Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins In In In

Wilkins in or out

• Total voters

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I watch us every week, home and away. What's that got to do with it? My ambition not a ridiculous one. It is for us to be a settled championship side. Wilkins will NEVER achieve that.
I was just wondering, why someone who's just turned 21 years old, and watches a team every week home and away, has such a deep knowledge of how to play the game should be played, when they obviously have never played the game to any descent standard themseleves? You think you know why Wilkins will NEVER achieve that (what ever that is??), but I wonder how you know that?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He's:

Reliant on loan signings
Slow decision making - reactive not pro-active
Strange, ineffective formations
Negative, especially away, meaning
Away record is pathetic
Struggles when we go a goal down
Ridiculous substitutions
Insistence on playing people out of position
Oh, oh oh. Another twenty year old baby who knows everything. I'm sure with your vast experience you could do a better job than a man who been at the club since before you were a sperm.

Do you actually know what pro-active means when you refer to it in a football term. Or it that something you heard the big boys says on the terraces every week? Reliant on loan signings? Yer really a downfall of Wilkins that, when you have a chairman who makes most of the signings. I think our record of doing well when we go a goal down isn't as bad you may think, and to be honest I think you are talking about something you don't really have a good grasp of yet, and basically repeating what other people say

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Comparison to the other managers we have had (and who I've watched) who have been successful and achieved things for our club?

Anyway, I'm not sure what PLAYING football has got to do with anything. Surely we have ALL never played football to any decent standard, else we would be players not fans?
Which I think is the reason they are so many like you on here who talk shit. Hooray, when we win, boooo when we lose. No go away and look at the budgets of those other managers and compare them to what Dean has? I think you'll find Deano's hands are tied just a little bit. He has no freedom in the transfer market, Uncle Dick sees to that, and I think if you knew what really goes on at the club, you may be surprised. I think you find there is a lot on here who have played football and understand it.

I think you will find quite a few on here play football to a decent standard, although the ones that don't are quite easy to spot ah Mr Badger.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Throw in:

- Blatant favouritism of certain players, even when they're not good enough.
- Assisted by f***ing idiots.
- Boring negative football doesn't win titles.
- Lacks the bottle or substance to create a consistent team.
I'd really love to see you walk up to Dean White or Chappers and explain to them why they are f***ing idiots? :shootself

Lacks the bottle or substance to create a consistent team? Do you actually know what you are saying there or accusing WIlkins of there?:thud:

tiger_hall

Dec 23, 2007
this is ridiculous.. we have one bad match and the manager goes.. i mean seriously wtf?? Brighton have done well this season and we have to prepare for next season getting into the Play Offs

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh, oh oh. Another twenty year old baby who knows everything. I'm sure with your vast experience you could do a better job than a man who been at the club since before you were a sperm.

Do you actually know what pro-active means when you refer to it in a football term. Or it that something you heard the big boys says on the terraces every week? Reliant on loan signings? Yer really a downfall of Wilkins that, when you have a chairman who makes most of the signings. I think our record of doing well when we go a goal down isn't as bad you may think, and to be honest I think you are talking about something you don't really have a good grasp of yet, and basically repeating what other people say

Sorry, oh wise one, I forgot you have to be a grandad to have a footballing opinion nowadays :salute:

Proactive - In this instance, i mean spotting problems and potential solutions, changing the game in our favour, with tactics or with substitutions. Reactive - waiting until we concede before lobbing on Robinson.

:salute:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
this is ridiculous.. we have one bad match and the manager goes.. i mean seriously wtf?? Brighton have done well this season and we have to prepare for next season getting into the Play Offs
Children mate. Children. Just humour them. We'll win our next game, and they'll be wanking over Deano's picture.

I think the play offs are a certainty next year, then we hold on for one season in the Championship, and then its Falmer.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Just to add my penny worth. The club sacked Magee and most here raved about it ??? but look what he has achieved back north??
Now its Wilkins turn to be the scape goat??
Is this a manager or a board problem,Wilkins knows where each player can fit in,so maybe he not playing out of place,but where he can do a job.I not sure but maybe manager with no money doing best from the squad he got fit at any given time???????????

