Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Wilkins is building a new squad and needs time for it to gel"

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I think we'll have a similar season to this - and to be frank that'll do nicely.

Same old drivel is always on here about how every season must be an improvement on the last otherwise is failure.

Bottom line is that probably 70% of the division next season will be financially better off than us as far as offering contracts / wages to players they either are trying to attract or keep on.

Interesting thing will be to see what happens to Leicester - I can see that going one way or the other - either Mandaric will try to get them back up asap and fund it or (and this was on ceefax yesterday) he will knock it on the head and they could struggle.

The reality is I can see Scunthorpe, MK Dons, Peterborough, and whoever fails to win the play-offs being better equiped than us simply through financial clout attracting players - say for instance Carlisle, Southend and Doncaster are still in thie league that in my mind would take up the top six - purely my opinion.

So I can see another similar season on the horizon which will be fine with me delivering a pretty stable squad with a good mix of youth and experience for our launch at Falmer.

Of course Barry could find the Danish version of Zamora - mind you he could find the Polish version of Farrington!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here