Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins manager of the month ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
He could win it. At the beginning of the month we were worrying about March.

But yesterday's result and Gillingham's means we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE !! :drink: :laugh:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whether DW get manager of the month doesn't matter, we are now in with a real shout of making the playoffs, that is MUCH more impressive than a kiss of death award although I'm sure the club would love it if DW won Manager of the month after their efforts in what looked like being the month of death matches.Both in the number of games played and the number of really hard games against top teams.

For what it's worth he is MY manager of the month :lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You really are a tosser of the highest order mate, I've come to the conclusion that you know nothing about football, although you like to give the impression that you do. How anyone can call two games away from home against Forest and Leeds withouth conceeding a goal as anything but successful is just staggering.

And don't give me that old bollocks about being a fan and being able to say what you want, because for me supporting your team comes with a degree of responsibilty as well, and I think you get off on just being a bit of a tool.

Support your club and f***ing grow up.

Oh, sod off.

Stating that two goaless draws are "good", rather than "great", is hardly enough to warrant being called a tosser is it?

FACT - the draws were good results.
FACT - but we could have done better.

Oh, and FACT - we have done bloody well this month.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We had chances in both games and defended well to keep two clean sheets, we should have had a penalty today when Muzza was given offside in the second half when has was a yard onside (seen it on our analysts laptop after the game and we had about 5 really bad offside decisions).

So given our good defensive performances against both teams and our good home record, I think we'd have a good chance against both teams. I think we'll play Forest in the play off's for what it's worth.

Something of an over-reaction brightonbear!
Truth is the players and fans are as one at the moment and you should take the chance to celebrate that and contrast it from a few weeks ago when they were at each others throats. The players have done fantastically and the fans-especially the away support at Forest and Leeds- likewise.
Surely not the beer talking at ten to one this morning?
PG

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I'd be very surprised if we won it as we're 'only' 3rd in the form table for March...

1 - Carlisle P7 W5 D2 L0; 17 points at 2.42 points per game.
2 - Donny P8 W5 D1 L2; 16 points at 2.00 points per game.
3 - Albion P9 W4 D3 L2; 15 points at 1.66 points per game.

Also in with a shout might be...

5 - Southend P6 W4 D2 L0; 14 points at 2.33 points per game.

Leeds, Oldham, Bournemouth and Cheltenham all also have a higher points per game average in March than us.

how are southend below us with a greater points to games ratio?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
brightonbear this is an opinions forum...thereby allowing different fans to give different opinons, you calling him a tosser because you disagree is hardly fair.

Withdean Wanderer is right in what he says, yes it is a good achievement and Wilkins and the players have done very well, especially defensively, however I feel in the Leeds game we could of created more chances to win the game
And before you get irate and launch an attack at my response as well, go and calm down and have a beer :cheers:

Last edited:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
2 goalless draws which we could have won which is good.

What the great achievement is given our position six weeks ago and where we are now, without the dodgy referee against Huddersfield then we'd have only been beaten by a very good Carlisle this month, and they look like going up.

I seem to remember winning at Walsall aswell in March.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The forest and leeds results are both very good results, however I pray we dont have to play either of them in the play-offs. We didn't seem to really threaten either team (certainly not to the degree they did us) and I dont fancy trying to beat them over two legs.

We should have had the 3 points at home to Leeds, they were very lucky to win at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here