy ball for Johnson to swat away, too.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I am not a Cummings fan and think he made some serious errors and went against his own advise but you have to hand it to the fella, he had some brass balls to sit through that shit show with the baying mobs. That was a press lynching with many who saw a chance to stick the knife in as they have a different political viewpoint. I don't like the fella but sort of think he had the bllocks to face the music and that took some guts. I was calling for his head yesterday and still think he should resign but fair play to face up

Facing the music means fronting up and telling the truth. Not standing in front of press and telling a pack of lies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Facing the music means fronting up and telling the truth. Not standing in front of press and telling a pack of lies.

What lies were there ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Certain journalists will dig for days trying to find some proof that he lied in his press conference statement and subsequently lied to the PM.
I imagine even now they are greasing some palms to find out the names of all the doctors on duty who allegedly checked Cummings out at the hospital, and
also are visiting every garage between London and Durham to sniff out and prove the bullshit that the snivelling git spouted today

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Unless direct evidence is found that Cumming made other trips to Durham (April 19th / May 10th, etc) he'll get away with this - as he has put together a story, whilst full of holes, will stand up. But, in answer to a direct question, he said he hadn't been outside the bounds of London, except to Chequers, since his return. If he is found to have lied over that - then he's toast. Otherwise, this will all fizzle out.

Must say, I'm a bit disappointed with the journalists. You'd have thought they they would have got together to ask a series of harder and harder questions, instead of just repeating basically the same question - sometimes really only making a point. They should really have asked things like 'how could a four-year old last five hours in a car without a stop', 'why Barnard Castle instead of round and round', 'why did you have to drive - couldn't your wife have driven you', and so on. They won't get another chance, and I think they missed their opportunity really.

I feel the same. This was their chance. They ballsed up badly. The fact that the trip to Barnard Castle was on his wife's birthday, too. They were effing useless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What lies were there ?

That he went to Durham to protect his family. He went for Easter and his Mums birthday. That he drove thirty miles with his wife and kid in the car to test his driving capability. They went for a trip out for his wife’s birthday.

The whole thing was a series of lies and bluster. I didn’t reckon you for one to be so easily placated.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes, that was stunningly poor. It was the journalistic equivalent of coming up with a witty riposte ten minutes after the person who insulted you has left.

A nice easy ball for Johnson to swat away, too.

Indeed. These 'journalists' have to wait for the questions to be asked on twitter instead of thinking on the hoof. Very poor and lazy. Andrew Neil, for example, would have put the boot in there and then and Cummings would have been unable to get him off the microphone. If these are the best that BBC, ITV and Sky can come up with then we are really in the pooper. Reminds me of Corbyn and his scripted questions at PMQ's instead of responding to the answer to the previous question.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What lies were there ?

Whoa! Hold on. You ACTUALLY BELIEVE he drove 30 miles to a beauty spot to 'test his eyesight', on what just happened to be his wife's birthday, before driving to London, when a) His wife could have driven them, or b) The Government could have sent a car?

FFS. What is so wrong with people that they will swallow this utter horsesh*t?

D

Deleted member 2719

it was a non-event in that he, as expected, just bullshitted.

they aren't made up storylines, what he has admitted to is two breeches, even you must be able to see that, yes?

Why is your hate so bad, you can not get around seeing that he was looking after his family and not endangering anyone?

If you have anger about the lockdown rules why are you not aiming them at all those idiots playing football in the park or the bloke that walks his dog twice a day, at the time you couldn't do that?
I mean the main culprits have to be those within the media, Watson was having problems with his microphone while on zoom the other day and not one but 2 people came within a foot of his head trying to adjust his phone/tablet, that's way out of order, what about those guys with cameras and microphones squeezing next to one another in Cumming face outside his home the other day.

If I was Cummings I think I would have fired a few overhead shots back at those undesirables in that onslaught of questioning, you would have thought he had murdered someone, absolutely disgusting behaviour from the baying hounds.

At least Cummings is trying to do his best and save lives, the media monsters are stirring the pot, which will only endanger lives.

It's absolutely nuts out there.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
At least Cummings is trying to do his best and save lives

By breaking all the lockdown rules? Yeah, right. Mr Herd Immunity really, really cares. Oh boy.

lies.png

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That he went to Durham to protect his family. He went for Easter and his Mums birthday. That he drove thirty miles with his wife and kid in the car to test his driving capability. They went for a trip out for his wife’s birthday.

The whole thing was a series of lies and bluster. I didn’t reckon you for one to be so easily placated.

Fair comment

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why is your hate so bad, you can not get around seeing that he was looking after his family and not endangering anyone?

If you have anger about the lockdown rules why are you not aiming them at all those idiots playing football in the park or the bloke that walks his dog twice a day, at the time you couldn't do that?
I mean the main culprits have to be those within the media, Watson was having problems with his microphone while on zoom the other day and not one but 2 people came within a foot of his head trying to adjust his phone/tablet, that's way out of order, what about those guys with cameras and microphones squeezing next to one another in Cumming face outside his home the other day.

If I was Cummings I think I would have fired a few overhead shots back at those undesirables in that onslaught of questioning, you would have thought he had murdered someone, absolutely disgusting behaviour from the baying hounds.

At least Cummings is trying to do his best and save lives, the media monsters are stirring the pot, which will only endanger lives.

It’s frightening to think there are many, many more like you out there. You’re the reason liars like Cummings get away with it.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Having read quite a bit of this thread there are a number of pro Cummings supporters here, who should never question Trumps supporters sanity or ability to grasp what's going on under there nose.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Rubbish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The print media have a few more hours to work out how to say he's lying, without actually saying he's lying. And it's not exactly hard to spot the holes in the story is it!? They can keep this going easily if they choose. And at the individual level they will want to - no love lost for Cummings in those circles.

But no doubt the No.10 spin doctors and deal-makers will be on the phones to the journalist's bosses, and deals may be struck. So let's see how this pans out from here.

Whatever. It's a big chunk of credibility gone but there's four tough years ahead (or possibly not, who knows) before Johnson and his bosses need to worry about public opinion.

This is one tiny part of a much bigger, and longer, story.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

He also said that the guidance was that he was 'encouraged back to work' so had to drive back to London. That's not true either - the 'encouragement back to work' has only really been since the lockdown easing announcement. Before that it was 'work from home if you can' (still is actually - but now with 'if you can't - get back to work'). As I would think 90% of his work is meetings and discussions - he can do that from home. As he presumably was in Durham. So, no need to return to London at all.

Jan 30, 2008
This was a non-event.

Come on Roger even you have to agree Cumming came across as a humble man who was looking after his family.

I will still hand out my hand of friendship despite the lies that people have said.

This was a non-event.

Here's a beer for you mate.:drink:

The media are stuffed with there continued made up storylines.

Media driven political hysteria at best ,as i said look at the people flocking to the beaches , STAY ALERT :rolleyes:
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here