Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why did Cummings have to go for a drive to test his eyesight?
I wear glasses, I take my glasses off , everything is a bit blurry. It isn’t just when I’m in the car, it’s all the time.
And that’s without putting the wife and nipper in the car.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Why did Cummings have to go for a drive to test his eyesight?

That line just makes me think of something someone who'd brought their car to a rave would say when everyone tried to convince them not to try to drive and give people a lift back to Brighton at six in the morning.

Followed by "I was testing my reflexes" while swerving round a bollard near Old Steine about an hour later.

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
None of the media, who the tory talking head on BBC1 says hate him, asked whether his wife could have driven the car, or why he took the family on the eyesight test drive, or how he drove from London to Durham with a 4 year old without stopping, but needed to stop after five minutes of the return from the test drive. He hasn't had the kind of drilling he would have got if the public had questioned him.

Now, where is Johnson? He needs to explain why an un-elected employee was making these decisions without reference to his line manager, and if Johnson was ill, who was this un-elected member of staff reporting to?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The day of the 'eyesight trip' to Barnard Castle was his WIFE'S BIRTHDAY.

It is 45 minutes each way.

Some nob on radio 5 defending the drive as it was 'driving for exercise'. Oh hang on, no it was 'to see if he could do a lengthy drive'. Make your mind up, sycophant.

It is a straight line from Durham to Barnard Castle. If he found he was unable to drive he'd have put himself as far from where he was staying as possible. Like testing whether you may suffer from air-sickness by booking a 'test' flight - to Singapore.

No, this was a jolly. A jolly done when he was alledly testing whether his illness (which he had) incapacitated his driving.

But this is all perfectly legal, and people simply don't understand. Anything. Frankly. Do we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On his show John Oliver has an occasional feature loosely entitled 'we got him'.

Trumpet is found to have done that would clearly end his Presidency.

Oliver presses the big red button.

Balloons, streamers, confetti falls from the ceiling as dancing girls parade across the stage.

Then it all fizzles out, as they realise, once again, Trump has got away with it.

Dunno what's made me think of that.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
I think the comment from the woman from the University of Durham University summed it up for me, the rich elite will do what ever they want to do, but that is not big news, they set the rules but it does not always apply to them, which is not big news. Most working class people are now concerned about rent and redundancy letters no one shocked by an elite rich man doing what he does we having bigger problems that the press should focus on

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Has anyone actually been charged in the U.K. with lockdown breaking, by the way? Any court cases pending?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Neil Ferguson must be gutted.
If he’d have said he broke lockdown cos he was worried his willy had stopped working, he would never have had to resign.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don’t often disagree with you HTW, but I have to on this one.
Contrary to some evidence, the British public aren’t stupid ( well, not all of us), we all saw or heard a man give an account that had only a passing contact with the truth. The whole reason for his road trip was questionable, his admission that he broke lockdown 3 times, the absolute bollox of the eyesight testing drive.
What has obviously happened is that he and other party hacks have got round the table and tried to come up with an account to peddle out to the great unwashed in the hope we will be gullible enough to swallow it. I don’t believe many will have any faith that they have heard anything approaching the truth, and what is so different now, is we do all have a voice on twitter, Facebook, even NSC, and we can all make our views clear.

If I were his Judge, I’d be reaching for my black skullcap.

O. S. Glad you’ve rejoined the party.

I think you're right. Try a Google search for Cummings and Prince Andrew to see how the public are reacting.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Plenty of people have been fined.

The police fined a load of people on the spot,but it turned out they should t have and the CPS overturned them all.

I was wondering if anyone is actually going to face a trial.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I feel quite insulted that the lying tw@s think I could believe that. They must have such a low opinion of our intelligence they haven’t even bothered to think of anything remotely credible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clever boy. Making himself out to be both victim and hero. He’s lying through his teeth of course. But fair play, he’s good at it.

D

Deleted member 2719

how about the next one tho' barren;

will you win back the press? yes

all the old timers tho'? hmmmm

This was a non-event.

Come on Roger even you have to agree Cumming came across as a humble man who was looking after his family.

I will still hand out my hand of friendship despite the lies that people have said.

This was a non-event.

Here's a beer for you mate.:drink:

The media are stuffed with there continued made up storylines.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The lady in Scotland who made similar misjudgements was quietly and quickly sacked. This media circus could have been avoided if it was dealt with in the same way, and we could be debating the important issues today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here