Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Buckley: flair merchant extraordinaire

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He was brilliant last night, as simple as that.

However one moment of flair really stood out for me, although it didn't quite come off...

It was midway through the second half and we had a throw-in directly in front of the Albion fans. I'm not sure who took it - Calderon probably and he threw it to Buckley. Buckley played what seemed to be a pass to a player towards the corner flag, but there was no such player. Buckley then sprinted after the ball, giving the full back a 3 or 4 yard head start.

He just failed to get there first, but it was far closer than it should have been - the full back looked like he was running through quick sand relative to our speed machine.

A cynic may suggest it was a mis-hit from WB, but I refute that. He's so good he can pass to himself. FLAIR.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I remember that, he loves a knock past and run on! No wonder Harding SHIT his pants

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Great player.....plus he has a great chant.

I think I love him.......

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another flair moment was during the Newcastle game (first half), he tried and just failed to dink the ball over their fullback and run past him in the same movement. Would have been amazing if it came off.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Playing with a lot of confidence at the moment which keeps him at the top of his game, great to watch and currently our most dangerous player.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
If he can cross to himself then maybe I'll listen. In all seriousness I really hope he stays fit. Given his record earlier in the season there is always the danger of a relapse - if he stays fit he could well win player of the season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He is great. My only criticism of him is he should take on the full back EVERY time. Sometimes he takes the early cross as an option, but the run to the line and cross is always more dangerous than an early cross from further back. He beats whoever it is for pace every single time, so just keep doing it.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's a shame some of his final balls went amiss towards the end of the game but he looked knackered by that point.

He also needs to work a bit on his corners, maybe Harley could work with him?

I want to see a team with Noone and Buckley in it, would be fantastic!!

D

Deleted member 18477

I remember that, he loves a knock past and run on! No wonder Harding SHIT his pants

i cant wait for jose enrique to SHIT his pants. although he probably wont as hes a very good player. be a great tussle though!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It's a shame some of his final balls went amiss towards the end of the game but he looked knackered by that point.

He also needs to work a bit on his corners, maybe Harley could work with him?

I want to see a team with Noone and Buckley in it, would be fantastic!!

So do I, Noone's early season form with Buckers current form would be delightful

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
i cant wait for jose enrique to SHIT his pants. although he probably wont as hes a very good player. be a great tussle though!

Jose Enrique is one of the quickest players in the Premiership.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Haha, marvelous scenes! :clap:
Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Southampton+npower+uLTzL946AIsl.jpg

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
In the Newcastle game, I loved his build up for his goal. He MEGGED the defender at pace, with one touch, with the outside of his boot.
Defender looks at bench and throws his arms in the air. Scenes.
Tell me I didn't imagine this.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
At Posh he was standing near the touchline - there was a poor high ball to him that was going over his head into touch. As the ball went over his head he turned - stuck out a boot, and with a single touch stopped it going out, and put it down the wing to run onto. That was true quality.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Thought he was quite poor by his standards for the first half, his touch was off and couldn't get into the game. Highlight was the whipped cross for CMS. Was absolutely rocking for the last 30 mins though, really good and how he got the ball back off the Palace defender in the lead up to winning the penalty was brilliant

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In the Newcastle game, I loved his build up for his goal. He MEGGED the defender at pace, with one touch, with the outside of his boot.
Defender looks at bench and throws his arms in the air. Scenes.
Tell me I didn't imagine this.

Your are correct

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
At Posh he was standing near the touchline - there was a poor high ball to him that was going over his head into touch. As the ball went over his head he turned - stuck out a boot, and with a single touch stopped it going out, and put it down the wing to run onto. That was true quality.

I remember that. In fact the flair is rubbing off right throughout the team, also at Posh E-Abd trapped a ball coming down from the clouds and danced past a player all in one movement, and later on we had Greer skipping past Calderon on the overlap right by their corner flag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here