Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins, Hammond and Harding - Reaction

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
:thumbsup:

There was an article in the argus that Harding mentioned that he always got booed when he played against us - he did actually say that we didn't know everything that had gone on behind the scenes ? ? ? - As I have said many times before it is not made public what really goes on !!

'sake

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You do though.

It's f***ing pathetic-every time Wilkins name gets a mention she's on here spouting the same old shit. Doesn't the stupid woman realise that DK no longer runs the club?

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
You do though.

I know TOO, and people should realise that today's victory was MASTERMINDED by Dean Wilkins (MUSCULAR THIGHS!!!!) nearly two years ago. When Dean found out that Dick Knight (LIAR!!!) had stolen some of the Wembley '83 money he told Knight to either sign someone or he would SPILL THE BEANS in the Eastbourne Bugle retirement home supplement.

Dean masterminded the signing of Glenn Murray (NEEDS A PROPER SHAVE!!!!) and Murray, whenever he is short of ideas, always returns to his opening inspirational conversation with Dean's at the Albion training ground in January 2008

DW "Are you the bloke who is delivering Guy Butter's post training KFC Bargain Bucket, can you put it down next to the Andy Whing Halloween masks please"

GM "No, I'm your new centre forward, Glenn Murray"

DW "Glenn who? I've never heard of you, we don't need a new forward as I have just signed Jonny Dixon from Aldershot"

GM "Dick Knight (LIAR!!!) has just recruited me from Rochdale for three hundred grand, hasn't he told you? Barry Lloyd has watched me four times in the last month"

DW "You're winding me up"

.........sounds of mobile phone being switched on

DW "Mr Chairman, Dick, is this some kind of wind up? I'm half expecting Jeremy Beadle to give me a cheeky smile and a small handshake after telling me that we have just signed someone I've never heard of from Rochdale. Oh........oh.......late Christmas present from Tony Bloom........is he any good though as I've already signed Dixon"

DW "Errr, what's your name again, Gordon, Garry, Glenn, that's it. You're a striker are you? In which case the chairman says you have to be in the squad tomorrow, so start on the bench against Northampton"

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I would like to nominate bhadebenhams as poster of the year please.

Lots of love Dick Knight (LIAR!)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think Hammond had a fairly good game, didnt do anything special but I thaught most of the saints moves went through him?

Not a bad game

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Hammond had a fairly good game, didnt do anything special but I thaught most of the saints moves went through him?

Not a bad game

Me too, I thought the Southampton central midfield was better than Brightons for large chunks of the game, I thought Cox played well.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I would like to nominate bhadebenhams as poster of the year please.

Lots of love Dick Knight (LIAR!)

Yes, I agree. :clap2::thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Admittedly I watched it on TV, but Hammond continues to look a good player to me.

However he chose to leave, and no point dwelling on or reinventing the past.

D

Deleted member 2719

The booing of Harding still baffles me, considering most people agree he was rubbish when he played for us and we got a ridiculous £800,000 or so for selling him. Far more than he was worth, and we got rid.

Hammond was a much better player than certain people seem to recall, he never had a decent partner in the centre of our midfield in my opinion. But he's a quality player who played the ball through us on many occaisons today, whether you lot noticed it or not. The chance he missed was a bit of a shocker, but he's not left footed and he had to get height on the ball to get it away from Tunnicliffe.

Dean Wilkins would have deserved nothing less than a rousing round of applause for getting us to finish 7th in this division, that's a magnificent achievement and he gave us Glenn Murray, remember! There's so little respect from football fans anymore, to even think about booing Wilkins considering all he's done for this club is just wrong.

Seems although in the minority on this thread you have managed to sum up exactly how it was. :thumbsup:

Maybe the majority on this thread may want to change there view after they recover from the excess booze Quite pathetic the jibes at Wilkins and Hammond loyal servants to the club, i just wonder if anyone will be loyal to us again after Wilkins especially the way we treat them.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Can't agree with the criticism of Hammond. He was one of the few Saints players who wanted to pass the ball on the ground. He most certainly wasn't anonymous and he isn't "GASH".

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Can't agree with the criticism of Hammond. He was one of the few Saints players who wanted to pass the ball on the ground. He most certainly wasn't anonymous and he isn't "GASH".

