Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will CKR ever play for us again

My mate's brother plays for Brighton's U12's. He said last week at training CKR was training along with res and youth. His brother and some other kids asked CKR to help move one of the goals, and he said it's not something he should have to do and told then to go do it by themselves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if he is slowly coming to the conclusion that he would have been wiser to have actually gone out in the Rotherham game and given his all, which I gather he did not do.

The biggest loser here is CKR because the Albion are under no pressure to let him go on the cheap and our start to the season has been good. If we carry on doing ok he and/or his advisors should eventually come to the very obvious conclusion that he has got to do it on the pitch to get the move he seems to want so badly.

It will do him no harm to swallow his pride and make it impossible for McGhee to continue ignoring him, we just might see a fully motivated CKR after the deadline when his options narrow to 100% commitment or rot in limbo.

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
ckr would get a shitload of goals this season if he left his attitude to one side.we know he's got the talent now he's got to show he's got the mentality. The best thing for him would be to get into the side & earn himself a move & he's not going to do that by sulking like a 5 year old .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No because our glorious manager has pretty much no man mangement skill. CKR is clearly not innocent but would it not be better to talk to him and sort it out so one of our best players is actually playing rather than talking to the press every week?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rookie said:
No because our glorious manager has pretty much no man mangement skill. CKR is clearly not innocent but would it not be better to talk to him and sort it out so one of our best players is actually playing rather than talking to the press every week?

My sentiments exactly.

I do not believe that the chairman should put his nose into team selection and affairs but I feel that this is an example of when DK should use his power and lay the law down to all parties in the argument., unless of course he wants to sell him and put the money towards our elusive new striker.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BensGrandad said:
Perhaps it is a case of him listening to the wrong people, like his agentetc who are only interested in their 10% rather than promoting his career.

god not another Harding , PLEASE!...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes, but McGhee will have to change his attitude first.

:D

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he doesnt deserve to wear the shirt of bha,his attidude stinks,he should whatever his feelings ,die for this club,and i for one will not be upset WHEN he leaves,this club need and want better.
And at this time in this clubs need we do not need him

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
empire said:
he doesnt deserve to wear the shirt of bha,his attidude stinks,he should whatever his feelings ,die for this club,and i for one will not be upset WHEN he leaves,this club need and want better.
And at this time in this clubs need we do not need him

And it's all CKR's fault, of course.

:rolleyes:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
McGhee or CKR?

:D

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
look, he aint a bad player,but the fact he has a past at bury,sulks ala knight,was involved with knight and the bad vibes last year,clearly made his mind up since last year,that he doesnt give a flying f*** about this club.if he has issues with the club sort them internaly,not getting his agent to spread the dirty,get rid

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
empire said:
look, he aint a bad player,but the fact he has a past at bury,sulks ala knight,was involved with knight and the bad vibes last year,clearly made his mind up since last year,that he doesnt give a flying f*** about this club.if he has issues with the club sort them internaly,not getting his agent to spread the dirty,get rid

Fair point but there's no doubt he is a very skillful player and we're rather short of those at present. It's too soon to give up on CKR yet.

:wave:

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
maybe,im not sure on him to be honest,and he has been showboating for a while now,we need players like harty and revell who have given 100% in every game imo.the lad is young but very easyl led by others it seems.i feel theirs only one outcome.shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here