Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why leave early?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
After Derby got their fourth our fans left in droves. Why? Surely that is disrespectful to the players whom are still playing. We were playing a Championship side and we were not outclassed. Had a go at the three guys in front in F Block about Row K who got up immediately shouting abuse at the players. How can you be a supporter. A watcher yes. Supporter no. Surely a supporter stays to the end and supports win or lose.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Must say that pissed me off as well, nice to be in F block for a change

D

Deleted User X18H

They have to go to get their buses cos you cannot use your voucher after er 11!!!!!!!!!

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I agree with all of the above.
For some strange reason known only to a large handful of the Brighton "faithful" it seems that we are to march into the League cup final just because of a win over Man City. It is the same few that have slagged Adams off for a poor run of form in the early stages of the season, who EXPECT us to get promotion. I would hand on heart love to finish top six. However, as much as I hate to say it. the likes of Leeds, Scunthorpe, Millwall, Leicester throughout this season are going to produce better results overall They have money behind them, and quality players who are not all loanees. Reality check is in order I feel.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Loved it today, some people in H block were singing "loyal supporters" when we were 3-1 down, they scored the 4th and before Villa made his way back to the pitch, those fans had left the stand

I will never understand leaving early, but I do understand that My Family at War was due to start on BBC1

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
My pregnant wife who despite having stomach pains for most of the evening refused to stay at home and miss the match, finally succumbed to the pain and we left after the third goal - sorry

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
After Derby got their fourth our fans left in droves. Why? Surely that is disrespectful to the players whom are still playing. We were playing a Championship side and we were not outclassed. Had a go at the three guys in front in F Block about Row K who got up immediately shouting abuse at the players. How can you be a supporter. A watcher yes. Supporter no. Surely a supporter stays to the end and supports win or lose.

I was in F Block, in Row K and left with two mates at after the fourth goal. You may be talking about us, but I don't recall any off us shouting at the players. Were you there with your daughter?

If it was you, one of my mates was rather pissed off with the comments you made (I never heard them). He's Brighton through and through (season ticket holder at Gillingham, blah f***ing blah) and like all of us, has the right to leave when he wants. We all tend to go down to the running track with a couple of minutes to go. It takes absolutely ages to get out of the ground if your in the middle of a row, halfway up a stand. The buses are inconsistent, it can take an age to get home.

The performance was irrelevant. None of us thought Brighton played badly.

D

Deleted User X18H

My pregnant wife who despite having stomach pains for most of the evening refused to stay at home and miss the match, finally succumbed to the pain and we left after the third goal - sorry

Adam after a brief NSC board meeting you are excused!!!

oh and by the way if you find out who did it , I'll get em for yer:lolol:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton

Yeah you are completely right it annoys me aswell

D

Deleted User X18H

I saw Blobby leaving before the end and he is like the King of Albion fans!!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bunch o fookin dinlows the lot of them!! least the fans that did stay,clapped the team off at the end!! sumtimes i fooking wonder about our fans if they actually know what to support a club means!! fooking twats just stay the fook at home,your a embarrassment the lot of ya. yeah yeah bring on the well i pay my money brigade i can do what i like yep you sure can! why dont you ask for a ticket price reduction if your only going to watch 80 mins. :rant::rant::rant::shit:

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
I have never left a game early and never will, but can see peoples point. If Adams and the rest of the team have given up (which they quite clearly had today) Then why should people stay and watch?

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
I have never left a game early and never will, but can see peoples point. If Adams and the rest of the team have given up (which they quite clearly had today) Then why should people stay and watch?

i've never left early either, except tonight (see my post above) sometimes there are other more important factors, everyone has their reasons

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's a mid-week game. Trains not that frequent, and people got work in the morning. I live just down the road so it's not an issue. But if it made the difference between waiting five minutes for a train or waiting an hour and five minutes for a train, I know which I'd choose. That's how life is. :shrug:

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I was in F Block, in Row K and left with two mates at after the fourth goal. You may be talking about us, but I don't recall any off us shouting at the players. Were you there with your daughter?

If it was you, one of my mates was rather pissed off with the comments you made (I never heard them). He's Brighton through and through (season ticket holder at Gillingham, blah f***ing blah) and like all of us, has the right to leave when he wants. We all tend to go down to the running track with a couple of minutes to go. It takes absolutely ages to get out of the ground if your in the middle of a row, halfway up a stand. The buses are inconsistent, it can take an age to get home.

The performance was irrelevant. None of us thought Brighton played badly.

My comment was not actually aimed at you but at all fans leaving. Your friend told me to F Off. I understand why some fans move to the front but on mass you can see what reaction it gets from the other posters. With regard to Brighton through and through. I have only missed one game this year home and away ( so what). The difference being that you will never hear me shout abuse or criticsm at any player. I might moan to the person next to me about so and so but not so any player could hear. My point being that we have to get behind the team and the players and I often feel that we don't. I am not talking about leaving early but at exactly the time after a goal is scored. That to me does not show support to the players.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I've never left the ground early but occasionally watch the last minute of injury time down on the track.

Always annoys me when people leave early unless circumstances like the Millwall game when people are drenched and we've bagged the win.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Oh stop being so precious. People leave early. So bloody what.
:shrug:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I honestly don't understand how people on here can be so up themselves. If someone wants to leave at any point during the game so what. To get all upset isjust pathetic. Get a life and let everyone else live theirs and don't worry yourself about things as petty as leaving football matches early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here