• Yes

Votes: 92 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No, the noises from No 10 are of course that Cumming's indiscretion is " A completely different scenario to someone breaking the Social Distancing rules " .. apparently being worried about child care, just in case a spouse gets ill too, warrants a drive of 260 miles.... This really is turning in to Animal Farm !

Cummings IS fireproof currently, the only way he will lose his job is if he pisses off The Express, Daily Mail and The Telegraph enough for them to actually change tack and become more critical of the government on a regular basis....and that ISN'T going to happen any time soon !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The fact that he is being supported by all the senior tory MPs using very similarly worded tweets is ****ing sinister. There must be far more to this than we know and will probably ever know.

What ever happened to the Russia report as well? That was ready to be released 6 months ago but has never seen light of day. If it didn't have anything incriminating in then they'd have released it by now, surely?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looks like labour are using this to try to score political points .

And most journalists and half of Twitter. It dominates today's briefing.

I'm sorry his reason is far from reasonable.

Let's break it down.

His wife only had symptoms at the time.

If his statement is correct he only assumed he would get the virus.

He has then taken a very long journey in a small enclosed space where he has massively increased the likelihood of his wife transmitting the virus to himself and the child.

Under such circumstances it would then be incredibly stupid to then place the child in the care of his elderly parents.

If (as he claims) he didn't, then the outcome of the trip appears to be only that his sister could drop off the shopping.

This man is one of the most important people in Government with an extensive and expensive support network around him.

No-one was in danger at that point and help would have been a phone call away.

What's equally as bad is the premeditated cover up. A number 10 spokesman told the press he was at home in London and his wife wrote an article clearly suggesting they were.

I'm sure more will come out tomorrow from the people who saw him there. What did they see and why did they ring the police ?

He couldn't have been doing a very good job of staying inside....

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Getting interesting now. Is the collective intellect of this mediocre government big enough to withstand the loss of Dom's enormous ego? I really don't think it is, sadly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The bloke is a Total *unt. There was a point early on I thought my 90 year old mum was going to die as she’d became ill and that I would never be able to see her again. Like many others I still stuck to the rules. If you cannot understand why people are angry about this elitist @rsole doing what he likes and ignoring the rules then, at best you are out of touch with reality, I don’t want to say what the at worst is.

Someone else who doesn't understand grey.....no, this is beyond mockery. But what do we expect from the government of Boris the Liar?

I too gave them the benefit of doubt for a bit. Always a sucker for a comedy charmer. Years ago a former colleague stole an entire research review article of mine and published it under his name in a book he 'wrote'. I reported him to the journal that published my original article. I saw the bloke a year later. He laughed, and said 'It was too good to alter'. I was expecting he'd get his come-uppance but nothing happened. He went on to publish a series of fraudulent research papers that got his new boss fired from his job (the boss, the senior author, always carries the can). Our charmer, however, went unscathed and became head of department back in his native country (former Eastern Block). He's a brilliant laugh, but a complete crook who lives by the seat of his pants, trading on charm. He also believes his own bullshit. That is a gift. Just like our Boris.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is something else. The Spectator (former editor, a certain ABdeP Johnson) is piling on now

First the Mail, now the Speccy - it should slowly be dawning on the government that this isn't a load of lefties moaning but people of all sides of the political divide are outraged

Come on. This is just Starmer shit-stirring. Typical politics of envy. Grey areas.....no I can't do this. I need to set up a spoof account as an outlet for my faux right wing outrage. I could call myself 'Live with Hopkins, my Baker'. Then I'd put myself on ignore. :facepalm:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Will depend if anything else is being held back by the newspapers for Sunday.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Absolutely no chance they will cut Bojo's strings. Unless he can wish and become a real boy then the puppet master must stay.

Pretty much this. There's more spine on a Jellyfish than there is in Johnson, so he won't do it. I'd love to be proved wrong, but the bloke is a moral black hole and won't blink.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why would the man at the top chose to go?

I wonder whether this news has been deliberately leaked as there is nearly two weeks before the next PMQs (3rd June) so the government hoping it will be old news by then!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This from the BBC just now : -

Dominic Cummings, the PM’s top adviser, says he behaved “reasonably and legally” when he made a trip to an address in Durham at the end of March to be near relatives.

He says it was because his wife had Covid-19 symptoms and he was worried about childcare if he became ill as well.

The UK Government’s official advice says you shouldn’t visit another property - whether for isolation purposes or holidays.

But in law, the definition of a “reasonable excuse” has never been clear. Read more about what powers the police have.

So in summary , there’s no real proof that he broke the rules as what he did was open to interpretation.

I’m not a fan of this man at all but I can’t see he has done anything wrong as he does seem to have a reasonable excuse .

Looks like labour are using this to try to score political points .

Earlier in this thread I posted a link to an article in The Spectator by Mary Wakefield who is Cummings wife. It was published in April.
She said she became ill first and they stayed in London throughout.

I have since found out her brother lives in London so they had relatives a lot nearer if they needed childcare.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why would the man at the top chose to go?

I wonder whether this news has been deliberately leaked as there is nearly two weeks before the next PMQs (3rd June) so the government hoping it will be old news by then!

I'm not sure what Starmer could add to the Spectator article and Piers Morgan piling on but this does raise a good point of why it's come out now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I had wondered exactly the same.

I don't think he will go, but I certainly think he should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here