Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wickes - Urgent

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
we are allowed to say what we want and I dont want anyone who aint my Mum or Boss telling me otherwise!
What about ME Crabbers. Don't forget, you are my little BITCH and I'LL tell you otherwise when you step out of line.

:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yes master!

think I completley lost the plot earlier in this thread, took DK & MP as saying "Dont do it" instead of the obvious "Please, dont do it"...lots of rage built up and I needed to vent it out and what'dya know...NSC was there for it to happen :lolol:

still have some left....now wheres my boss?!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Zeitgeist said:
Basically, "our" club has had the gun held at their head by the FL "Thought Police," because we've refused to kiss the arses of the Corperate spivs who donate their spare pennies to be "prefered sponsors"?!?...In spite of the fact the money originates from bastard Bill, it rather sums up all that is rotten about the modern game......

All I can say is thank f*** it was on there long enough for the uncensored press in this country to be able to pick up on the story.

And for any fan of any other club reading this who thinks we should have taken the money, you have absolutely no idea of morals or ethics.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't see what harm writing can do, in fact I still think it's a good idea. Rightly or wrongly the story got into the public domain and we as individual fans are merely voicing our displeasure. No one orders us around, not even our own club!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's the thought of Mawhinney finger-wagging Dick Knight, like a stern schoolmaster, lecturing him on issues like 'corporate responsibility' and 'interest of ALL member clubs blah, blah, blah', and Knight standing gazing at the ceiling and giving Mawhinney the finger back that's making me giggle.

Sorry, too much coffee today.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I will take it on advice but while Knight and Perry speak for the club, I speak for me and I think this is a bigger issue than just BHAFC.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
34064 Fighter Command said:
All I can say is thank f*** it was on there long enough for the uncensored press in this country to be able to pick up on the story.

And for any fan of any other club reading this who thinks we should have taken the money, you have absolutely no idea of morals or ethics.

True. I'm glad the Argus printed the story because it meant the club could toe the party line and yet the fans were informed.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Well there's the saying about "don't bite the hand that feeds."

Our biggest need is Falmer and considering the things that some people were prepared to do to get it in recent threads (damn you lack of search function) I would have thought that gritting our teeth about Bill Archer was a fairly minor thing.

Not taking the money is not going to annoy the marketing wonks at the FA.

Telling everyone that Wickes are the shittest of shit sponsors just might.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What i want to know in all this, is how come this Marketing Executive or whoever brokered the deal didnt know it would lead to some resentment from BHA? He's clearly incompetent, otherwise he'd have contacted all the clubs at a very early stage to check there where no conflicts of interest. What if a club was in negotiations to have a big sponsorship deal with B&Q?

Frankly, i think the FL want this hushed a little bit for that very reason - they have brokered a deal without any consultation with their members only to find out one of them is extremly pissed. It makes them look disconnected from the clubs and supporters. I suspect many clubs will now be wondering just what they are up to in their name.

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
beorhthelm said:
What i want to know in all this, is how come this Marketing Executive or whoever brokered the deal didnt know it would lead to some resentment from BHA? He's clearly incompetent, otherwise he'd have contacted all the clubs at a very early stage to check there where no conflicts of interest. What if a club was in negotiations to have a big sponsorship deal with B&Q?

Frankly, i think the FL want this hushed a little bit for that very reason - they have brokered a deal without any consultation with their members only to find out one of them is extremly pissed. It makes them look disconnected from the clubs and supporters. I suspect many clubs will now be wondering just what they are up to in their name.

That's easy to say but if you weren't a Brighton fan, you may know about Archer but why would you know of his links to a company which he doesn't actually control?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
beorhthelm said:

Two reasons I think. Firstly they couldn't be bothered to research the background of all the senior Wickes directors etc. Secondly even if they did know or find out their attitude was probably so what? They might have thought it was all in the past as far as we're concerned (we've certainly disabused them of THAT view), and secondly they might have taken a more pragmatic approach that every big potential corporate sponsor has skeletons in their closets. They went to Wickes and upset us. They may have gone to B&Q for example and upset somebody else ('B&Q bought our ground and evicted us to build a superstore, how can the F.L deal with such a company?'). Or of course they could have gone to someone like Esso or Nestle and upset people outside the game.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am a little uncomfortable with all this. Are we being accused of being troublemakers by letting the FA know the error of their ways in accepting Archer's blood money, Albion's blood come to that.

Its rather like Osama Bin Laden offering to sponsor the Church of England isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here