Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the hatred??

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Brighton hate Palace for one reason and one reason only. They are the closest team. Thats just the tradition in this country. Unfortunately Palace's closest team arent Brighton so its not a proper rivalry like say Saints Pompey.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Brighton hate Palace for one reason and one reason only. They are the closest team. Thats just the tradition in this country. Unfortunately Palace's closest team arent Brighton so its not a proper rivalry like say Saints Pompey.

Once again proving you know f*** all.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

:tosser:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I hate Brighton with every bone in my body, but I still respect the fans.

Glory hunters though, that's a different matter.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

You don't half talk rot sometimes BEN.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
maybe it's just because i've always been surrounded by palace fans but i really struggle to hate them. almost all of the palace fans i know are what i'd describe as proper football fans and generally a good bunch, i have some of the best football conversations with palace fans too, whenever i speak with a chelsea fan i end up thinking they are a bit of a knob to be honest.

i do absolutely love the rivalry though and whilst some of the fans will no doubt want a tear up between themselves i'll be happy to enjoy the banter and atmosphere from the stands and ofcourse, the three points.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Once upon a time Brighton had a quallity international footballer by the name of Gerry Ryan. One evening at scummy Selhurst Park, a piky bastard broke his leg and ended his career. Good enough reason for me.

Oh, and Boxing day, some years earlier ....

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
maybe it's just because i've always been surrounded by palace fans but i really struggle to hate them. almost all of the palace fans i know are what i'd describe as proper football fans and generally a good bunch, i have some of the best football conversations with palace fans too, whenever i speak with a chelsea fan i end up thinking they are a bit of a knob to be honest.

i do absolutely love the rivalry though and whilst some of the fans will no doubt want a tear up between themselves i'll be happy to enjoy the banter and atmosphere from the stands and ofcourse, the three points.

One word of warning my fellow albion Croydon dweller. Be careful in understanding where the line is drawn between banter and 'tear-up' especially on match day.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Once upon a time Brighton had a quallity international footballer by the name of Gerry Ryan. One evening at scummy Selhurst Park, a piky bastard broke his leg and ended his career. Good enough reason for me.

Oh, and Boxing day, some years earlier ....

Oh and our chums still see the need to 'joke' about it.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I don't hate Palace at all. My Dad was a Palace fan, his Dad was a Palace fan and my mum was a Palace fan - they're my family team.

UP THE PALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EDIT: And I'm from the Croydon area.

HYou poor sod! You would have been better off as an orpan than being associated with that lot!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Must admit I tend to agree. I used to go to some Palace games with my Palace-supporting Dad. Interestingly he never really considered the clubs to be 'real' rivals, I never really asked him who he thought were Palace's rivals, but he did have an irrational hatred of Chelsea ...

... or given the sad sight of people in places like Coulsdon and Purley wearing Chelsea shirts maybe it wasn't so irrational.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
HYou poor sod! You would have been better off as an orpan than being associated with that lot!
:lolol: Mum's now a Brighton fan as well, so redemption is possible!

EDIT: And when my Dad died my best mate said: "Sorry to hear about your Dad, but look on the bright side: at least there's one less Palace fan in the world!"

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
i cant belive so many of you lot have just admited u dont mind palace
ffs were brighton we hate um

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here