Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Is Wenger So Bitter?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
From BBC

Arsene Wenger has branded a linesman a "liar" after the official's role in the sending off of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor during the Carling Cup final.
The Arsenal manager insists Adebayor was the victim of mistaken identity.

Adebayor's appeal against his dismissal was rejected by the FA and Wenger said: "We don't agree with the statement of the linesman. I think it's a lie.

"I feel Adebayor didn't punch anybody so when the linesman says he punched somebody, he lies," claimed Wenger.

Interview: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

"There are players that have punched that haven't been charged," he said after Tuesday's 1-0 FA Cup replay defeat at Blackburn.

Wenger added: "I don't agree at all with the match report, with what the linesman said. This is a lie - a complete lie.

"He comes out now and says Adebayor punched Lampard. I'd like Lampard to come out and say Adebayor punched him.

"Is it just a coincidence that you have 20 men who have a brawl and only the Arsenal players were guilty? It is unbelievable but maybe they have their own way to do justice.

"I personally don't agree at all with the compliance committee and they have a very selective view. It is strange, just a coincidence to look at who has been charged. It is very difficult to accept."

Adebayor's appeal against a three-match ban for his red card was rejected on Tuesday and he was unable to play against Blackburn.

And the striker also faces a separate charge of reacting aggressively and failing to leave the pitch after being sent off.

A hearing has been set for Tuesday 6 March.

Both Arsenal and Chelsea have already been charged with misconduct by the FA.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he's french

thread closed

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If I was Lampard I definately wouldn't come to Adebayors defence now. I didn't have much respect for wenger anyway but after accusing Pardew of being a racist, and getting away with it, I lost respect for him completely.

I read an interesting piece by Rod Liddel a couple of months back that was spot on. He has a theory that Wenger and Neil Warnock have undergone some kind of new personality swap treatment. Warnock used to be a whinging, moaning, annoying twat and Wenger used to be a calm, considered, inteligent and pleasant chap. I think the initial phase of treatment was just after Sheff Utd won promotion to the prem.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Chesney Christ said:
Wenger is such a c*nt. If I remember rightly, Adebayor was dishing out punches left, right and centre (albeit not very hard ones).....

Thats what I saw too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Even by Wenger's own spectacularly high standards of being a poor loser, yesterday's post-match rant was top drawer.

In the same brief outburst he managed to slate Blackburn for their tactics over the two games (having lost), the referee in the two games for not giving him penalties, the linesman at the Carling Cup final for being a liar, the FA for having an agenda against Arsenal, and the rest of the officials for failing to give them any penalties throughout the season.

He has completely lost it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hiney said:
Francis Lee and Norman Hunter were the only footballers ever to throw a proper punch!

Watch this first

then watch this

Ha Ha

Great stuff

Arsene Wenger is a TWAT by the way

Exactly. These so called 'brawls' nowadays are just a bunch of over-paid fairies grabbing and sometimes shaking or even, God forbid, PUSHING one another. It's actually embarrassing to watch. What I don't understand, is that if I behaved like that, live on national television, when I saw the replay on it the next day I'd think "God I look like such a twat" and would never do it again. Do the players not think this themselves?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe they should all be sent to Canada to take in some ice hockey, refs and players. After seeing some proper fighting on the ice, the players would know how to do it, and the refs would get a bit of perspective on some handbags and slapping.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Its the "power 4" syndrome again isn't it? Who of all the manager's bitch the most when they lose? Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho. Just a coincidence? Somehow i doubt it, they are under so much pressure to win every game they just lose all sense of rationality.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Its the "power 4" syndrome again isn't it? Who of all the manager's bitch the most when they lose? Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho. Just a coincidence? Somehow i doubt it, they are under so much pressure to win every game they just lose all sense of rationality.

Alternatively they are just bad losers because they just hate losing so much and maybe this reflects the success that these managers have had, compared to some of the better losers who have just become too good at it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
SJ's Love Monkey said:

I don't know about that: Benitez isn't that bad.

And the most spectacular, sustained whinge this season has come from Paul Jewell - well outside the big four.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Lokki 7 said:
Wenger used to be a calm, considered, inteligent and pleasant chap.

No way, the gentle, intellectual, intelligent thinker is just a mask that we slip time after time. As soon as they actually start to lose, that persona is cast aside, and the childish rantings come out. We see it time after time with this fella, and "The Professor" persona has been well and truly destroyed IMHO. The guy is just a complete knobcheese.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Hiney said:
Francis Lee and Norman Hunter were the only footballers ever to throw a proper punch!

Watch this first

then watch this

Ha Ha

Great stuff

Arsene Wenger is a TWAT by the way
Superb...if only Audley would throw punches like that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gritt23 said:
No way, the gentle, intellectual, intelligent thinker is just a mask that we slip time after time. As soon as they actually start to lose, that persona is cast aside, and the childish rantings come out. We see it time after time with this fella, and "The Professor" persona has been well and truly destroyed IMHO. The guy is just a complete knobcheese.

Gritt23, may I award you with post of the day.:clap: :clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Les Biehn said:
Gritt23, may I award you with post of the day.:clap: :clap:

Unfortunately, Mr Biehn, you may not. Lammy has already claimed that title with:

Lammy said:
Am I being THICK, but how do you actually download that mp3?

-edit-

sorry I was being THICK!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here