• No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol:

Yes I was just chatting with a mate who uses it, and his bubble is making him think that the whole country is polarized over Cummings and obsessed and of extreme viewpoint (he follows some extreme left and right gobshites for amusement). I had to remind him about the algorithm and the resultant bubble, and explained that the nationwide view of Cummings and Boris is much more nuanced, which gives a different context to the surprising vitriol of some ordinarily sanguine folk.

My point was that the Stamer twitter feed isn't evidence that Starmer is all over Cummings like a rash. I'm not the only person with this view. :bigwave:

X years ago I did try and burst my own bubble, but I didn't last more than a couple of weeks.
It made my head hurt.

My point still stands, I find Twitter excellent for instant news, specific interests and arsing about You've Been Framed stylee.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I learned today that the rose garden at No.10 is traditionally where the PM takes people to give them a rollicking. A tradition started by Churchill. Don’t know if that has any significance here but I feel it does.

It's not how I saw it. On the contrary it was symbolic of everything in the garden being rosy. Or despite the landslide of shit he came out of it smelling of roses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
X years ago I did try and burst my own bubble, but I didn't last more than a couple of weeks.
It made my head hurt.

My point still stands, I find Twitter excellent for instant news, specific interests and arsing about You've Been Framed stylee.

Now you have made your point succinctly I find myself unwilling to demur:rolleyes:.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, it's a difficult one isn't it. There's an old saying, I believe originating in India, that goes, "My enemy's enemy is my friend". Labour leavers, like myself, aren't comfortable voting for Johnson (as I did) on the grounds that all other parties would not 'get Brexit done' - or even happen at all; they'd either ignore the referendum (Lib Dems) or have 'People's vote' after 'People's vote' until they got the 'right' answer (Labour).
I'd never heard of Cummings until recently; Gove I always had down as a slimey *******, back-stabbing his hobby of choice. Boris - the lesser of several evils - but he still has my reluctant support (even more reluctant following his inexcusable defence of his slimey friend) - until we are finally and irrevocably out of the EU, then I'll be happy to join in the back stabbing (by voting Labour, not for Gove)!

The problem is that Cummings is the 'architect' of Brexit and been advising Vote Leave all along. If you can't trust him on this, then how could he be trusted on Brexit?
I know other people have had a vision of what leaving the EU meant and now realised that what is actually happening isn't what they expected at all. They have changed their minds, which is why people wanted a People's Vote.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/dominic-cummings-leave-voters_uk_5ecd3ad3c5b6a812dc66aad3

Anyway, back on topic.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
giphy.gif

No, they've got away with it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A 'minor breach'. FFS, that's like saying someone's 'a bit pregnant'. Cummings either breached the regulations or he didn't.

How have we ended up here?

Downing Street are spinning this as if he has been exonerated.

He’d only have been charged if he’d have refused to drive home if the Police has stopped him. Fair enough from the Police, he shouldn’t have done the family birthday day out.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
News headlines.... may have, might have, possibly, broke the rules.

In no sane world did his trip to Barnard Castle NOT break rules... fitness to drive for starters.

But they must be wrong, because BoJo said yesterday that he had seen the evidence that proved Cummings had done nothing wrong. So, he must have seen evidence that the Police haven't got - in which case can he be done for with-holding evidence?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Stop being a dick and trying to score cheap points, most people referred to serving down in 'Bosnia' or Yugoslavia in the early 90s regardless of if they ever went near the actual land or place. I've done the same as 'Patrolling the Adriatic enforcing UN resolutions relating to the conflict in the Former Yugoslavian Republic' tends to be a bit of a mouthful, people understand and remember more readily when you paraphrase it to 'Bosnia' which covered pretty much most of what happened down there, there's nothing heroic intended about it you're simply trying to belittle the guy posting it because he dared to disagree with you or have a different opinion.

Two old fellahs were having a chat. Was there any need for that? ??? :shrug:

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Shamefully we'll move on as if this whole sorry case didn't happen, and we will continue to be fed lies and treated like the idiots they believe we are.

One rule for the elite, another rule for the plebs.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It's not how I saw it. On the contrary it was symbolic of everything in the garden being rosy. Or despite the landslide of shit he came out of it smelling of roses.

heard of dog roses but not dog-shit roses. learn something new everyday on NSC.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yes, it's a difficult one isn't it. There's an old saying, I believe originating in India, that goes, "My enemy's enemy is my friend". Labour leavers, like myself, aren't comfortable voting for Johnson (as I did) on the grounds that all other parties would not 'get Brexit done' - or even happen at all; they'd either ignore the referendum (Lib Dems) or have 'People's vote' after 'People's vote' until they got the 'right' answer (Labour).
I'd never heard of Cummings until recently; Gove I always had down as a slimey *******, back-stabbing his hobby of choice. Boris - the lesser of several evils - but he still has my reluctant support (even more reluctant following his inexcusable defence of his slimey friend) - until we are finally and irrevocably out of the EU, then I'll be happy to join in the back stabbing (by voting Labour, not for Gove)!

This is what i couldn't understand about yourself and people like my brother who voted leave and endorsed the ERG/UKIP position. One look at these people's past record shows that they were and are only interested in themselves and their track record e.g. NHS was/is a clear sign of what they want to do to shape the country and in my consideration the EU is/was the lesser of two evils.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Shamefully we'll move on as if this whole sorry case didn't happen, and we will continue to be fed lies and treated like the idiots they believe we are.

One rule for the lawmakers, another rule for the plebs.

"It's only a single tomato, not a whole trolleyload of shopping". Minor shoplifting is shoplifting. Minor breach of lockdown is still a breach of lockdown.

But if you set the rules you can break them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
FFS....now we'll get three days of the news debating what 'might' means. :shootself:shootself

Nothing wrong with that, words matter.

I've been in meetings were there has been discussions of over an hour on whether the singular or plural of a word should be used and the different outcomes depending on what was used. Fun times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here