Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Will Hoskins singled out for abuse by The Albion fans?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Its a football match people are going to sing what they want and people may or may not join in but stop moaning at chants its f***ing boring after a while. Don't go if you don't want to sing.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Theres nothing wrong with 'thats why your going down' ffs:US: its been done up and down the country for years,just a bit of banter!!

the easy easy should never be done,its cringe....and the few that were singing 'we're f***ing brilliant' at 2-1.....what is the point? was funny at P'boro but should really have been a one off

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I take it you didn't join in when the payers were doing it at the end of the win at Palace a few years ago then? Soccer AM? I'm pretty sure it was Big Daddy that started it in the 80s (or even earlier).

And what's wrong with 'That's why you're going down'? It's BANTER, what football's all about. They'd sure do the same to us.

No, I didn't sing it at Palace, I have never chanted 'Easy' and I never will.

Yes, the origin of the chant is not Soccer AM but it's current popularity is down to that show.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
f4b2749b.x120.gif

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Funniest shout of the day was, after some light hearted (but fairly gay) banter aimed at their keeper, someone behind the goal came up with "I'm not angry Daniels, just disappointed" when he refused to give them a wave. Brilliant!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Some of our chanting was bloody embarrassing yesterday, "that's why you're going down" and "easy easy". FFS gloating to a team 23 places below us in the league, it should have been easy. Christ, some of you morons have short memories, we were in that position a couple of years ago. By all means take the piss when we are thrashing one of our promotoion rivals, but it's undignifed to do it against a struggling and harmless team like Bristol Rovers!

I see liberalism is alive and well in Westdene! "undignified"! How very middle class of you!

For info professional football is set up as a gladiatorial sport. You enjoy the highs and suffer the lows. When we were down there do you think others didnt rub our noses in it? And its not as if Bristol Rovers are about to fold.

Its a bit of banter, no more, no less. But please lets not start feeling sorry for others in the heat of battle.

Sounds like you are more suited to watching rugby.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Funniest shout of the day was, after some light hearted (but fairly gay) banter aimed at their keeper, someone behind the goal came up with "I'm not angry Daniels, just disappointed" when he refused to give them a wave. Brilliant!

:lol: That's quality, and the one thing that I agree with on this thread is singing the we're f***ing brilliant when it's 2-1. Should have been left where it started at London Road, and I'm pretty sure Rovers hit the post just after some people started singing this :shrug:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
:lol: That's quality, and the one thing that I agree with on this thread is singing the we're f***ing brilliant when it's 2-1. Should have been left where it started at London Road, and I'm pretty sure Rovers hit the post just after some people started singing this :shrug:

yeah they scored a few minutes after but ruled out!!! ridiculous chant to sing at 2-1

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think the 'f***ing brilliant' chant is actually very good but:

should only be sung at the final whistle and I thought it was 'you're' rather than 'we're' originally, but I could be wrong. Sorry to be pedantic!!!

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard

should only be sung at the final whistle and I thought it was 'you're' rather than 'we're' originally, but I could be wrong. Sorry to be pedantic!!!

Fairly sure it's always been we're :shrug: Should only be sung after annihilating the opposition and towards the end of matches, not mid-way through the second half when we're only 2-1 up.

It was "we're" at Charlton.

It should, however, be reserved for special occasions, such as when we are .. er ... fuckin' brilliant.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'd endorse the sentiments on here about some of our singing. We all slaughtered the plastics at Reading a few seasons back when they were on their way to the top flight, but a bit of success seems to be going to some heads here in the same way.

You'd have thought that, given where we've been and what we've suffered, we'd have the humility to enjoy success for its own sake rather than at the expense of somebody else.

Unless it's Palace, of course.

I have actually been worrying lately that we have become the new Reading :(

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Its a football match people are going to sing what they want and people may or may not join in but stop moaning at chants its f***ing boring after a while. Don't go if you don't want to sing.

I don't go to football to sing, that's reserved for going to see live bands.
I got to football to watch football ??? do you think people go to football for the purpose of singing :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3954784 said:
It's better then singing AL-BI-ERRRRN 40 times a game. Seriously that f***ing chant gets on my tits now :facepalm:

That must be better than hearing idiots singing 'were the right/left side brighton boys which has virtually no connection with the club whatsoever, and who give a monkeys what side of the ground you are on there is only 1 side The Albion.

That must be better than hearing idiots singing 'were the right/left side brighton boys which has virtually no connection with the club whatsoever, and who give a monkeys what side of the ground you are on there is only 1 side The Albion.

That is the one chant that really gets my GOAT. It's just STUPID.

'AAAAL-BI-YERRRRRN' sounds great when everyone's 'at it', but awful if it's a half-hearted effort.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
OK folks, wrap your varsity scarves round your necks until they strangle you.

When you're top of the league and playing great football you've got to enjoy it and have the killer instinct about you.

A certain amount of arrogance isn't bad thing, it shows confidence, which we haven't had for quite a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here