Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Wilkins is building a new squad and needs time for it to gel"

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Will that be next seasons excuse for failure?

That is assuming, of course, that we are able to replace all those let go...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If he is building a squad with the calibre of his previous signings (Murray, Forster, Whing, Racon, Thomson, O'Callaghan) I will be happy.

Of course every team needs time to gel, will be interesting to see how weel it does. It bodes well we have cleared out so soon after the end fo this season, and hopefully we will sign players in the next 4 weeks, meaning that the new squad can go back to training on July 1st and all do the pre season build up against Sussex non league teams together

Oct 25, 2003
i'd imagine the reasons for 'failure' would be that there will be many clubs with larger budgets than us, who can therefore afford better players and stuff

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
So lets get this straight, we're debating the merits of a manager, based on an excuse given, for a particular scenario, that hasn't happened.

Great this board, isn't it?!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So lets get this straight, we're debating the merits of a manager, based on an excuse given, for a particular scenario, that hasn't happened.

Great this board, isn't it?!

:yahoo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing hell, I wasn't even aware that DW had failed THIS year. There was I thinking what a good job he'd done having had to rebuild after the Christmas debacle and it turns out our manager is a LOSER. Oh well at least I know that now.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Will that be next seasons excuse for failure?

Assuming that does happen and lets face it, it is a little bit early to say, I for one would rather we had a season of being a mid table team while a team for the future is put together then have another season of finishing just outside the play-offs with a team that is over the hill.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
i'd imagine the reasons for 'failure' would be that there will be many clubs with larger budgets than us, who can therefore afford better players and stuff

Exactly I mean there is Leicester and of course Leedsleedsleeds if they dont go up for a start.

And Perterboro have a rich backer and MK Dons have potential (tho I hate to say it), also teams like Tranny, Donny etc are no MUGS

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

this is why the clear out is very positive going forwards, its a clear signal of intent. half those released could have been given another year in this division, but Wilkins wants to clear space (and wages) to bring in new players.

lets leave the judgment till next may, eh?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
this is why the clear out is very positive going forwards, its a clear signal of intent. half those released could have been given another year in this division, but Wilkins wants to clear space (and wages) to bring in new players.

lets leave the judgment till next may, eh?

Oh yes - definitely POSITIVE news.

But Wilkins has been given a chance by many who've wanted him to "rebuild the shit left him by McGhee". Now, just as he appeared to have done that, we're going to be rebuilding again.

I look forward to hearing the same excuses return...

Oh yes - definitely POSITIVE news.

But Wilkins has been given a chance by many who've wanted him to "rebuild the shit left him by McGhee". Now, just as he appeared to have done that, we're going to be rebuilding again.

I look forward to hearing the same excuses return...

I would argue that the rebuilding work has already begun in earnest with the signings of Forster, Murray, Whing and Thomson as well the appointment of Barry Lloyd to head the scouting network.

This current cull seems to be another stage of that rebuilding process. That these current contract decisions were taken quickly seems to suggest that a plan has been in place for sometime, and we now have the maximum amount of time over the summer to make new signings rather than having to wait until midnight on the 31 August.

None of the players released were in Wilkins FIRST CHOICE team, and were always destined to the bench, so the disruption to the team is relatively minimal.

So I'm not sure we will be hearing the same excuses next year. I think the quality of the other teams in this division will be more of an obstacle than the squad gelling.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the quality of the other teams in this division will be more of an obstacle than the squad gelling.

You mean GASP! That there could be other teams BETTER than us in this division? Well thats just not on. Im going to complain. We shuld be the best by MILES and its all Wilkins fault if we are not.

Dear Football League

How dare you have other teams in the league better than Brighton & Hove Albion.

Yours angrily.

Meola T (Mr)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You mean GASP! That there could be other teams BETTER than us in this division? Well thats just not on. Im going to complain. We shuld be the best by MILES and its all Wilkins fault if we are not.

Dear Football League

How dare you have other teams in the league better than Brighton & Hove Albion.

Yours angrily.

Meola T (Mr)

Exactly, a team whos attendances are mid table in numbers, have no money and were shat on by the previous directors surely deserve to win the League :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here