Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins manager of the month ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Getting us to where we are now, and not being beaten by Forest, Leeds or Donny. March has been a great month for Deano and lets hope this continues through-out April.

So, I hope he doesn't actually win manager of the month because once doing that the teams always seem to go on a bad run.

Dean Wilkins :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Getting us to where we are now, and not being beaten by Forest, Leeds or Donny. March has been a great month for Deano and lets hope this continues through-out April.

Yeah! Why not? it's about time we won it!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
When he starts picking up 3 points away from home instead of playing for draws, he'll in it. :thumbsup:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
2 goalless draws.

Good, job well done - yep. But great?

2 goalless draws which we could have won which is good.

What the great achievement is given our position six weeks ago and where we are now, without the dodgy referee against Huddersfield then we'd have only been beaten by a very good Carlisle this month, and they look like going up.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What the great achievement is given our position six weeks ago and where we are now, without the dodgy referee against Huddersfield then we'd have only been beaten by a very good Carlisle this month, and they look like going up.

Can't disagree with that, other than Huddersfield - we were rubbish and deserved to lose.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
2 goalless draws.

Good, job well done - yep. But great?

You really are a tosser of the highest order mate, I've come to the conclusion that you know nothing about football, although you like to give the impression that you do. How anyone can call two games away from home against Forest and Leeds withouth conceeding a goal as anything but successful is just staggering.

And don't give me that old bollocks about being a fan and being able to say what you want, because for me supporting your team comes with a degree of responsibilty as well, and I think you get off on just being a bit of a tool.

Support your club and f***ing grow up.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The forest and leeds results are both very good results, however I pray we dont have to play either of them in the play-offs. We didn't seem to really threaten either team (certainly not to the degree they did us) and I dont fancy trying to beat them over two legs.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
The forest and leeds results are both very good results, however I pray we dont have to play either of them in the play-offs. We didn't seem to really threaten either team (certainly not to the degree they did us) and I dont fancy trying to beat them over two legs.

We had chances in both games and defended well to keep two clean sheets, we should have had a penalty today when Muzza was given offside in the second half when has was a yard onside (seen it on our analysts laptop after the game and we had about 5 really bad offside decisions).

So given our good defensive performances against both teams and our good home record, I think we'd have a good chance against both teams. I think we'll play Forest in the play off's for what it's worth.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We had chances in both games and defended well to keep two clean sheets, we should have had a penalty today when Muzza was given offside in the second half when has was a yard onside (seen it on our analysts laptop after the game and we had about 5 really bad offside decisions).

So given our good defensive performances against both teams and our good home record, I think we'd have a good chance against both teams. I think we'll play Forest in the play off's for what it's worth.

If we get there I fancy us to play Forest as well (and I don't really expect Leeds to get there)
The play-offs really are a different kettle of fish compared to the league anyway, I just think Forest/Leeds would cause us more problems than any of the others.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
0-0 at Leeds is an amazing result considering that is only the 3rd league game this season which Leeds have failed to score in. The other 2 were Tranmere and Donny.

Stumpy Tim

Any fan would surely take 0-0 in the away leg of a Play-off Semi-Final?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No No No, No way, you know the curse of managers who win that!!!... However, he does deserve manager of the season at the end when the curse can't strike!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Played 9
Won 4
Drawn 3
Lost 2
Points 15
For 11
Against 9

The record in itself is not good enough and he will not pick up the award, may not even be shortlisted but he has done very well.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

We didn't threaten Bristol City at all in the home and away league matches, and got absolutely thrashed at Withdean. We still beat them in the final - we have nothing at all to fear, the matches against Donny, Forest and Leeds have proved that.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
To have gotten a side from 17th a few months back, and after that defeat away at Cheltenham. To where we are now in 7th place is a fantastic job well done by DW.

However, I am well aware of the curse of this award and for that simple reason I'd prefer it if he didn't win this time round.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd be very surprised if we won it as we're 'only' 3rd in the form table for March...

1 - Carlisle P7 W5 D2 L0; 17 points at 2.42 points per game.
2 - Donny P8 W5 D1 L2; 16 points at 2.00 points per game.
3 - Albion P9 W4 D3 L2; 15 points at 1.66 points per game.

Also in with a shout might be...

5 - Southend P6 W4 D2 L0; 14 points at 2.33 points per game.

Leeds, Oldham, Bournemouth and Cheltenham all also have a higher points per game average in March than us.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Tilson will get the manager of the month award...........& the consecutive defeats that go with it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here