Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Falmer going to take so long?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure I saw a very rare Camberwell Beauty butterfly in the Falmer field last summer when I had a picnic with the family before strolling over to the Pond. I haven't dare mention this before :eek:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Are they still doing the stage by stage thing, where they'll build 2 stands or so, open the stadium and carry on working whilst we play our 1st season or so there? ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Maybe it's just me, but if there was a way for directors to syphon money out of the club Adenstar would be the vehicle.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
rool said:
Maybe it's just me, but if there was a way for directors to syphon money out of the club Adenstar would be the vehicle.

I think you are supposed to but ALLEGEDLY after that statement as NSC could be shut down quicker than a very quick thing going very quick indeed

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
If the whole amount of money is there, why the delays once we've got permission? I know I keep banging on about St Mary's but the fact is it took just over a year to get it open from the permission being given!! Why do I get the feeling that permission will be granted this year but we'll be lucky to be open as a training camp for the Olympics?!?

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
I think you are supposed to but ALLEGEDLY after that statement as NSC could be shut down quicker than a very quick thing going very quick indeed

:eek: I never made an allegation, just made an observation based on years of auditing managing agents who also happened to be directors of the maintenance company.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dylan_bha said:
If the whole amount of money is there, why the delays once we've got permission? I know I keep banging on about St Mary's but the fact is it took just over a year to get it open!! Why do I get the feeling that permission will be granted this year but we'll be lucky to be open as a training camp for the Olympics?!?

St Mary's took 19 months to build and remember that they had an unsuccessful bid to build at Stoneham.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
rool said:
:eek: I never made an allegation, just made an observation based on years of auditing managing agents who also happened to be directors of the maintenance company.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

....here it comes...that really quick thing on four wheels ........

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

auditing....mmmmmm:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
BOF: 19 months until it was open but that was only because of how the seasons fell, it was actually finished a lot quicker than that....

Did you get your lappy sorted by the way??

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dylan_bha said:
BOF: 19 months until it was open but that was only because of how the seasons fell, it was actually finished a lot quicker than that....

I was using wikipedia as reference, which perhaps is not that accurate. It stated construction started early December 1999 and was completed July 2001.

Laptop is still misbehaving. The sound card works fine, but the recommended (from those links and other materials) video drivers that I download crash the thing, so I am going to PC world tomorrow night to sort them out once and for all. :angry: Thanks again for your kind help.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

....here it comes...that really quick thing on four wheels ........

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

auditing....mmmmmm:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

You know you loved it.

Actually thinking about it, wouldn't it make you worry if the club were to get all huffy about a comment like that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
dylan_bha said:

Ah!

Project Timeline:

August 1999 Funding in place
October 1999 Site clearance started
June 2000 Stadium Construction started
March 2001 Pitch underground pipes laid
April 2001 Seeding
June 2001 Pitch ready
July 2001 Stadium Completed

Bearing in mind the site was an old gas works which would need contaminating...

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Barrel of Fun said:
I was using wikipedia as reference, which perhaps is not that accurate. It stated construction started early December 1999 and was completed July 2001.

It's only as previously said my mate worked on it so I know how pressured he was, money no object sort of thing... funilly enough think he got the job via the back door through the dib dobbers! ALLEGEDLY

:lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
26 April 1997 Last game at The Goldstone.

28 February 2007, Falmer still a distant dream :nono:

Getting on for 10 years. I am aware of the reasons but when you add it all up, it is truly unbelievable :(

One tries to be positive but supporting Brighton and England is one depressing combination :down:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
they built the Great Wall of China in less time didn't they ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here