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Of Course Wilkins In!!

I along with many people didnt expect to finish in the top 10, at this stage of the season we are still in with a shout of promotion, and even the most optimistic fans didnt expect that.

Yes we played rubbish today, and results went against us, but we have a game in hand, and if we win 3 and draw 2 we can still reach the play offs

If these players are all so rubbish and the manager be so clueless we would be where Port Vale are in the table.

We are doing OK, if this isnt to be our year so be it, but we have still had a great season and avoided relegation by Easter!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sorry, oh wise one, I forgot you have to be a grandad to have a footballing opinion nowadays :salute:

Proactive - In this instance, i mean spotting problems and potential solutions, changing the game in our favour, with tactics or with substitutions. Reactive - waiting until we concede before lobbing on Robinson.

:salute:
So in all your vast experience of two years as a grown up, and never playing the game to any half decent standard, you think you know better than a manager who's been in the professional game, longer than you've been on the planet?? Fair enough. Personally, I think I'd rather lave it down to Wilkins to spot a problem and how to address it best, than a silly little boy like you.

But as you clearly think you know better, using all your experience and all your wisdom what would you have done different silly bollocks.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So in all your vast experience of two years as a grown up, and never playing the game to any half decent standard, you think you know better than a manager who's been in the professional game, longer than you've been on the planet?? Far enough. Personally, I think I'd rather lave it down to Wilkins to spot a problem and how to address it best, than a silly little boy like you.

But as you clearly think you know better, using all your experience and all your wisdom what would you have done different silly bollocks.

Quite rich, coming from someone who disagrees with Wilkins choice of goalkeeper.

Hypocritical cock. :tosser:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
He's:

Reliant on loan signings
Slow decision making - reactive not pro-active
Strange, ineffective formations
Negative, especially away, meaning
Away record is pathetic
Struggles when we go a goal down
Ridiculous substitutions
Insistence on playing people out of position

Away record is not pathetic, we are 14th in the away table, its not great but its a long way from pathetic.

I'd like to know why being reliant on loan signings is a bad thing. The situation we are in dicates we have to have loan players as we are not able to keep a big squad. Most of the ones he's got in this season have done us very well, Racon may have had a bad game today but he's looked very good every other game he's played. Richards has been stable at left back and Westlake has been pretty good too.

Our record for coming back when we go behind this season is excellent, we are the best team in the league for points won when we've been behind in a game. Sure in an ideal world we wouldn't go behind but Wilkins must be doing something right as a few seasons ago we went on a very long run of getting nothing out of games we went behind in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone suggesting a change of management is deluded. People were entitled to be upset, dissappointed or let down yesterday. Wilkins himself will be feeling all of those things.

It doesn't alter the fact that we have done really well this season, and while there's still a slim chance, let's cling on to it. See you all at Roots Hall on Tuesday.

Just to add my penny worth. The club sacked Magee and most here raved about it ??? but look what he has achieved back north??
Now its Wilkins turn to be the scape goat??
Is this a manager or a board problem,Wilkins knows where each player can fit in,so maybe he not playing out of place,but where he can do a job.I not sure but maybe manager with no money doing best from the squad he got fit at any given time???????????

It's irrelevant to keep banging on about what magoo is doing elsewhere. The point is that he was shite here.

Wilkins will lead us into Falmer, and he will get better as a manager. The team are way better to watch under DW, and if anyone thinks MM would have been doing great things with BHA by now, they must be forgetting about how the team was stripped down to barest bones and playing like crap before he was fantastically and wonderfully sacked, fired, given the elbow and collected his cards with a nice shiny boot up his jacksy :bigwave: :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee was shite here

Promotion in his first season

Survial in the championship in his second season, something hinshelwood, coppell could not do

But don't let the facts get in the way NMH will you.

This irrational hatred of McGhee is really starting to concern me now. He must have done something to personally piss you off at the club , that is the only logical explanation.

Dandyman

In London village.
IN

I think we will JUST miss out on play off this year but be VERY strong in contention next year.

Spot on, IMO.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here