Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will anyone actually call Falmer 'the Amex'?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I can't stand it when stadiums get corny sponsorship names like 'the Emirates' or 'the Reebok stadium' etc.

To me, the ground has always been, and will always be, Falmer. So is anyone else going to be referring to it was Falmer, or is the general consensus going to be the Amex?

:falmer:

#blows into hands, rubs them together, streches, says to one's self "Here we go again" and puts on tin hat to deflect from barrage of abuse I usually get for having a strong opinion of this from some on here who think football was invented by Sky in 1992#

I personally will NEVER refer to Falmer as The A***, or indeed any other corporate name, why should I? They are in it for themselves and no other reason, I owe them nothing. and before anyone starts refering to it as a 'cool' name (yes, that has been used on here) remember it is only for 10 years. I remember at school people thinking it was 'cool' to have British Caledonian' splashed across the shirts, seven years later NOBO wasn't so 'cool'

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
#blows into hands, rubs them together, streches, says to one's self "Here we go again" and puts on tin hat to deflect from barrage of abuse I usually get for having a strong opinion of this from some on here who think football was invented by Sky in 1992#

I personally will NEVER refer to Falmer as The A***, or indeed any other corporate name, why should I? They are in it for themselves and no other reason, I owe them nothing. and before anyone starts refering to it as a 'cool' name (yes, that has been used on here) remember it is only for 10 years. I remember at school people thinking it was 'cool' to have British Caledonian' splashed across the shirts, seven years later NOBO wasn't so 'cool'

Totally agree.

dingobruce

Oct 21, 2009
SE4 9UL

:facepalm: By sponsoring the stadium, they are injecting cash into the club you support. This money can be used to buy better players, and pay higher wages. This will therefore increase your enjoyment of watching the Albion play. Not to mention the fantastic new stadium that you will be sitting in will need to be paid off. Yes the loans are interest free but good uncle Tony will still be wanting his money back...

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'll be amazed if the vast majority don't call it The Amex..

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Yes, I agree that the company is sponsoring the stadium and stuffing money into the club, but by that logic surely we should be calling it the Tony Bloom stadium or the Lizard stadium! How about the IT First stadium? They pump money into the club too. Of the pukka pies stadium? Or how about naming it after the fan thats bought the most tickets over the years? They, after all, have also pumped in money...

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
The name Falmer reminds me of the struggle of which we should all be proud of and will go down as part of our history.

We want Falmer
We want Falmer

but we`ll call it the Amex when we get there

nah

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yes, I agree that the company is sponsoring the stadium and stuffing money into the club, but by that logic surely we should be calling it the Tony Bloom stadium or the Lizard stadium! How about the IT First stadium? They pump money into the club too. Of the pukka pies stadium? Or how about naming it after the fan thats bought the most tickets over the years? They, after all, have also pumped in money...

What ? They have bought the naming rights. That is what they paid for.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
it could be called the big floppy donkey dick arena for all i care. it'd still be an absolutely incredible stadium.

"And we're just going over to 'The Donkey Dick' for a goal update - Kammy"

"Unbelievable Jeff. A thunderous drive from Elliott Bennet has nearly taken the roof off The Gloryhole Stand as it ripped into the net. Brighton 4, Palace 0"

It could work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here