Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Will Hoskins singled out for abuse by The Albion fans?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Left side, right side really annoys me! It was great a few years ago at MK Dons but singing it at every game for ages after really gets on my wick!

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I really don't get why some people have got SUCH a problem with 'We're f***ing brilliant'. It's just a bit of a laugh. It may not always be factually correct, but then nor is 'We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen'.

Some people need to LIGHTEN UP a bit.

Exactly. You could even dispute the 'Shoreham Road line at the start of 'Brighton Aces'. I love this 'We're f***ing Brilliant'. I found the Rovers singing, 'Top Of The League? You're Having A Laugh!' amusing.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Havent heard the old Wembley chant to the tune of sailing We are Brighton Super Brighton from the South very often.

Probably because it sounds sooooooooo earnest.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Left side, right side really annoys me! It was great a few years ago at MK Dons but singing it at every game for ages after really gets on my wick!

I don't mind it at away games, it's a bit weird but I think if the reason for it is the cracking effect it produces if enough people join in. It must sound quite impressive having the coordinated passing of the song from one side of the stand to another to the home fans (well, at least, I like to think so).

People singing it in H Block at home games though, and then cheering when G block don't join in...

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
I see liberalism is alive and well in Westdene! "undignified"! How very middle class of you!

For info professional football is set up as a gladiatorial sport. You enjoy the highs and suffer the lows. When we were down there do you think others didnt rub our noses in it? And its not as if Bristol Rovers are about to fold.

Its a bit of banter, no more, no less. But please lets not start feeling sorry for others in the heat of battle.

Sounds like you are more suited to watching rugby.

Well, you have the advantage over me as as you seem to know me and I have no idea who you are, but you will know that I am as passionate as any fan and you probably know my thoughts about rugby! I'm certainly not going to apologise if my sense of fair play and sportsmanship makes me a middle class liberal, although I think that's he first time I've ever been called a liberal!

I accept that it's banter but the "easy" chant against Rovers was just pathetic. Feel free to use it if we are thrashing Stoke in a couple of weeks time, but it doesn't work against a team who are not rivals and are bottom of the league.

It's great that we are playing the best football we've seen since the late '70s, but to listen to some of you, you would think we are about to win the Champions League and not, fingers crossed, League 1. When did we suddenly become Chelsea or Man U, because that's what some of you sound like. The arrogant tossers at those clubs have been rightly slammed many times on NSC, and a few wins, and some Brighton fans are starting to sound the same.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I wonder whether the "We're the North Stand""We're the South Stand" chants that we had in the first season at Withdean will re-appear at Falmer, perhaps coming from three different sides?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here