Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't you all shut up and consider this!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Give a thought to what Maidstone, Boston or Scarborough fans are doing tonight ...........crying into their f***ing beer that's what.

They don't have a Football Club anymore, no they were never as big a clubs as us but they had as shit finances as us but know one bailed them out.

We do not have the born right because we are trendy Brighton (that's a laugh) to have a team in the higher echelons of the English Leagues, but we do have some major positives going on a new stadium for one.......soon and we spend money real money on new players AND are just one point off safety.

Yes it was shit today bloody awful but we still have a Brighton and Hove Albion today 12 years ago we were staring oblivion in the face no ground no cash, and no future if we went down.

So get real get positive and get to Bristol R or Orient if you can!!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Agree. Bloody well said. (for once!) :dunce: Its going to be the only way. Like Whing says. "we are in this together" - THAT INCLUDES US! :albion2:

:falmer:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
i thought Boston just had a double relegation but were still going

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Your missing the point though. It could be a whole lot worse.

But you are correct and HB&B must be punished. punish:

It is true what has been said above my brother supported scarborough for 25 years and it was pain to see them go to the wall , we do survive we have a decent ground on the horizon and we are not out of it yet . we do need a manager soon and one that will change the outlook of the team and perhaps one or two more faces on loan .

weve been through a lot and we will come out fighting but it needs everyone to fight for the same cause

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think someone has hacked HB&B's account!

ps, if it is you Tim. I have just listened to my recording of tonights phone in. Nice theme tune you were playing there right at the end of the show. :thumbsup:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
out fighting but it needs everyone to fight for the same cause

i think that is the problem. As fans we seem to be fight ourselfs. WIlkins/Adams Kight (in/out). Falmer wont happen/is happening.

Its depressing.

And he i am stuck in Greece, when my team needs me and i can do feck about it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't agree. The fact we are 66th out of 92 league teams is not great. Why must we always har[ on about, Herefore blah blah blah, the Gillingham days, blah blah blah. Its time to move on and try and aspire to be a bit better than we were 10 years ago.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I don't agree. The fact we are 66th out of 92 league teams is not great. Why must we always har[ on about, Herefore blah blah blah, the Gillingham days, blah blah blah. Its time to move on and try and aspire to be a bit better than we were 10 years ago.

Yes your right. But do we do that by moaning all the time??

Get behind the team.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Its time to move on and try and aspire to be a bit better than we were 10 years ago.

Agreed, with a new £60 million stadium just 2.5 years away we need to be looking a lot more polished than we are now.

Although this season is a write off in terms of ambition, we should not consider ourselves 'fortunate' if we find ourselves in League 2 next year.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How long will we have people going on about Herefor in 1997 ?. 10 years, 20 years, 50 years , 100 years ?, MOVE ON FOR FUCKS SAKE !.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
How long will we have people going on about Herefor in 1997 ?. 10 years, 20 years, 50 years , 100 years ?, MOVE ON FOR FUCKS SAKE !.

NEVER FORGET!

How long are people gonna celebrate the end of WW1 FFS. Move On! It was 90 years ago!!

Its our history, and we shouldnever forget.

Get behind the team.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why must we always har[ on about, Herefore blah blah blah, the Gillingham days, blah blah blah. Its time to move on and try and aspire to be a bit better than we were 10 years ago.

We ARE better than we were ten years ago!

Though I suppose when like me you remember our four seasons in the top division, and a Cup Final, it's difficult not to think back to better times!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
i thought Boston just had a double relegation but were still going

Today's results:
Unibond Premier - Boston Utd 0 Matlock 2
Ryman Premier - AFC Hornchurch 0 Maidstone United 0
I think Scarborough are really gone, though....

Whilst I see the point, I don't think that dropping down a few leagues is actually the disaster some people think it is. I was watching a piece about the two Wimbledons on TV earlier today and the AFC Wimbledon fans were saying that they have enjoyed the last 7 years much more than the 7 that preceeded them. Some of that is comparing the South East Counties League with the Premiership!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
NEVER FORGET!

How long are people gonna celebrate the end of WW1 FFS. Move On! It was 90 years ago!!

Its our history, and we shouldnever forget.

Get behind the team.

There's a difference between respectful remembrance and living in the past.

No we should not forget our past, but we don't shoot Germans on sight because of the world wars, we haven't forgotten what Hitler and the Germans did during the war, but we realise life moves on.

We shouldn't forget the troubles we've had, but we shouldn't wallow in the past either. If anything, we should learn from the past, and in the past we let the board get away with anything and didn't act until the ground was sold out from under us with no destination in sight.

I'm not saying things are that bad yet, just that we shouldn't wait for them to get that bad.

I do think some of the criticism DK gets is a little over the top, but, I do not and will not give him a free pass because of what he had a part in doing 11 years ago.

Archer et al were in charge last time this club got to Wembley, they nearly took us to the premiership, and have taken us higher up the league than DK has. How do we rate them now? If we refused to act when they screwed up the club because "we mustn't forget, they took us to wembley!" where would we be now?

Last edited:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA

You may be right about Hereford, but WTF do you expect in reality from a club at an Athletics track with a capacity of under 9k. We spend more money than many teams around us, we have a chairman that will never please all the people all the time, but does what he feels is best for the club.

We should be in the top half with the squad investment made , but surely that shows what we have achieved in regards the club and ambition, we are just playing badly at home.

We should learn from the past, as I can remember why we stayed up that year (many years ago!!!). The Golstone absolutly rocked, we were all 100% committed to the players and the manager. Fans United, united us, it just seems that the spell it weaved over us has finally turned into a hangover for some...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We should be in the top half with the squad investment made , but surely that shows what we have achieved in regards the club and ambition, we are just playing badly at home.

The difference between our home and away form is 4pts. People are overstating our away form because it suits their agenda of blaming withdean and/or the fans.

We should learn from the past, as I can remember why we stayed up that year (many years ago!!!). The Golstone absolutly rocked, we were all 100% committed to the players and the manager. Fans United, united us, it just seems that the spell it weaved over us has finally turned into a hangover for some...

Back then we had a board that united the fans (against them). Now we have a board that divides the fans. Back then we had a sense of injustice, we felt like the spirited underdogs fighting for our very survival, the fans knew it wasn't the players fault and let them know we were with the. Now we are not the underdogs, we've spent more on players this year than almost anyone in our division, we were in the championship 3 seasons ago and feel we deserve to be there now (i.e. brighton is a big club, not that we merit the position), our current position is in part the fault of the players.

It isn't a case of "back then the fans were behind the team, now they're not". It's more complex than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here