Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins out!

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Da Man Clay said:
The same could have been said when McGhee was in charge. However people wanted to string him up for performances half as bad as some we have had at home this season.

to be honest I was more annoyed at the attitude of McGhee when it came to publicly rowing with players and the last game of last season where he said the match meant nothing after I paid good money. McGhoo had his time and wasn't gonna take us forward. Wilkins deserves a pre-season and a bit of time to see what he can do. If we are still struggling next season I would probably want a change again but I don't think we will struggle

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
The Large One said:
For crying out loud, people - IT'S A WIND UP.

Don't respond to him - he'll get bored and so off one day.

Why is it a wind-up? Im not the only person who believes we have appointed an under qualified manager.

Da Man Clay said:
The same could have been said when McGhee was in charge. However people wanted to string him up for performances half as bad as some we have had at home this season.

McGhee had a far stronger squad with more experience (initially) and he had more time. I agree that he also suffered from his squad being depleted from beneath him but his handling of it was very poor, eg falling out with key players.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its the double standards with Wilkins and McGhee that irks me the most. I expect us to be around 19th next season, I don't think we will go down to Div 4 as DK would not allow that but Wilkins has no chance of geling the side into promotion candiadtes or even the play offs. Its a shame as a manager with some clue could make this team play off contenders imho.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Seagullible said:
to be honest I was more annoyed at the attitude of McGhee when it came to publicly rowing with players and the last game of last season where he said the match meant nothing after I paid good money. McGhoo had his time and wasn't gonna take us forward. Wilkins deserves a pre-season and a bit of time to see what he can do. If we are still struggling next season I would probably want a change again but I don't think we will struggle

I do agree with you and think MMs time had come to an end. I think that was our chance to bring in an experienced manager and keep Wilkins as a number 2 for another couple of seasons. I hope he does well next season but I get the feeling that he may end up with his p45 come Christmas.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Seagullible said:

So you were annoyed with McGhee for one game, despite Wilkins telling us the whole season is irrelevant? SPASTIC :jester:

Uncle Spielberg said:
Wilkins has no chance of geling the side into promotion candiadtes or even the play offs

Maybe, maybe not. But I am 100% sure that McGhee would not have done. Just because you do not share my opinion, why does that mean I have double standards? The football may have been as shite as under McGhee recently but the situations are not the same. This time next year who knows.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Its the double standards with Wilkins and McGhee that irks me the most. I expect us to be around 19th next season, I don't think we will go down to Div 4 as DK would not allow that but Wilkins has no chance of geling the side into promotion candiadtes or even the play offs. Its a shame as a manager with some clue could make this team play off contenders imho.

I also think MM would have done a better job if the crowd and DK had let him, however Wilkins definitely deserves to be given some slack. He has had to work with kids and he has brought in some good young players. I am impressed with his contacts less so so far with his abilties as a manager but he kept us up and he does deserve to be allowed to manage without the shit that MM got.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
McGhee had a far stronger squad with more experience (initially) and he had more time. I agree that he also suffered from his squad being depleted from beneath him but his handling of it was very poor, eg falling out with key players.

Fair point. IMO it was only CKR who was a real loss to the squad and I dont think the full story with that one has ever come out.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I am impressed with his contacts less so so far with his abilties as a manager but he kept us up and he does deserve to be allowed to manage without the shit that MM got.

Icy my darling, are you saying you are impressed with his contacts or not?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
bhafc4eva said:
So you were annoyed with McGhee for one game, despite Wilkins telling us the whole season is irrelevant? SPASTIC :jester:

got bored replying to the same boring shit. In the end, Wilkins IS the manager and deserves till at least Xmas to see what he can do, calling for his head now achieves f*** all you little toss pot:rolleyes: :jester:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Seagullible said:
got bored replying to the same boring shit. In the end, Wilkins IS the manager and deserves till at least Xmas to see what he can do, calling for his head now achieves f*** all you little toss pot:rolleyes: :jester:

Right so you are already saying get rid of him at Xmas, why give a man the fans have no faith in a 3 year contract? Best get your shit hole licking tongue ready for dinner in Dean Wilkins ARSE.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagullible said:

At least Christmas, he needs a chance to rebuild Adams style in my eyes - this takes time.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bhafc4eva said:
Right so you are already saying get rid of him at Xmas, why give a man the fans have no faith in a 3 year contract? Best get your shit hole licking tongue ready for dinner in Dean Wilkins ARSE.

Not the most eloquent response I have ever seen but in the main, just which fans are you referring to ? Speak for everybody do you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here