Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why only one sub?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
As a manager, if your team losing are you not supposed to make changes, especially when the performance has dropped to an unacceptable level.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
No - you hang on hoping that one player will step up and save your team selection and tactics, proving once and for all that you are a world class manager simply waiting for the opportunity to show your talents at a higher level.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:
No - you hang on hoping that one player will step up and save your team selection and tactics, proving once and for all that you are a world class manager simply waiting for the opportunity to show your talents at a higher level.

Or a drunk that should manage only on Championship Manager! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Bloody ridiculous - Frutos was having the most impressive 'mare of the season, and McGhee decided sitting on his arse and staring into space was a better idea than doing what he's paid for. Useless.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Repugnant Toad said:
Bloody ridiculous - Frutos was having the most impressive 'mare of the season, and McGhee decided sitting on his arse and staring into space was a better idea than doing what he's paid for. Useless.

I have to agree there
And what I dont understand is if MM was rotating players why didn't he bring Jake on in his place. He has played him wide before.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:

I agree it was crying out for Jake on for Frutos, Leon out wide, Jake down the middle.

Why has Jake, a young fit player not been involved in these last two games?? It defies logic. :angry:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Coz McGhee is qu8ickly become the worst Albion manager of all time,that's why!!

I think even Martin Hinshlwood would have brought on Robinson today.

f*** off McGhee!

junior said:
Coz McGhee is qu8ickly become the worst Albion manager of all time,that's why!!

I think even Martin Hinshlwood would have brought on Robinson today.

f*** off McGhee!

I know we are all upset, and the second half display was utterly risible, but the above statement is total shit.

The problem we have at the moment is not a bad manager, but not enough good players. And we simply lack the resources to bring a load of really talented players in to the squad. Hopefully we'll get someone in during the transfer window, I'm not holding breath though.

McGhee is doing the best he can with the limited resources he has. We were caught out by their substitutions, but 'IF' we had taken our first half chances the game would have been over at half time. It wasn't Mcghee ballooning the ball over from five yards, and also it wasn't Mcghee that let the millwall new boys walk it it into the net. The players have to take some of the responsibility here.

That second half performance was utter rubbish, and the people who should be getting in the neck are the players, not Mcghee. They are better than that, and they know it. Some people on this board will never be happy with any manager we have. Despite the good job that they all did Adams, Taylor and Coppell all copped it on NSC. And quite frankly the anti mcghee ranting is just getting a bit tediuous. These are the players we have, we have no f***ing money to get anyone else in, we have to just get on with it.

Our aim this season is to finish four off the bottom, even if we achieve that aim, we will have to put up with a lot more dross this season, punctuated by the odd decent performance and result. These good days will no doubt be the exception rather than the rule, and if you don't like it, then f***ing well lump it.

Bring on Southampton!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why wasn't HArty on the bench?

That second half was made for him and Jakey. We just needed someone to run at them, they were piss poor. :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My greatest fear is that McGhee seems to be morphing into Sven...showing a complete inability to react or make effective tactical changes/subsitiutions when a game is going royally tits up.

Worrying.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Silent Bob said:
Why wasn't HArty on the bench?

That second half was made for him and Jakey. We just needed someone to run at them, they were piss poor. :nono:

OGH is ill.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
I know we are all upset, and the second half display was utterly risible, but the above statement is total shit.

The problem we have at the moment is not a bad manager, but not enough good players. And we simply lack the resources to bring a load of really talented players in to the squad. Hopefully we'll get someone in during the transfer window, I'm not holding breath though.

McGhee is doing the best he can with the limited resources he has. We were caught out by their substitutions, but 'IF' we had taken our first half chances the game would have been over at half time. It wasn't Mcghee ballooning the ball over from five yards, and also it wasn't Mcghee that let the millwall new boys walk it it into the net. The players have to take some of the responsibility here.

That second half performance was utter rubbish, and the people who should be getting in the neck are the players, not Mcghee. They are better than that, and they know it. Some people on this board will never be happy with any manager we have. Despite the good job that they all did Adams, Taylor and Coppell all copped it on NSC. And quite frankly the anti mcghee ranting is just getting a bit tediuous. These are the players we have, we have no f***ing money to get anyone else in, we have to just get on with it.

Our aim this season is to finish four off the bottom, even if we achieve that aim, we will have to put up with a lot more dross this season, punctuated by the odd decent performance and result. These good days will no doubt be the exception rather than the rule, and if you don't like it, then f***ing well lump it.

Bring on Southampton!

Nicely put. :clap:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Easy 10 said:
My greatest fear is that McGhee seems to be morphing into Sven...showing a complete inability to react or make effective tactical changes/subsitiutions when a game is going royally tits up.

Worrying.

Agree with that, we were crying out for players to run at them, if McCammon couldn't out muscle the centre halfs, which he didn't IMO, change the plan and run at them. Hopefully we'll get it right at Southampton, but i'm not to hopefullycould be another pasting.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Row Z Creased Shirt said:

Bring on Southampton!

I'll agree with that. I didn't think there were any changes we could have made today that would have had an effect.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Rubbish is he doing well on limited resources.

Danny Wilsons Blue and White Army :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here