Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Ryan Giggs voted PFA Player of the Year?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
because someone up there was wearing their MU goggles .......ill tempered little ....

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I can't believe Jamie Carragher hasn't been mentioned.

he's played in EVERY Premiership game. Bearing in mind he is a centre-half, this is very impressive.

Add that to the fact his side a still challenging for the title, he must be doing something right.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's a media darling, the BBC like to CREAM themselves about his loyalty to one club too. He's not even the best player at United this season, Vidic has been outstanding by a country mile.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I would have said the fact that he's a centre half makes it less impressive as they are the players who tend not be rested so much as managers genrally prefer to keep the back 4 solid

Agreed, but it means he hasn't had 5 bookings.

Mar 13, 2008
Also how did young with the other one? Should have been Ireland.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Giggs only won PFA player of the year as he was unsuccessful in winning the award ever since he was 16. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is the PFA award limited to league appearances or all competitions?

Perhaps he's been voted because the footballers voting who watch him/play against him every other week recognise his performances for a 35 year old have been SUPERB.

Vidic is probably not popular given his 'thuggish' approach, his frequent bookings or his horror show against Liverpool.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What all THIRTEEN of them? :nono:

You have failed to read my whole post - the bit talking about all the other games he's played!!

40 games in all competitions including substitute appearances....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I might be confused but isn't the PFA player of the year awarded for the whole of 2008 (ie the second half of last season as well) rather than just this season? I still cannot believe Giggs has won, an absolutely ridiculous decision, but if I'm right he hasn't made just 13 appearances.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's more of a presumption actually. The fact that the Premier League and Divisional teams of the year are decided at the same ceremony leads to me to that conclusion.

All I can find on the web is 'best player in English football' - a fair assumption though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here