Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins, Hammond and Harding - Reaction

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I like the way you make YOUR point on an issue you then say you don't give a toss about, whilst announcing any likely response to YOUR view to being boring.

A little childish, if you have a point and wish to post it as you have, accept some might wish to respond.

I actually do not wish to respond to YOUR flawed view because I happen to find YOU boring.
:lolol: But you did respond! You couldn't resist it could you! And fair enough, whilst I no longer give a toss about ancient history if you want to keep dragging it up (and as as been pointed out you only seem to surface when Wilkins or Hammond is being discussed) then that's your perogative.

I think the thing that really rankles with you is that despite post after post after post you've made on the subject over the years most of us still basically think that Hammond was greedy bastard of whom we are well rid.

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
Dean Wilkins would have deserved nothing less than a rousing round of applause for getting us to finish 7th in this division, that's a magnificent achievement and he gave us Glenn Murray, remember! There's so little respect from football fans anymore, to even think about booing Wilkins considering all he's done for this club is just wrong.[/QUOTE]

totally agree.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am sure Gary Hart would have enjoyed post match yesterday I remember reading or being told that when he questioned Dean Wilkins decision to release him, Wilkins just smirked and said '' you can talk to the Chairman if you want''!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am sure Gary Hart would have enjoyed post match yesterday I remember reading or being told that when he questioned Dean Wilkins decision to release him, Wilkins just smirked and said '' you can talk to the Chairman if you want''!

That was Paul Reid and you have added the word 'smirked' so that you can have a snipe at Wilkins, why ??

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
I thought Hammond had a decent game yesterday. I think only one poster has mentioned the goals he scored for us from midfield, something we have missed since he left. But judging by yesterday there are signs that Crofts can play that role now, and he is more dynamic than DH, so I'm happy with what we've got. All in all, I think the midfield set-up is the most promising we've had for many a year.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Hammond has just been made Captain of Saints, as a reward for his outstanding performance against us. :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I can't believe how overrated Dean Hammond is by some of our fans. When I say GASH I mean, he's no better than an average league one player. And in the Championship, he is MILES out of his depth and completely anonymous. Not a player we'd want if we are going to progress IMO.

that is a perfect assesment.
hammond is ok, but average, nothing special.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
that is a perfect assesment.
hammond is ok, but average, nothing special.

Well if we are going to go out and buy current Championship mid-field players, presently playing in the bigger teams in that league then of course Hammond's stock is slightly less, however if we look at our current midfield players and how they have performed this season, then like many I think that he remians a loss.

He is a local lad that progressed through our youth system and has carved out a real career in the professional game, no mean feat, ultimately his career and performance level will be determined on where and at what level the remainder of his football is played.

But before you write him off, scribble down our midfielders that did so well on Sunday and see where they are all playing in 2 years time, I happen to think Hammond will be seen as the most outstanding of that group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here