Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is that C*NT Jimmy Carr wearing a poppy on BBC1?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
PD
Whats was his local then? Whitehawk Inn before they closed in down?

The Newmarket, Bear Road. You've got the wrong poster, mate.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
"Say what you like about these servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we’re going to have a ******* good Paralympic team in 2012."

:nono:

How dare he. Doubt he even paid for it, anyway.

Needs/deserves to be shot - sharpish.

That's why before his gigs and DVD's it is strongly said that his content is offensive- so righteous beings such as yourself don't watch it and throw their dummys out of their prams. It's tongue in cheek humour. What's more, it's actually true...

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
This is a big problem with the great british public and more so the media at the moment.

As a current serving soldier i find this joke very funny as would all other squaddies i know.Certainly not offensive.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Get over yourself PD and stop being so Daily Mail!

If you can confirm you have never laughed at, told or sent on an offensive joke, then we might begin to take you seriously!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Jimmy Carr is a strange bloke who, like another strange bloke, David Walliams, will allegedly never be capable having a long term relationship. What amazed me is that they showed the audience on his DVD - his DVD on which they could select which audience sequences they showed - and in each shot they chose a good part of the audience were sitting their stoney faced at his underwhelming sex jokes.

Robert Williams was a bag of nerves last night.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'd rather place him in a room with 10 soldiers. Then watch the smug twat tell the joke. If that's ok?

Er he did !!

He has told that joke to servicemen who all found it funny, loads of quotes in the last week or so about how its the sort of black humour squaddies enjoy.

I suggest you dont ever go and see Jimmy Carr as he makes jokes about a range of subject u probably wouldnt get the humour of it and assme he is a pedo and a rapist

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ITs just a shit " joke " basically. Carr used to be good but his " jokes " are lazy now. He whole repetiore is based on " how far can I push the boundaries ? ". Its just shock value for the sake of it. Not funny and certainly not clever. People are on here trying to make out the " joke " was the work of a genius in touch with the Squaddies and empathising with having no limbs. BOLLOCKS. It was just a shit gag said to shock.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
His dad washes elephants and his mother's a whore.

Adebayor, adebayorrrrrrrrrr, he was still dancing , when steve gerrard scoredddddd!

There, didnt take long. So its OK to racially offend an entire continent, but not squaddies who didnt have a problem with it. Typical Daily Mail hypocrite!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I disagree, it's not a bad joke and people who take offence at it are a bit precious tbh, especially, as said above, squaddies can laugh at it.

It's a bit like that bloke on the moan in who pretends to be you and says he shags his mum and sister. I am sure you laugh at it no harm done really I suppose.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It's a bit like that bloke on the moan in who pretends to be you and says he shags his mum and sister. I am sure you laugh at it no harm done really I suppose.

You are so far off the mark it's ridiculous. Why do people take umbrage for the sake of it? It's a bit like hating Man Utd, most of the people who do have no idea why they do but 'let's do it anyway.' I'm no fan of J Carr, but that is a cracking topical joke, whether you're a squaddie or not, or even if you're the Foreign Secretary. People should lighten up.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
And don't tell me.... the families of soldiers who've had their legs and arms blown off aren't laughing are they?

:facepalm:

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
I don't like Jimmy Carr, but even I thought he had a good explanation for that joke.
Okay yeah it's a sick joke, but it's still a joke, which wouldn't have offended so many people had the media not managed to manipulate the whole situation in their favour.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
FFS can you imagine what would have happened had he not been wearing a poppy "Why is that C*NT Jimmy Carr the only one not wearing a poppy on BBC1" from some idiot on NSC.

This is just another example of how stupid people get manipulated by the meeja. I seem to remember that 2 people complained when the original Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand thing was broadcast. Picked up by the papers, they managed to generate 30,000 complaints within the week.

I honestly despair for the future of the human race at times. After thousands of years of evolution, we are now going backwards. Even I am beginning to sound like US ! :down:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
FFS can you imagine what would have happened had he not been wearing a poppy "Why is that C*NT Jimmy Carr the only one not wearing a poppy on BBC1" from some idiot on NSC.

This is just another example of how stupid people get manipulated by the meeja. I seem to remember that 2 people complained when the original Jonathan Ross/Russell Brand thing was broadcast. Picked up by the papers, they managed to generate 30,000 complaints within the week.

I honestly despair for the future of the human race at times. After thousands of years of evolution, we are now going backwards. Even I am beginning to sound like US ! :down:

The media's ever increasing influence on manipulating the general public is pretty worrying- everything from the culture of fear we now live in to the blame culture to the unbelievable hype around reality tv like big bro and f***ing x factor to whipping up anger and outrage like in the jimmy carr case... it really is pretty depressing!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
"Say what you like about these servicemen amputees from Iraq and Afghanistan, but we’re going to have a ******* good Paralympic team in 2012."

:nono:

How dare he. Doubt he even paid for it, anyway.

Needs/deserves to be shot - sharpish.

Listen to his explaination of ALL comedy. Every topic has a victim.

In the meantime, chill out.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I don't understand why EVERYONE on TV has to wear a poppy. Where the hell is freedom of expression in this day and age?! Making someone wear something is just the same a fascism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here