Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wii (GEEK thread)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, so I'm all geeked up with a Nintendo Wii. So far its mostly all the kids and wifeys games, ie cutesy stuff, monkeyball, Sonic, mario party, all that bollocks. Now I want something for ME.

I bought Tiger Woods 2007 the other day, but quite honestly, that STANK the place out so I took it back and exchanged it for Metroid 3, which is the SHIZZ (I love these 1st person shoot-em-ups and this one is a marvel). Is there anything else semi DECENT out there worth buying so I'm not just standing around at my window aimlessly waving my arms around like a day release from the Sunshine Variety Club ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Cutesy or not, you need Super Mario Galaxy. Resident Evil 4 and Medal of Honour Heroes 2 sound like the sort of boys games you're looking for, and Zelda is just brilliant. Zack & Wiki is supposed to be very good too.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Im just waiting for Mario kart,anyone know when its out?.bloody luv it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I was about to say, is there a Mario Kart game out? But i've been beaten to it.

What about Mario Tennis? Those games are usually brilliant.

If/When those are out, i might think about getting one...assuming you can get hold of them easily by then!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oooh...I'd heard mario Galaxy is good. Not usually my thang those types, but if it makes use of the controllers as good as that metroid I've picked up, then it sounds like it could be worth a sniff.

Incidentally - Wii Golf. -7 is my best so far (across 9 holes). Cutesy it may be, but the swing dynamics on that little game royally piss all over EA Sports Tiger 2007 from a great height. And I cuffing LOVE the tenpin bowling as well.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Incidentally - Wii Golf. -7 is my best so far (across 9 holes). Cutesy it may be, but the swing dynamics on that little game royally piss all over EA Sports Tiger 2007 from a great height. And I cuffing LOVE the tenpin bowling as well.

Part of Nintendo's problem is converting all these millions of machine sales into software sales. The problem is that Wii Sports is just so damn good. Millions of households are happily playing bowling day after day.

Woods 08 is supposed to be slightly better than 07 but I've not played either yet.

Rockstar Table Tennis has mixed reviews but it sounds as if you like it, you'll really like it.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have Woods 08 and it seemed fairly good in the 10 minutes I tried it for... not given it a proper go yet.

And yeh, Table Tennis is good if a couple of you get half decent at it, you can have some cracking games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have Woods 08 and it seemed fairly good in the 10 minutes I tried it for... not given it a proper go yet.

I'll be interested in your remarks when you have then, because 2007 was DEEPLY flawed. The main problem being the scatty putting. One practice swing would give you 5ft, and a swing seemingly the same would then give you 20ft. And if its a long putt (ie 50-60ft from the hole), you had to literally swing the putter like a frigging DRIVER to generate enough power to send the ball dribbling towards the hole. That was proper RUBBISH that was.

Hope 2008 has snorted that out, otherwise I'll wait for 2009.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
can a wii take game cube games and if it can what controllers you need

also anyone got a link on what a wii can do only played games on mine

you know like going online etc with it

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Part of Nintendo's problem is converting all these millions of machine sales into software sales. The problem is that Wii Sports is just so damn good. Millions of households are happily playing bowling day after day.

I bought my Wii 18 months ago when they first came out. the next game I purchased was mario galaxy on the 27th december.

Wii sports was enough :p

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I bought my Wii 18 months ago when they first came out. the next game I purchased was mario galaxy on the 27th december.

Wii sports was enough :p

Not quite 18 months - launched in the UK on December 8th 2006. I got one a couple of days after that myself.

I've got Zelda, Warioware and Mario Strikers that have been shrink wrapped since new and Zelda is over a year old now.

Wii Sports was the game of choice, now usurped by Guitar Hero III.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhhh....Guitar Hero.
Has a finer series of games ever been released, regardless of platform ? I think not.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Unfortunately, there is a ton of terrible games coming out for the wii, Nintendo's first party quality games are pretty much keeping it afloat games wise as 90% of the rest is just dire.

I guess the success took everybody by surprise, now everyone decides to jump on to wii it's the shit that hits the shelves first. Hopefully that means better games in the pipeline... No more heroes looks good and I always wanted to play Okami which is coming soon. Oh, and 20 notes for the gun and crossbow challenge is tempting me too.

I have my Wii chipped to test out games but most of them I never touch after 1 go, but I do shell out for the quality titles - i.e. mostly the Nintendo ones...

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
I have had my wii for 6 months now...got Fifa 2008 which is ok....but my top pick is Mario/Sonic Olympics...GREAT TIMES!

The Next Quality game for me on the Wii is the release (delayed) of Super Smash Bros Brawl.

For those who dont know, it's a huge fight between the biggest nintendo stars, for example: mairo, samus (metroid), link (zelda) & Pikachu.

New characters for this game include Wario & Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Resident Evil 4 for Wii is fantastic, as is Metroid, Galaxy and Zelda. I've heard lots of good things about Zack and Wiki too. The virtual console is pretty top notch too, with Mario 64, Wave Race, Zelda Ocarina, Sin and Punishment and plenty of other games available for download. You WILL need a classic controller for some of these, but well worth the investment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here