Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have you removed these questions?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
westdeneite said:

Anyway, have decided to discuss with Paul Roger if there is anyway of getting these firms also motivated.
Nothing more, or less, than that.

That sentence in itself suggests that you think that the club's commercial department is in someway failing

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
As Easy said earlier this boils down to trust and whether you want to put money in. I for one trust the board when they say they have looked at every avenue but won't be putting the money in as (1) I feel my season ticket money is already on the generous side (2) I gave to the 40 notes and waived my compensation when we came back from Gillingham and (3) like others I will give extra money to the club by buying more merchandise in the shop and encouraging others to buy tickets when there are still some available (so far I have sent 5 Americans to home games, all enjoyed it and none would have known about the Albion had I not mentioned it)

Auditor and Saint Lennard - you are obviously free to make your own choice whether you give more money to the club, but the way you phrase your questions implies that you think there is dodgy dealing afoot. If you think that, it's up to you but strongly implying these sort of things without providing any evidence is simply stirring.

There are many on this board who will prove Knight and Perry's honesty by pointing at their track record. If you think the club board is being dishonest either put up or shut up.

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
westdeneite said:
Lets get this straight, I am not slagging off the Commercial Dept. I just think they need some assistance from all of us.
Like most of you I am a season ticket holder, buy more merchandise from shop than I should, buy programmes, and all manner of other things.
When the letter came out asking the fans for cash I thought long and hard.
I had previously thought about Friends of the Albion but lazy sod that I am did nothing about it. On receiving the letter it pushed me into action and I approached Paul Rogers.
Further thought made me think about other firms I do busy with and whose owners/directors have association with the Albion but have not bothered to get further involved. Take it from me running your own business means that the Albion doesn't always come first in your life.
Anyway, have decided to discuss with Paul Roger if there is anyway of getting these firms also motivated.
Nothing more, or less, than that.

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON. Thank you for turning a gloomy day into a brighter one! Keep the faith.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Great thread, loads of good stuff on here to get your teeth into. For what its worth, we shouldn't be deleting (non-abusive)questions just because the club are well within their rights not to answer them, that's heavy-handed moderation and most people can sensibly make up their own minds about whether it needed a response.

And the 'non-selling' of the club as an investment to companies anecdotes on here confirm what I've long suspected about the commercial department. 'Selling' is not putting an ad in the programme and waiting for the money to roll in. It is going out there, using contacts, and using powers of persuasion that Albion are a solid corporate bet, and popular way of supporting a local institution. We do OK, we could do much better. Reactive selling gets so much, being proactive gets you a lot more.

That's not slagging off Dodge, just urging him on. For all we know he may have a list as long as your arm of companies who have said 'we'll definitely take a box at Falmer', but that's years away still.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Spiros said:
As Easy said earlier this boils down to trust and whether you want to put money in. I for one trust the board when they say they have looked at every avenue but won't be putting the money in as (1) I feel my season ticket money is already on the generous side (2) I gave to the 40 notes and waived my compensation when we came back from Gillingham and (3) like others I will give extra money to the club by buying more merchandise in the shop and encouraging others to buy tickets when there are still some available (so far I have sent 5 Americans to home games, all enjoyed it and none would have known about the Albion had I not mentioned it)

Auditor and Saint Lennard - you are obviously free to make your own choice whether you give more money to the club, but the way you phrase your questions implies that you think there is dodgy dealing afoot. If you think that, it's up to you but strongly implying these sort of things without providing any evidence is simply stirring.

So instead of taking on board the points about some users not receiving the letter yet and some businesses not being approached you still want to bang on about TRUST. You are very insecure. It isn't about not trusting anybody its about finding out what they have done and what they are doing about things when you have no evidence that they have tried every avenue as so many of you keep banging on about. I personally think its a case of leave no stone unturned but then i'm not in the commercial team."

Spiros Thank you for at least acknowledging that we are not the same person but.......I have not mentioned dodgy dealing cos i do not believe that for one minute. I just believe, and what i have read here supports, that the club hasn't done everything before or as part of coming to me asking for more money. ... and after releasing a new kit and other merchandise for the championship. How much do i have to put into the club before i am allowed to question if they could do any more?

