Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Is John Terry on the short list for pfa?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Hiney said:
Don't forget the voting lists go out for this in January and players are effectively voting on their players of 2005

It's only in the last couple of months that the Spurs team have pushed on - too late to influence the voting.

Hmm ... fair enough. Let's hope next year's list is a little more imaginative then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
is there any coincidence in the fact that Terry gets slated for being mediocre, as did Tony Adams, but they're like rocks for their teams, and their countries

I'd put my faith in Terry, I wouldn't bet one of Uncle Spielbergs discarded betting slips on Rio Ferdinand for example.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Where's Turienzo?! ???

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Dawson isn't as good as Terry. Nor has he been as good as Terry this year. Terry is the most outstanding central defender by quite some way.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
That list is an utter load of bollocks. I know it's law to have Lampard, Gerrard and Terry on every list, but honestly - excuse my bias, but how does not ONE Spurs player make that list?

King? Robinson? Keane? Carrick?

Total joke as usual.

Why don't you scweam, scweam and scweam until you're sick. :lolol:

Thanks guys for the classic Spurs tantrums. :thumbsup:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:
Underrated, if anything.

Parker, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Nolan, Barton and maybe Cattemole, Bowyer and Reo-Coker are better than him. Jenas is probably a better player to, but his form has been rubbish all season.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Re: Re: Why Is John Terry on the short list for pfa?

Richie Morris said:
[Why is John Terry shortlisted?

Might have something to do with the fact he is f***ing ace...

Gets away with shit loads of hand balls though

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Parker, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Nolan, Barton and maybe Cattemole, Bowyer and Reo-Coker are better than him. Jenas is probably a better player to, but his form has been rubbish all season.

Lampard, Cole and Gerrard maybe, but play in different positions. Nolan and Barton are decent players, but don't have his ability on the ball. As for the last three ... absolutely not!

For my money, Carrick's the best holding midfielder England has by some way; his positioning is near-perfect, and only Beckham can rival his passing ability, except Carrick can do it with both feet. Only his decision-making and tackling need to improve.

Also, I'd call Jenas' season inconsistent, rather than rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here