Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Is Everyone Against Oh Gary Hart?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Why Is Everyone Against Oh Gary Hary?

Im reading alot of anti OGH lately and im not quite understanding why! No he hasnt been the player he was since he broke his leg,But there are alot worse players in the squad....Who arnt putting in the effort and commitment he is!

Gary for 5 years now has been giving 110% to the albion cause and was of vital importance to the two championships,People have very very short memories and @ the moment gary doesnt seem like he's fully fit,But is battling through!
This is credit to him,But when there are joke players like watson,Who has never been a good player at this club and oatway,again who has never done nothing.....How people can have a go at ogh is just beyond me..

Now anti harty fans,Who should we replace him with? because a money signing is ut of the question and even if we did have £300k to spend,I wouldnt be replacing ogh.

harding (dont be sily)
marney (dont be silly)
jones(wrong side)
piercy (never)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Desert, ok hes a fine prospect but it is blatantly obvious hes not yet ready for a regular starting place yet, for starters he needs to fill out, give it time. Out of interest what is the obsession all about?

Hart is a legend but is off the pace at the moment, but I take you comments BYF, there are plenty worse in the squad, though Piercy when fit is a able replacement.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
He's no-where near ready,and it would be a big mistake starting him now!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hart hasn't be on his usual game. However most haven't. You don't seem to see him charging back, winning sliding tackles and then bomming down the wing anymore. I'm not sure he has been giving 110%. He looks a bit slower.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Why Is Everyone Against Oh Gary Hary?

Desert Orchid said:
4-3-3, including you-know-who.
lord voldermolt?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Turkey said:
Hart hasn't be on his usual game. However most haven't. You don't seem to see him charging back, winning sliding tackles and then bomming down the wing anymore. I'm not sure he has been giving 110%. He looks a bit slower.

Your right he hasnt been on his usual game,So a dodgy patch,lets Sell sell sell, I dont think its a case of not giving 110%. If you have played footie before and tried to come back from an injury,Its not easy,He's only doing what he can on the pitch+if others around are performing and not trying then it can rub off!

I put it down to one thing fitness!

He shouldn't have a problem with his fitness, there's no excuse for a professional footballer getting out of shape.

In answer to the original question, I wouldn't say people are 'against' OGH, they're just questioning why he's not the same as in previous seasons. Nobody's immune to a bit of criticism. You can't blame it on the injury at Peterborough either, he's played a full season in Division 1 since then with no problems.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Safeway said:
You can't blame it on the injury at Peterborough either, he's played a full season in Division 1 since then with no problems.

Agreed and he looked fine last season.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Safeway said:
He shouldn't have a problem with his fitness, there's no excuse for a professional footballer getting out of shape.

In answer to the original question, I wouldn't say people are 'against' OGH, they're just questioning why he's not the same as in previous seasons. Nobody's immune to a bit of criticism. You can't blame it on the injury at Peterborough either, he's played a full season in Division 1 since then with no problems.

Yes but there is a difference between questioning his form of late and numerous people saying its time for him to go.
Your right nobody is immune to it,But aslong as its constructive criticism,Not idol rants about selling every player that underperforms.

About the whole injury thing,I might not be able to put it down to the broken leg thing,But ogh has had a lott of niggley little things going on and is struggling out there,He looks like a player who's unable to last 90 mins through fitness not a player who's lost the edge.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Is Everyone Against Oh Gary Hary?

Desert Orchid said:
Ssssh. He's going to sign on a 3-day loan tomorrow, but the club want to keep it quiet. McGhee considered Lord Lucan as a replacement for 1 of our midfielders, but changed his mind because Lucan has been more visible and high-profile than the others recently and he was worried this might unsettle the squad.

WE'RE SIGNING A MURDERER!?!?!?!?!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
byf said:
About the whole injury thing,I might not be able to put it down to the broken leg thing,But ogh has had a lott of niggley little things going on and is struggling out there,He looks like a player who's unable to last 90 mins through fitness not a player who's lost the edge.

He has had a few niggley injuries but I think he's fine at the moment.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
blimey a proper debate from byf...about time lad ;)

anyway my perception is that OGH is just slowly heading towards his sell-by date, along with a couple of other first teamers. But saying that, the whole team generally not doing that great may have some sort of affect on individuals.
Maybe he just needs time out of 1st team action to get him fired up for a return, maybe he thinks he owns that position so whatever he does he cant be dropped.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think its more of a case that like the team....weve been on a big rollercoaster ride,champoins-champions-relegation!

It will hopefully be just a confidence thing...But he hasnt shined out as playing badley just not doing aswell as he was. I dont think he should be dropped,But like the team will come through soon and push for the playoff's!

Keep the faith!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Safeway said:

I agree there is no excuse for being unfit, but I will say that Adams improved the squads fitness and motivation so much I don't think any manager has matched it since.

The work ethic looks noticeably poorer than when Micky was here.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Have to agree with byf - I can only think that the recent rollercoaster seasons have given people the idea that you can't have a mediocre one without sacking everyone involved.
Remember guys it's evolution not revolution, we evolve, not revolve.

Just think - the other teams that came down with us last season, who had been in the higher divs for a while, are doing much worse than us. Lets just push on and hope for some bloody good games and see what happens.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
tricky said:
Have to agree with byf - I can only think that the recent rollercoaster seasons have given people the idea that you can't have a mediocre one without sacking everyone involved.

Think by and large that's not what people are saying. The comments are more along the lines of a discussion on why certain players are performing way below the standard we've seen in seasons past. Most fans appreciate and realise that you cannot sack players with lengthy contracts. The discussion is about what has gone awry and led to pretty indifferent individual performances from players who we know are capable of much better.

Evolution is fine, but players like Carpenter, Watson, Hart seem to going backwards. Can't say the same of Oatway because I don't believe he was ever anything more than a Div 3 player anyway.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lets be frank he is one of many crap players,but the so called ogh has a dismal scoring record and he has been up front many times and does f-all.

I poxy goal and he has a history of lack of goals considering and even making that worse kitson is on level par and only played a few times.:angry:
To many of these players are being carried by others and know they have been sussed.:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here