Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CKR ever play for us again

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I ask the question because he didnt even make the squad against Boston so the answer would appear to be No.

It would appear that the ruck with MM has gone beyond the repair stage.

It is also rumoured that the club want £400k for him so what is the answer.

I hope that he and MM can 'kiss and make up' and him stay and play with us for a long time but I doubt it very much.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
doubt it , once a player gets into this mode hes a goner usually under McGhee

Kuipers was the exception as he wanted to stay , just a slight attitude change was needed - and even hes struggling to fight his way back into the team.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
BensGrandad said:
but plenty of ability which is what we need. Isnt the whole essence of man management in about getting the best out of man.

Even when he was at his best with us, his attitude still stunk.

There's only so many times you can shout encouragingly for a player to get up and get on with the game when a descision doesn't go his way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I feel that I would love to get him and MM in a room bang their heads together and say right we dont leave until you have sorted out your problems with each other.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe once he's kicked his heels in the stands for a couple of weeks, he'll come to realise that life at the Albion goes on, with or without him. I suspect once the transfer window's closed, he'll suddenly come over with a new-found sense of humility, and his 'management team' will push for him to make his peace with McGhee, if only to get him back in the shop window.

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Tom Hark said:
Maybe once he's kicked his heels in the stands for a couple of weeks, he'll come to realise that life at the Albion goes on, with or without him. I suspect once the transfer window's closed, he'll suddenly come over with a new-found sense of humility, and his 'management team' will push for him to make his peace with McGhee, if only to get him back in the shop window.

Spot on posting THPP:thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps it is a case of him listening to the wrong people, like his agentetc who are only interested in their 10% rather than promoting his career.

It was suggested once that either him or one of his close family read this board.

BensGrandad said:
I feel that I would love to get him and MM in a room bang their heads together and say right we dont leave until you have sorted out your problems with each other.

You're assuming that it's a problem between them two rather than the problem being CKR's large entourage filling his immature head with a pile of shit.

Haven't we had this discussion 500,000 times now - what's new?

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
BensGrandad said:
Perhaps it is a case of him listening to the wrong people, like his agentetc who are only interested in their 10% rather than promoting his career.

It was suggested once that either him or one of his close family read this board.

I think someone said that his dad used to stick up for him on the Bury message board so it's likely that he will at least read this one.

Personally I think the guy could be a real success in this division and would love to see him regulalry in the team scoring.

However, while he's in petulant child mode I'm quite happy to see him rot. To be fair his commitment was suspect even at the best of times anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
[B

Haven't we had this discussion 500,000 times now - what's new? [/B]

The difference now is that most teams pick a weakened side for their early Carling Cup games to give players a try but on this occassion he didnt even get into the squad. So how far down the list is he now? and if he is so low in the pecking order why do the club expect to get £400k for him and from whom?

BensGrandad said:
The difference now is that most teams pick a weakened side for their early Carling Cup games to give players a try but on this occassion he didnt even get into the squad. So how far down the list is he now? and if he is so low in the pecking order why do the club expect to get £400k for him and from whom?

But we didn't pick a weakened side in the Carling Cup - keep up :dunce:

Nothing changed in the four days from Forest - big deal. It probably won't by tommorow either.

I think it's good we haven't offloaded him for a knock-down price in the window. When that shuts a new element of realism might kick in and he'll realise he'll have to knuckle down and start playing how the coaches want him to play, not how all his hangers-on want him to play.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
BensGrandad said:

That would suggest he is seen as a disruptive influence.

His talent is never in question and I'm sure someone out there would spend in the region of £400,000 for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
But we didn't pick a weakened side in the Carling Cup - keep up :dunce:

I would have thought that if there was any way back for him MM would have put him in the squad for the Boston game and said 'OK now show us what you say you can do.' Especially as it was a game that we would have expected to win quite easily.

BensGrandad said:
I would have thought that if there was any way back for him MM would have put him in the squad for the Boston game

Flawed thinking for any number of reasons:
1) we wanted to win the game, and you don't win games with half-interested players
2) CKR has done nothing to supplant Gatting from the squad, Gatting came on and livened us up well
3) We have way more time to sort out CKR than a few days leading up to a 1st Round Carling Cup tie, he is safely under contract for a fair while yet

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes but he thinks he's great.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Flawed thinking for any number of reasons:
1) we wanted to win the game, and you don't win games with half-interested players
2) CKR has done nothing to supplant Gatting from the squad, Gatting came on and livened us up well
3) We have way more time to sort out CKR than a few days leading up to a 1st Round Carling Cup tie, he is safely under contract for a fair while yet

1. Had he started and been off the mark no problem bring on the player who he replaced. I would have played him and Gatting up front to start as MM knows what the others can do and it was against lower opposition.

2. Started him with CKR as I have said.

3 What use is he to us just rotting in the reserves.

As dougdeep says he thinks he is great that would have been the time for him to show what he can or can't do.

Last edited:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Tom Hark said:

That has summed it up in a nutshell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here