Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan make approach for Poyet

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I hate to put a damper on things, but The I this morning reports that Wigan refuse to pay £1.7million compensation and the deal is off!!!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hi kev, don't think there's any big clubs left for poyet. I think with the parachute payments and budget available for the forthcoming season this would be an ideal opportunity for poyet IMO. I'm more concerned with who we will be bringing in and whether that person will be able to have decent contacts abroad like poyet had. I'm praying we don't get an English manager with English ideas who wants British players........

Did he really have decent contacts abroad? Or was it more a case of after certain very public comments, we struggled to get players down here........and I don't think I'm a nasty person. I just think it's funny that Poyet has bought about his own downfall, it was always going to happen. Give him enough rope and he will hang himself eventually.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Did he really have decent contacts abroad? Or was it more a case of after certain very public comments, we struggled to get players down here........and I don't think I'm a nasty person. I just think it's funny that Poyet has bought about his own downfall, it was always going to happen. Give him enough rope and he will hang himself eventually.

Chill KTR ,I never said you were a nasty person........ Looool

It will be an interesting few weeks...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hate to put a damper on things, but The I this morning reports that Wigan refuse to pay £1.7million compensation and the deal is off!!!!

Looks like it's the wally with the brolley for them then :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this means we can get the 2.5 mil compo and move on then please make it so.

Given the current situation it could be that we call it quits and let him go free of charge

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Given the current situation it could be that we call it quits and let him go free of charge

sensible post this
I have nothing against Gus or anyone at the club surely it would be best to shake hands call it a day wish one another well and go our different ways
sad thought this is

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I don't disagree. It may be foolish to hang out for the compensation if it means any resolution is stalled. It would stick in my throat a little though if we let him walk for nought when at least some of whatever compensation we receive could've been invested in the squad.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In the paper the headline was about Poyet and it said they had made an approach for him

Headlines are written by sub-editors who are even less in touch with the truth than reporters.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
sensible post this
I have nothing against Gus or anyone at the club surely it would be best to shake hands call it a day wish one another well and go our different ways
sad thought this is

Would you walk away from a job with a guaranteed income of 2 million plus before having secured a new one offering a similar income?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here