Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins Out

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
To be fair though Northampton should get relegated this year and Southend wont be far behind. Friday night will be a real test.

My point is merely that there are plenty of postives to be taken from today. Come back to me when a team actually does murder us before halftime! Maybe it will happen...but I'm not going to sit around expecting it to, especially having won today :thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
My point is merely that there are plenty of postives to be taken from today. QUOTE]

Cant argue with that, Forster did exactly what he is paid to do, the two new signings looked good and we looked good going forward after about the 72nd minute. Will be a very good game on Friday if we keep the same line-up that finished today.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Cant argue with that, Forster did exactly what he is paid to do, the two new signings looked good and we looked good going forward after about the 72nd minute. Will be a very good game on Friday if we keep the same line-up that finished today.[/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed. I hope we approach the game with a bit of confidence. Been a decent enough start to the season. I hope we keep this home form up because I'm sure that will be the key to whether we have a good season or not.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I don't agree with that at all. Ok, Northampton will PROBABLY be fairly poor, but I thought Southend were a reasonably decent league one side. They won't be going up, I grant you, but I would be very surprised if they didn't finish in the top half. Put it like this, if we beat every team worse than Southend at home we'll win a lot of matches.

Im not sure, they seem to have lost a few half decent players and looked awful for long periods of time yesterday. I fancy we will finish above them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wilkins was fortunate that his substitutions came off, which they havent done very well in the past, but 1 swallow does not make a summer and because Baz played well Saturday it doesnt follow that he will repeat that performance Friday or indeed again this season.

At the moment I would prefer us to keep 5 or 6 clean sheets and hope that we can nick (y Forster) a goal at the other end.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Im not sure, they seem to have lost a few half decent players and looked awful for long periods of time yesterday. I fancy we will finish above them.

can't agree either , I thought Southend looked very good. I would easily say they will be top half.

They arn't to dis-similar to us when we went up in play offs , went up , came down , lost eastwood (zamora) , kept a decent amount of players from previous promotions etc

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
can't agree either , I thought Southend looked very good. I would easily say they will be top half.

They arn't to dis-similar to us when we went up in play offs , went up , came down , lost eastwood (zamora) , kept a decent amount of players from previous promotions etc

Ill be amazed if they finish in the top 12 without strengtening. At no point on Saturday did I see anything that suggested that they will finish above us. Will be interesting to see how they do.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Ill be amazed if they finish in the top 12 without strengtening. At no point on Saturday did I see anything that suggested that they will finish above us. Will be interesting to see how they do.

eh ? They totally played us off the park first half and their football was crisp and tidy .

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Agreed, they passed the ball around well especially in the first half. They didn't do much in the final third though, I think the difference is when Zamora left we got Knight in, they don't appear to have replaced Eastwood. I suppose we got lucky a bit finding someone who would score as many goals as Knight did that season.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
eh ? They totally played us off the park first half and their football was crisp and tidy .

We created at least three chances we should have scored from, Revell had two free headers and Martot had one. Better teams would have had three by half time. I dont rmember them having many shots on goal either. Think they were allowed to play their football until they got anywhere near our goal.

£20 to REMF says they dont finish above 12th, any takers?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We created at least three chances we should have scored from, Revell had two free headers and Martot had one. Better teams would have had three by half time. I dont rmember them having many shots on goal either.

yeah neither keeper was particualrly worked first half

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Again in the first half we were very poor but in the last 20 minutes we played as well as we have done for a year and if we played like that regularly would win the league. Wilkins came up with a very odd starting line up but credit where its due came up with 3 superb sunstitutions which changed the game and won it for us. The team spirit in the last 20 minutes was as good as it has been for a long time so well done the team and Wilkins and apologies to Forster for starting to doubt him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here