Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins, FFS!

Well done WENDY, you made a royal COCK-UP today.

You simply DON'T put some stranger on the pitch after one day in Brighton.
He looked WAY out of sorts, befuddled and bewildered to even be playing!! :shrug:

WHAT kind of a message does it send to the rest of the team, to displace a regular player (i.e Adam el-Abd) just like that, without even training the new guy into the side?
Even Richards admitted it on SCR, he was not 'settled' - and presto, we go 1 down to a soft goal, and not long to go before they got a second with similar ease.

Wendy disappointed??...well guess WHAT Wendy, IT WAS YOUR FAULT.

I'm disappointed that you managed so naively as that. :dunce:

Example; Liverpool in the 1970's would buy a new player for loads, then play him in the reserves for 2 months "to make him a Liverpool player".
I still question the football value of David Martot as a shoe-in to the team-sheet.
Now, are we SO desparate, that we just replace anyone you feel like, with a player NOT COMPETITIVE MATCH FIT, after one FREAKIN' DAY in Brighton??

It was patently obvious that we needed a player on there to upset their play.

Word of the day is INEPT

Pull y'self together, that's all. ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if anyone was going to be left back, it should have been rents

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When you bring a player in on loan, you don't play him for 2 months in the reserves.
O'Callaghan seemed to settle quick enough.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
When you bring a player in on loan, you don't play him for 2 months in the reserves.

as did flinders

doesnt change the fact wilkins is clueless though

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just out of interest like.......has anybody EVER stayed awake long enough to hear all of the Wilkins post match interview..?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My 1st game this season and what a fecking frustrating game. Everything I have listened to and seen on here about the way we have played this season was there in abundance.

No passion or commitment to win the ball until we went a goal down

A right feck up by Kuipers for the 2nd goal, if he's had the post covered it wouldn't have gone in. I'm willing to be proved wrong on the tv replay but it just looked like shit keeping at the time.

How many corners offering virtually no threat?

Bas is presumably better as an impact player substitute as he was fairly useless and Jake should have been on from the off as should Revell as we improved dramatically once those two came on

What's the one dimensional 1st half game plan, hoof the ball to Bas and hope he heads it down to the ridiculously isolated Forster?

If that's the the best Wilkins can motivate his team I seriously question if he will still be here at season's end. I'm all for giving him a chance but we now seem to have the players but not the motivation until the game is lost. Yes Yeovil didn't have many chances but we just sat back and let them come onto us for 20 mins

What a load of crap and no wonder the crowds are so bad if that's the fare on display

Having a go about Richards seems the least important thing on that display. Remember when we used to come out playing like the home team. Millwall aside I don't believe we have done that at all this season from what I
hear and read and have now seen for myself.

I wouldn't be hurrying back, even if I was able to, which I'm not.

Rant over

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

exactly - and he claims to be good enough for the premiership , league one should be more of a breeze i would've felt

but thats not i'm pissed off about - the striker situation pissed me off most

1/how much longer will people moan that Forster isn't getting the balls fed to him when it's obvious he just isn't getting in the place to make it helpful for our midfield to pass to him
2/ the Bas situation - he has the talent but i just feel he is one of those players that should be brought on early in the second half to tear through tired defences rather then a whole game of defenders wearing him down

and c'mon Jakes got to start - Martot ran down the flanks well but showed no agression whereas Jake this season has been like a man pocessed and he has won games through it ... if its not working THEN bring on Martot but at least see!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If a player is quality then they deserve to walk into the team. Richards however was miles frombeing even ok , Rents would of been head and shoulders above that performance. I do wonder whether they signed Richards purely as he has played in Championship and Eng U21 . Of course he may improve unlike Martot who has looked bad in every single game, time to drop him completely and carry on the search for a wide player to give Robinson some competition

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
My 1st game this season and what a fecking frustrating game. Everything i have listened to and seen on here about the way we have played this season was there in abundance.

this is the problem , we got very lucky v southend and n'ton, played well v Millwall and lost the rest. Not looking good again after threatning to be ok

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Just out of interest like.......has anybody EVER stayed awake long enough to hear all of the Wilkins post match interview..?

theres never any point in listening

every week its: players dont listen, not my fault, ref was bad, heart rate monitors, work on it in the week, not my fault

well dean, if the players dont listen you must be doing something wrong

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh that's RIGHT.

....er...except todays game proves you WRONG, dunnit.
I'm not saying Richards had a decent game, far from it. I still don't know what Rents has done wrong meself.

But players who come in on loan are OBVIOUSLY going to go straight into the side - you can hardly give them two months to "settle in" can you. And I say again - O'Callaghan went straight in and has been class from the start.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
simple, play Rents, Jake and Revell, instead of Richards, Baz, Martot and we would have won, sort it out Wilkins you are getting like Mcghee.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
simple, play Rents, Jake and Revell, instead of Richards, Baz, Martot and we would have won, sort it out Wilkins you are getting like Mcghee.

agree with all of that, with the possible exception of bas being dropped

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think theres a message in the fact that when we lob the ball up the line we never win the ball yet when they do the same thing they win it.

Well done to sussex though.

I'm not saying Richards had a decent game, far from it. I still don't know what Rents has done wrong meself.

But players who come in on loan are OBVIOUSLY going to go straight into the side - you can hardly give them two months to "settle in" can you. And I say again - O'Callaghan went straight in and has been class from the start.

O'C is, to coin a phrase, different gravy.

Martot and Richards?? Well, the pudding was proved by today's eating. It didn't rise, was short on filling, and the oven wasn't preheated, or turned high enough.
When it was nearly finished up, the crust was slightly sturdier, but well after it was too cold for the palate, to be enjoyed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
is the NMH who thought Wilkins was the new messiah and McGhee was scum, whats going on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here