Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Ryan Giggs voted PFA Player of the Year?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He'd certaily win the award for giving the most monotonous, dreary, mind-numbing interview of the year.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I might be confused but isn't the PFA player of the year awarded for the whole of 2008 (ie the second half of last season as well) rather than just this season? I still cannot believe Giggs has won, an absolutely ridiculous decision, but if I'm right he hasn't made just 13 appearances.

No, you're right. The clues in the 'Player of the Year'

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
No, you're right. The clues in the 'Player of the Year'

My point was that as people were suggesting that he'd won the award based on 13 performances this season, as well as others suggesting january was too early to vote for player of the year, that neither of these things are true.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Eh? But there were 5 Man U nominees now.

And Ginola was well good that season

That's what he's saying. If only 2 or 3 Man U players had been shortlisted one of them would probably have got more votes than Ginola but because there were 5 the votes got split amongst them meaning Ginola won. Not that he wasn't good that year like

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
İbrahim Tatlıses;2916840 said:
Giggs has been class all season. Granted everyone on here hates United but Ryan Giggs is a model professional, great role model and has had a great season (even if a lot of it was coming off the bench.) I would rather he won it than some twat like Ronaldo again anyway.

Agreed, a fantastic role model for kids.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some of you have very short memories. Ashley Young was absolutely brilliant for at least 65% of this season.

Questier - You can't have seen much of Ashley, he's a superb crosser of the ball. Consistently brilliant down the wing and from set pieces.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As some have said sympathy vote for not getting it before innit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here