• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It has all become a bit boring and tiresome.

the missus turned over when the press briefing came on, said she's bored of it all. echo'd view of a twitter that said they were wanted to know what was going happen about jobs, not a privileged advisor's jaunt weeks ago.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
This was a non-event.

Come on Roger even you have to agree Cumming came across as a humble man who was looking after his family.

I will still hand out my hand of friendship despite the lies that people have said.

This was a non-event.

Here's a beer for you mate.:drink:

The media are stuffed with there continued made up storylines.

it was a non-event in that he, as expected, just bullshitted.

they aren't made up storylines, what he has admitted to is two breeches, even you must be able to see that, yes?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not a Cummings fan and think he made some serious errors and went against his own advise but you have to hand it to the fella, he had some brass balls to sit through that shit show with the baying mobs. That was a press lynching with many who saw a chance to stick the knife in as they have a different political viewpoint. I don't like the fella but sort of think he had the bllocks to face the music and that took some guts. I was calling for his head yesterday and still think he should resign but fair play to face up

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thursday 28th. May 8:00pm clap for the NHS and carers; 8:05pm, slow hand clap to show disapproval of Cummings remaining in post.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am not a Cummings fan and think he made some serious errors and went against his own advise but you have to hand it to the fella, he had some brass balls to sit through that shit show with the baying mobs. That was a press lynching with many who saw a chance to stick the knife in as they have a different political viewpoint

The only thing that should be handed to the fella is a P45.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only thing that should be handed to the fella is a P45.

His days are numbered fear not but I think a little bit more of him for facing that onslaught and toughing it out

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Quite clever, I thought, especially saying people needed to make up their own minds on this.

You can never beat a bit of louche insouciance in the face of adversity.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But by phrasing it that way, he's inferring that it's a fait accompli. The subtext is: it's done, make up your mind on it, and move on.

Yes - agree.

But it won’t be done if public opinion tells him to sack Cummings.

Just because he wants it to go away, doesn’t mean it will

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Yes - agree.

But it won’t be done if public opinion tells him to sack Cummings.

Just because he wants it to go away, doesn’t mean it will

I think if the pro-Brexit papers are still irked by this come Thursday or Friday, he could still be in trouble. If they're not, he won't. All will soon be clear.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Boris important message this evening lost amongst the anger about Cummings. Why continue to put one mans job above the health of the country. Astonishing situation really and bizarre why the Gov are digging in and standing behind this clown

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm going to call out the media now. They don't have the balls to take on this government. Arguably that is a good thing.

And Covid looks like it will fade away (not yet my official view, but....)

It will be interesting to see whether Boris will be able to drag us through the Brexit hedge unscathed. For him to be unscathed, we will need to be unscathed, though.

Or maybe not. As long as I'm alright (alive) Jack. There is a fair bit of outrage and emoting, and that may be 90% of the chatter, but it looks like the Boris gang think they can do this government thing 'standin' on me 'ed'.

In the absence of any part of the media breaking rank and calling Boris a smug lying ****, where are the latterday Mandelson and Campbell, I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here