Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the hatred??

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Can't stand them. Always hated them always will and now those stupid inbreds down the coast have a Palace looky likey top, I hate them even more than I did before and that includes them and those north london pikeys for fixing the draw in 1978 to deny us the promotion that was ours!!!!!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I don't hate Palace at all. My Dad was a Palace fan, his Dad was a Palace fan and my mum was a Palace fan - they're my family team.

UP THE PALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EDIT: And I'm from the Croydon area.

up the pale? Palace fans must be racist!

In all seriousness, I do not hate Crystal Palace either, many of their fans are supporters because they were brought up to support Crystal Palace from their parents, who were brought up by their parents. Most are alright, just like most Brighton fans are alright. Its those few idiots who hate each others guts who should be taunted and hated.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I detest Spurs as much as Palace. The only two teams I loathe in the grand scheme of footballing things.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
up the pale? Palace fans must be racist!
It's pronounced 'pally', a bit like the way some people call Alexandra Palace 'Ally Pally'. In the old days (and I'm going back before the second world war here) Palace were called 'The Pally' as a sort of nickname. 'Up the paleeeee!' was something similar to going 'Seeeeeeeeeeeee gulls!' and extending the 'e' sound.

Also my Dad said that when he went out to play football in the street with his friends someone would kick the ball in the air and they'd all shout out 'Up the Paleeeee!' and keep the 'e' sound going until the ball came down again and bounced. He did the same to me when I was a boy and was MOST put out to learn that I hadn't carried on the tradition with my kids! I wonder if any Palace fans still do it?

There. I'm sure you all really wanted to know that!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
God, not another, "what are the origins of the rivalry, why do we hate Palace so much?" thread.

Please.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This.

I have tried to hate Palace, I really have, but I still find the likes of Man United, Chelsea etc etc FAR more deserving of hatred than Palace ever will be. Those clubs are everything that is wrong with modern football. Palace, and their supporters, quite simply aren't.
That whole 'penny in the pound' thing was just fun and games then? ???

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Its seemingly an age thing, but then football was different back then including this rivalry which was so intense compared with other games you could literally taste the hatred matchdays.

They were usually fun, frightening and sickening all in one day and if you never experienced that roller coaster ride then I am not surprised you feel nothing about Palace.

I f***ing hate the c*nts by the way.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Its ok to have a kind of grudging respect for SOME of their fans, after all they help out with the REMF every summer, but dont forget they are ALL smelly and have spots FACT (probably)

Always hate CR***A* P*****

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They f***ed up the tarmac on my drive, and they slow the traffic flow during holiday periods.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If you are a BHA then you hate palace and if you live in the west of sussex you equally hate portsmouth.

Thay are our two real rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here