Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Adams be the second Mullery

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is Micky Adams in danger of following Alan Mullery in becoming a hero with the fans in his first reign, only to fail miserably the second time around.
They say you should never go back, so true with Mullery will Adams now prove these to be wise words?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
extremely good point.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Completely different scenario, Mullery was brought back as a smokescreen because after sacking Cattlin appointing former Worthing boss Barry Lloyd as Albion boss would have been financial suicide.
When Bedson, Sizen and Co got the chance, January 1987 Mullers was out and Lloydie stepped up to the plate.
Unless Dick Knight has taken leave of his senses I doubt lightning will strike twice......although what price can you get on Dean White as the next Albion boss?:lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think there is a slight similarity Harty. The board sack a true blue and white Albion man, to ease that sacking they bring back another hero.
Have they not tried the same tactics here?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Completely different scenario, Mullery was brought back as a smokescreen because after sacking Cattlin appointing former Worthing boss Barry Lloyd as Albion boss would have been financial suicide.
When Bedson, Sizen and Co got the chance, January 1987 Mullers was out and Lloydie stepped up to the plate.

Is the right answer, Mullery was employed to fail.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Unless Dick Knight has taken leave of his senses I doubt lightning will strike twice......although what price can you get on Dean White as the next Albion boss?:lolol:

DEAN WHITE???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CONFERENCE SOUTH HERE WE COME!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Adam Virgo's 40 year old mate will be the next Brighton manager...mark my words, you heard it here first :jester:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
FFS why is there so much negativity!
We could be in a Wembley final this season and a few good results will move us right up the table. It's only November FFS. And Adams has dropped his dead donkey.

D

Deleted User X18H

A f***ing big one I hope and No even I wouldn't invest.;)

D

Deleted User X18H

I did say this on the phone in last week it was one of my parallels.

D

Deleted User X18H

Oh the same reason we had Woods, Hinshellwood and Brooker, what was their career path with the Albion?
On occasioans I firmley believe we promoted from within as the previous manager required a large pay off Jeff Wood , and Wilkins spring to mind.
(these compensation pay offs to avoid court action can be quite pricey;))

I imagine Adams is on a fair whack to have been persuaded back leaving no real budget for any other management resource.

Hinshelwood bless him would have paid Uncle Dick too do the job.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No. Is the answer to this thread. Not least because his name is Mickey Adams, thereby making it impossible to be the next 2nd Mullery.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
very good point.... I firmly believe you can never go back, witness Kendall at Everton, Keegan at Newcastle... you never go back, magic never works twice

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tell that to David Nixon, Paul Daniels or Siegfrid and Roy.

I think that you are mixing illusionists up with magicians....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here