• No

Votes: 219 70.4%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't look at twitter from one week to the next. I just popped on to have a look as I assumed you'd eyeballed Starmer's account and it was an oasis of Cummings-free output. Oh...
Anyone who subscribes to twitter feeds by people expect, I presume, to receive their daily soundbite. One assumes those who live by twitter regard peope not tweeting as old fashioned. If I worked in Labour central office I would certainly employ a carefully selected member of staff to make up something in the name of the leader each morning.

But Twitter is for teenagers and people with lots of time on their hands but very short attention spans, innit. If you seriously think I read twitter, let alone seek out 'tweets' written by anyone, Paul Barber, The Physiological Society or Drab Majesty, let alone MPs, or consider tweets to be statements of substance, validated in situ by the inquisition of journalists, you don't know me very well. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not forgetting that Labour did not sign the letter written by all the other parties calling for Cummings' resignation or removal. You're spot on. Labour's strategy is to step back, and allow the Tories to keep finding more rope.

Ain't you bin readin wot is on twitter? Gorblimey, mister? Do pay attention to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]! Kizza Starmer as bin all over the Cummins, mate. All over im :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not forgetting that Labour did not sign the letter written by all the other parties calling for Cummings' resignation or removal. You're spot on. Labour's strategy is to step back, and allow the Tories to keep finding more rope.

When the prime minister and his cabinet are as unlikable and incompetent as this lot, it is probably all they need to do at the moment.

The calm and intelligent Starmer is the perfect antidote to this toxic government.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
When the prime minister and his cabinet are as unlikable and incompetent as this lot, it is probably all they need to do at the moment.

The calm and intelligent Starmer is the perfect antidote to this toxic government.

yep, this lot will implode on their own....Don't think Starmer needs to do much to help that happen to be honest

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They’ll lose my support if that cock socket gets the top job.

I don't like him - to be fair they're almost wall to wall ***** right now in that cabinet - but following Johnson he will be seen as erudite, competent and articulate.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I don't like him - to be fair they're almost wall to wall ***** right now in that cabinet - but following Johnson he will be seen as erudite, competent and articulate.

Yeah I'm not sure how bad you have to be to be a worse PM that Boris Johnson- I'm sure Gove will try

he'd certainly be a step to the right....which will be fun

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I don't think Gove would beat Starmer in an election to be honest.

He's a shit PM but Johnson, for some reason that I'll never understand, wins elections/votes and would possibly scrape an election win (with a reduced majority)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I joined to travel, specifically the far east, and planned to leave once I had seen what I wanted to see, re-enforced by our ship being sent to the Da Nang evacuation on the way back from the far east. Applied for discharge on return, only to get sent to the fecking Cod War before the paperwork was processed. It taught me a trade however and ive been in comms most of my life since.

A guy I served with on 846 was awarded the queens commendation for bravery whilst on duty in the Cod war.
He was (at the time) a chockhead. From memory the frigate he was on was rammed by the flight deck, some poor sod got caught up in some safety netting and as the Icelandic ship slid of the frigate, the guy was getting dragged over board. Knocker grabbed hold of him and cut him free with his fireman’s axe as they were slowly being dragged over the side.
I met a guy who witnessed it and he was adamant that knocker would either cut the guy free or they would have both drowned as knocker wouldn’t give up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Johnson's cabinet consists nearly entirely of third-rate politicians - most of them wouldn't even have become junior ministers under Thatcher. Gove, however, is an exception - he's clearly able (even if he is as conniving as they come); Sunak may be another - I don't really know much about him - but none of the others inspire me with any confidence.

My take is that they're going to wait for the transition period to end and we leave the EU for good. When everyone sees what a complete cock-up it's been .... and it will be It's a hard political challenge for anyone, but with the laziest, most incompetent PM of my lifetime in charge it will be a complete and utter Horlicks. The Tories know this - everyone in the cabinet knows he's not up to it - so, three months after transition, someone yields a knife and he's forced to resign (please let it be on 15 March, the classicist in him would love that!)

What will upset those calculations is a massive second wave and Johnson carrying the can, the next leader doesn't want to preside over the disaster of Brexit. These are anxious times for those hiding those daggers in their togas

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But Twitter is for teenagers and people with lots of time on their hands but very short attention spans, innit. If you seriously think I read twitter, let alone seek out 'tweets' written by anyone, Paul Barber, The Physiological Society or Drab Majesty, let alone MPs, or consider tweets to be statements of substance, validated in situ by the inquisition of journalists, you don't know me very well. :shrug:

and you don't know Twitter.

Twitter is whatever you want it too be, it's the gateway to your thing.

It turns out my thing is 'dumb drunk people', Dutch cycling infrastructure, The Darwin Awards, Barry Glendenning, a small amount of professional cycling, people selling mirrors, QI, films, more cycling, BBC archive, parts of The Guardian, left leaving American politics, a little bit more transportation, karma and so on.

For someone who loves his niche music to then write off one of the worlds biggest content provider of niche music is somewhat baffling.

Where your ire should be directed at Twitter is it's incredibly bubble forming.
You end up thinking the whole world thinks like you, see me, cycle culture & NSC as a prime example.
But even then with your love of the 'ignore function' on here that's gonna be a tough needle to thread. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They’ll lose my support if that cock socket gets the top job.

That's what will throw you over the edge!?!!

I hope someone remembers this (were all looking at Watford!) because is you can take it to the point of Gove, I reckon it's a very small step onto his bus.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
[MENTION=603]Deportivo Seagull[/MENTION] He would of perished If I was his only hope. We were rammed by both of the feckers. Thor went for ram on us earlier in the week, but we turned in time and she scraped along our side. I was on the signal deck and the attempt resulted in me getting drenched to the skin by the wall of water it caused. Ive never felt cold like it. I wasnt even paying attention when the Aegir clobbered us. Was on the bridge, head down, doing some long winded message over the radio to our supply ship, and heard the skipper shout brace for ram. I looked up and was thinking that I cant see anything to ram and was then thrown from my seat. That was my 'war'. My mother was an RAF ambulance driver in London during the blitz and has better 'war' stories than me

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=603]Deportivo Seagull[/MENTION] He would of perished If I was his only hope. We were rammed by both of the feckers. Thor went for ram on us earlier in the week, but we turned in time and she scraped along our side. I was on the signal deck and the attempt resulted in me getting drenched to the skin by the wall of water it caused. Ive never felt cold like it. I wasnt even paying attention when the Aegir clobbered us. Was on the bridge, head down, doing some long winded message over the radio to our supply ship, and heard the skipper shout brace for ram. I looked up and was thinking that I cant see anything to ram and was then thrown from my seat. That was my 'war'. My mother was an RAF ambulance driver in London during the blitz and has better 'war' stories than me

Incredible reading about this now. Sorry if you have mentioned already, were you on the Apollo?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
By the look of the front page headlines in the papers this morning I think he has got away with it! The Tory press in particular have no mention of the Cummings affair on their front pages. So, unless the police investigation leads to a finding that the law was broken he can ride this out.
Judging by the news content this morning, it looks as if the BBC has had a stiff talking-to as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here