Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley: flair merchant extraordinaire

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Do you see him as a winger/scorer in the Kuyt mould ?

or do you think he could play the modern version of the Box-to-Box midfielder in the Trevor Brooking/ Bryan Robson type role ?

If he can play central midfielder we can play the the classic 4-4-3 with right-sided holding Bridcutt (cf. Brian Horton) and a left-sided creative Vicente/Noone/Harley as well as an out and out left winger: Kazenga. And two up front.

If he plays the Kuyt role there is no room for an out and out left winger (cause we can only play on one wing at a time).

There are other roles he could play as well.

It seems a waste that he has to take the corners.

I'm assuming that you have accidentally clicked on "reply with quote" as all I said was "I think I love him" :D

However....

I don't see him in the Kuyt mould, mainly as I think Mr Kuyt is shit.

On your other point ....Tactics and formations aren't really my forte. My knowledge has been honed through 30 years of watching football coupled with excessive playing of championship/football manager. To date I have not been able to utilise that experience to gain employment in the wonderful world of the football, and although I understand the style of football that Gus employs, I still don't get the whole one winger thing.

However I do have an opinion which is pretty much this;

I don't mind what position/role he plays whether it's 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 1-7-3, 4-5-1, just as long as he MUGS defenders and BANGS in goals.

Oh and his description as a "Flair merchant extraordinaire" gets a MASSIVE :thumbsup: from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here