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Saint Lennard said:
So instead of taking on board the points about some users not receiving the letter yet and some businesses not being approached you still want to bang on about TRUST. You are very insecure. [/B]

Errr - I would have thought I would have been insecure if I DIDN'T trust them
Saint Lennard said:
How much do i have to put into the club before i am allowed to question if they could do any more? [/B]
No-one is saying you can't question anything. All I am saying is that your line of questioning appears to be designed to imply that the club are either hiding something or aren't doing enough to keep themselves afloat. Given all that's happened in the last 6 years or so I'm not surprised that some have taken offence to your tone

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
You guys are starting to piss me off now. Ignorance and self opinionated crap are little excuse for belittling the efforts and achievements of those at the club.

I'd hate to see what you guys would be like if we had something to complain about!!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Spiros said:
Errr - I would have thought I would have been insecure if I DIDN'T trust them

No-one is saying you can't question anything. All I am saying is that your line of questioning appears to be designed to imply that the club are either hiding something or aren't doing enough to keep themselves afloat. Given all that's happened in the last 6 years or so I'm not surprised that some have taken offence to your tone

As so as well as being a NIMBY i was born yesterday. I have been through the last six years. I don't want to go through something similar again so want to know what the club are doing to avoid it. You and your abusive chums seem to think that i am wrong in wanting to avoid the club going out of business. I don't understand. Previous messages have shown more can be done. As for hiding something, has the club admitted not sending the letters to everyone? What avenues are the club about to pursue? Every one is going on about trust. That has to be built by being open and honest. By the club communicating in a clearer fashion i wouldn't have these question would i. Sorry.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Faldo said:
Are you sitting in a huff now with your arms crossed?
No i'm crying with laughter cos Chapman has only done 28 grounds....mmmm.............. over land and sea eh?

Saint Lennard said:
By the club communicating in a clearer fashion i wouldn't have these question would i.
This seems to be the nub of it.

You say the Club doesn't communicate well.

Most of the rest of us say that our experience is different.

We accept that there are some things that the Club can reasonably keep to itself.

You say that everything should be explained by the Club to anyone who demands an answer.

I guess, as a last resort, you could turn up at the Fans' Forum next Monday, 11 October, at Coral's Greyhound Stadium (7.30 pm start) and put your questions in public to Dick Knight and Martin Perry.

Or is that yet another example of the Club not communicating clearly to the fans?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
[We accept that there are some things that the Club can reasonably keep to itself.

You say that everything should be explained by the Club to anyone who demands an answer.

[/B]

Er no......... that is not what i have said. Of course there is confidential information that the club would not disclose. I was saying the club should communicate in a clearer fashion to avoid supporters asking questions that you say is a sign of mistrust.

Get another coffee inside you for Cullips sake.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lord Bracknell said:
This seems to be the nub of it.

You say the Club doesn't communicate well.

Most of the rest of us say that our experience is different.

We accept that there are some things that the Club can reasonably keep to itself.

I guess, as a last resort, you could turn up at the Fans' Forum next Monday, 11 October, at Coral's Greyhound Stadium (7.30 pm start) and put your questions in public to Dick Knight and Martin Perry.

Or is that yet another example of the Club not communicating clearly to the fans?

Thats good - will try to get there work permitting - do you have to submit questions in advance - or is it a hands in the air approach

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saint Lennard said:
Easy 10 what have you got to say about this then.....mmmmm......the club hacve done all they can eh.

"Could you not just take it as a gimmee that DK and MP have "shopped around" ". The answer to that is NO and i think the quote above answers why? You keep your blinkers on. Cos you'll be another one chewing the fat after the Archer has bolted.

I just don't want to see the club taken for a ride. You just think i should trust someone cos they saved the club once.(look at Sam Hamman). Yes, i am forever grateful but i'm not in their pocket and am not obsessed so much that because of their good work previously there is no need to question what they are doing.

You carry on not challenging and put 100% faith in people. But before you do please read the quote again.
Can I just thank Titanic and Deportivo for replying to this and saying exactly what I would have come back with. I have been down the pub for some birthday pints and missed the rest of this debate. Good work fella's.
:clap:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Lord Bracknell said:
Hands in the air.

Hurrey along and be there!

I am hazarding a guess that if the question(s) re the clubs surveyers/legal team etc is put in the said forum, there will be more exasperated raising of eyebrows than at your average Dr Spock appreciation seminar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here