Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is that C*NT Jimmy Carr wearing a poppy on BBC1?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
"Say what you like about these servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we’re going to have a ******* good Paralympic team in 2012."

:nono:

How dare he. Doubt he even paid for it, anyway.

Needs/deserves to be shot - sharpish.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Cool.

He's saying now " I feel awful now ". No you don't you wrong'un.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Seriously mate, listen to his explanation and understand what he's really about

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I'd rather place him in a room with 10 soldiers. Then watch the smug twat tell the joke. If that's ok?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fair enough Paxton, I am a soldier, not from this generation but ...

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
"Say what you like about these servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we’re going to have a ******* good Paralympic team in 2012."

Im not condoning what he said, but he has done a lot for charities.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you do know that army types found the joke funny? its a backhand compliment really: our boys are so f***ing hard they wont let a few missing limbs bother them do something.

also, there are a couple of ex-servicemen in the paralympic team, presumably where the joke came from.

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Im not condoning what he said, but he has done a lot for charities.

Ok, fair enough. But why make a joke about that THEN have the cheek to wear one, eh?

It's like that **** who pissed on that War Memorial THEN wore a poppy to COURT. Give me strength.:wozza:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Whats the issue? We will have a damn good paralympics team now, poor guy trying to take some positives from so many negatives and just gets shot down for it :cry:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Quickly apologised and part of his charity work has involved visiting injured soldiers in hospital.

On that basis unless you have done the same, I'm not sure you are in a position to judge.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You missed the first part of my post..

It was a poor joke and not particularly well thought out, but I don't think that sort of 'joke' should be used to describe the man. It doesn't make him a bad person.

Have you never said anything that you might regret or that is controversial?

I am pretty sure he had visited troops in Selly Oak Hospital.

I am not going to get offended on behalf of someone else because that is just daft. I say that as a friend of a few people that have served and will serve in Afghanistan and a friend of someone that sadly lost their life out there.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I dont personally like the blokes comedy, yes it was bad taste, and he rightfully publically apologised. However I find it incredibly ironic that the VAST MAJORITY of people who set about a hate campaign on him have probably sent on jokes via mobile phones, that are derogatory to individual groups in society. (and I think by that you know what I mean). Almost everyone I know has done so, not in spite, nor malice, but merely as humour. The problem Carr has is that he is a well known celebrity, and in that business, one false move can prove disasterous.

So anyone criticising him, may just have to have a long hard look in the mirror.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Paxton, that the whole f**king point mate, he wears it with pride, he admires our soldiers, it's a backahnded compliment, trust me on this, you are misunderstanding what he realy is about.... honest!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Paxton, that the whole f**king point mate, he wears it with pride, he admires our soldiers, it's a backahnded compliment, trust me on this, you are misunderstanding what he realy is about.... honest!

So, that joke really was ment to be "They're losing limbs yet still fighting, and can make the parylimpics in 2012" ? In that case, why do he say Sorry?

I must be missing something here, as people are actually sticking up for him.:facepalm:

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008

PD
How many of us on this board havent fu@ked it up in our lives and then regreted it? Bottom line is that he realises he had made a cu@t of himself. Apologised. What more can the bloke do?
Obviously, if he does it again then its another story.
End of debate.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'd rather place him in a room with 10 soldiers. Then watch the smug twat tell the joke. If that's ok?

A number of soldiers *who have lost limbs* have said they found the joke funny. However you, as neither a solider nor an amputee are getting outraged on their behalf.

Rather pathetic, isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here