An ex-workmate of mind worked as the southern scout for a then Championship side (played football with the manager back in Ireland), he watched the Albion 4-5 times mainly looking at Cox, Elphick and of course Hammond. His thoughts on Hammond were that he was strong, good going forward BUT ... he made life hell for his midfield partner. He pointed that he got in the way of the other midfielder and screwed the balance up and had a bad habit of taking one touch to many (slowed down any break we had). He did say that if he could sort this out he'd be a reasonable championship player ... but nothing more. He wasn't anonymous but he still takes one touch too many and tends to go walk about, and a couple of times he seemed tethered to the other central midfielder. He isn't GASH but he's certainly not as good as some of us make out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wilkins would have got a good reception if the opportunity arose, but it was hard to see the dug outs from where we were and no walk across pitch opportunity like we have at Withdean.

I booed Harding, not because I have anything against him, but because it seemed to make him play worse!!! He looked good going forward though, like always, but weak defensively.

Hammond did what he always did for us. Quietly went about his business and made some good runs into the area. Notably the one chance he missed after half time was a good run, but poor finish. Personally I would still have him back, although Crofts and Dicker are forming a very good partnership at the moment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't believe how overrated Dean Hammond is by some of our fans. When I say GASH I mean, he's no better than an average league one player. And in the Championship, he is MILES out of his depth and completely anonymous. Not a player we'd want if we are going to progress IMO.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
An ex-workmate of mind worked as the southern scout for a then Championship side (played football with the manager back in Ireland), he watched the Albion 4-5 times mainly looking at Cox, Elphick and of course Hammond. His thoughts on Hammond were that he was strong, good going forward BUT ... he made life hell for his midfield partner. He pointed that he got in the way of the other midfielder and screwed the balance up and had a bad habit of taking one touch to many (slowed down any break we had). He did say that if he could sort this out he'd be a reasonable championship player ... but nothing more. He wasn't anonymous but he still takes one touch too many and tends to go walk about, and a couple of times he seemed tethered to the other central midfielder. He isn't GASH but he's certainly not as good as some of us make out.

Of course 'its a game of opinions' and no doubt Hammond has his faults as all other players have too, but I thought he showed some qualities many other players on the field could not.

I didn't think he gave the ball away last night and kept possession and kept their passing ticking over, a rare quality at this level.

I think it depends what your starting view on Hammond might be, including him leaving BHA ( with the associated DK view ) and no longer being our player, then if you wish you can construct a player assasination on any player, but if your honest and clear he is a player that we would love to have in our team.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gus 'owned' Wilkins

It was interesting to see Gus and Dean Wilkins 'engaged in a heated discussion' on the touchline yesterday. Dean looked a bit sullen and withdrawn for much of the match, and then Gus completely owned him (in my opinion).

Just a quick question, was Wilkins as dour and sullen when he was with us? Perhaps the live TV coverage gave me the chance to observe him close up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seems although in the minority on this thread you have managed to sum up exactly how it was. :thumbsup:

Maybe the majority on this thread may want to change there view after they recover from the excess booze Quite pathetic the jibes at Wilkins and Hammond loyal servants to the club, i just wonder if anyone will be loyal to us again after Wilkins especially the way we treat them.

Sorry but I don't buy into this 'loyal servant' nonsense. If Hammond was such a loyal servant he'd still be here surely?

Isn't it time all of you Dick Knight haters (some of whom appear to have an OCD when it comes to Wilkins and Knight) drew a line in the sand and moved on? This is a new Albion and digging up past/recent hostilities every few days does the new regime no favours.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Weird you should say that. I often felt Hammond and Carpenter got under each other's feet, to the point of them not being effective at all. The manager's remedy was to drop Carpenter (on balance, fair enough), but it wasn't the only combination where the two central midfielders would often occupy the same space.

When Hammond was on form for us, he was superb, and would sometimes carry the whole team. His Player of the Season award was well deserved. But when he wasn't on form, he was - wait for it - anonymous.

Would I want him back? Even considering all the politics and finger-pointing and any water that has flowed under the bridge, now that we have Crofts and Dicker I would say 'no, thanks'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here