Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why every last person on here must make a consious effort .......

D

Deleted User X18H

..........to ensure every game at Withdean is sold out from now on
because if Falmer PC or others suggest redevlopment of Withdean then how can we argue against if we can't sell it out every week.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
hove born&bred said:
..........to ensure every game at Withdean is sold out from now on
because if Falmer PC or others suggest redevlopment of Withdean then how can we argue against if we can't sell it out every week.

I agree, but after the shite served up on the last two games there, I think people will be staying away in their droves and Rotherham up next?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Re: Re: Why every last person on here must make a consious effort .......

Uncle Buck said:
I agree, but after the shite served up on the last two games there, I think people will be staying away in their droves and Rotherham up next?

Think you could be horribly correct there Uncle B

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
There is the argument that Withdean itself is keeping thousands away because it's shit.

If we had a state of the art stadium with a roof then they would be attracted back.

I also think people have given up trying to get home tickets because until recently they know they are unlikely to get any.

D

Deleted User X18H

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Can't afford to go to every game. Plain and simple.
Ok but you don't constitute every stay away at the momment do you it is however max £60 per month and more likely £40 per month

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
This is a turn up for the books. I thought the NSC line was the attendances at Withdean are NOT connected to whether we get Falmer or not. I await the barrage of abuse for hb&b Buck and Pasty.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
magoo said:

I also think people have given up trying to get home tickets because until recently they know they are unlikely to get any.
Exactly. The club didn't update the website until Friday which is just too late.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
magoo said:
There is the argument that Withdean itself is keeping thousands away because it's shit.

If we had a state of the art stadium with a roof then they would be attracted back.

hear hear:clap:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
This is a turn up for the books. I thought the NSC line was the attendances at Withdean are NOT connected to whether we get Falmer or not. I await the barrage of abuse for hb&b Buck and Pasty.

Just reaching for my tin hat...

In all fairness, Rotherham are unlikely to take all 750 tickets, at £23 a pop and the fact that we are playing the bottom side, we are unlikely to sell the returns, so surely the club should today be putting in place an offer for this game. Either if you buy an adult one you can get a kids ticket for £5 or if you go to this one, it gives you priority for any FA Cup home game.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I was at Burnley, but I can see why people stay away though. I was freezing my f***ing nuts off. If I hadn't borrowed a pair of Lush's gloves (my attempt to steal them at the end failed badly) I dread to think what might have happened...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You're absolutely right, Saint Lennard, but the nimbys will try to say that it is linked.

To be fair to them, if we stay at Withdean we won't need to make it much bigger, as it's a crap location to watch football.

The good news, though, is that I do know more people who are getting tickets match by match now. Hopefully, more will realise it's possible and start coming back.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Can't afford to go to every game. Plain and simple.

I am surprised that the GREAT marketing team haven't tried to pursuade those being dragged off to assist in Crimbo shopping to come to the wiothdean by offering Crewe, Burnley and Rotherham for a reduced price or throwing Stoke in for half price. There are 100s of males looking for an excuse this time of year!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saint Lennard said:
I am surprised that the GREAT marketing team haven't tried to pursuade those being dragged off to assist in Crimbo shopping to come to the wiothdean by offering Crewe, Burnley and Rotherham for a reduced price or throwing Stoke in for half price. There are 100s of males looking for an excuse this time of year!!!

Your sarcasm is very wearing. Please come up with some sense or shut up!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Saint Lennard said:

I agreed with Uncle B's comment in as much as any "occasional" supporters that came on saturday would probably think twice before coming again. My point had nothing to do with Withdean itself, rather the terrible football we played.

D

Deleted User X18H

magoo said:

But is is still simple mathamatics here we are insisting we require a 22000 plus seater stadium but we cannot fill less than 7000 at Withdean it is ridiculous to suggest 15000 fans don't go to Withdean cos the foods too expensive or it might rain in my opinion that plays into the hands of the Nimbys as it looks like the Albion don't have enough cast iron support ideally every game without exception should be a sell out why does it matter
where it is played every one who claims to be a fan should want to see Brighton and Hove Albion play whether it be at a fantastic state of the art stadium or a cold wet and windy athletics track so come on lets make it SOLD OUT Withdean every week lets have Argus headlines saying thousands disappionted as Withdean sold out again, that sort of statment = new Staduim, anything else could = MK Dons.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When I go its as a family of three which equates to the family section @ £39 for the three or right up the other end of the south stand @ £55 for the three.

Family section = crap view
Other end = crap view for a 10 year old when everybody is stood up and poor view for an adult

That is basically why I go to approx 10 games a season

So far this season I have got tickets through the lottery when I wanted them

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh for christs sake.
Whether Withdean is sold out or not doesn't make a JOT of difference to the planning application for Falmer. Any NIMBY argument taking this line will be utterly DESTROYED at the Public Inquiry. There is NO scope for expanding Withdean, and even if there were, there is no infrastructure for getting fans to and from the ground. We can't even get a Park & Ride to accomodate an extra 2,000 seats. Withdean is totally unsuitable in the size of the site AND the location. Remember - the Inquiry is re-opening specifically with the mandate for these sites to be looked at again to see if they are SUPERIOR to Falmer. Withdean, as we all surely know, is simply a non-starter.

The reason Withdean is not always selling out is that after 6 years, people are basically sick and tired of paying top whack for SHIT facilities. The Albion need a modern, 21st Century arena to play in. At this level, we can comfrotably and realistically expect regular crowds of 15,000+, and even more than that for the big games.

Current attendences are a complete irrelevence to the Falmer inquiry. End of.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
gazwag said:
So far this season I have got tickets through the lottery when I wanted them

I think most poeple can get them if they plan in advance to go. A friend of mine is in a similar situation - he cannot afford the initial layout for season tickets for himself and his two boys. However, so far this season he has only missed out on the Leeds game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here