Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Does Mm Get Embroiled In Slanging Match With Fans?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Having watched the game and listened to the SCR phone in, my major beef with MM is why he bothers getting involved in pointless arguements with the crowd behind the dug out?

Personally i don't agree with all the fools standing at the hoardings giving him abuse as it achieves nothing. We are all frustrated and yes he has made mistakes but yelling abuse at him serves no purpose. Additionally i think its a joke people phoning Harty and getting all precious about the foul language MM allegedly used. I'm sorry but if you have taken kids to the game i'm sure they have heard it from fellow supporters during the game.

Bottom line is that that MM should just turn round and focus on the game in front of him. He's been a manager for a long time and should know the ups and downs and accept that when times are bad you may be the focus of fans frustration.

What really alarmed me was not not the slanging match at the final whistle, but when half way through the second half he felt complelled to turn round and argue with a fan. I sit in D block and in one of those Withdean quit moments, Henderson sliced a clearance and someone shouted " We could have had Kuipers do that that for us McGhee".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Quite rightly, MM was probably embarrassed and frustrated by yesterday's performance. He didn't need some numpty shouting the bleeding obvious at him. Unwise thought it is to repsond, the man has a lot of pride in himself, the playing staff and the club. He didn't like to see it being attacked, especially from within.

How many of us would not have turned round?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
METALMICKY said:
, Henderson sliced a clearance and someone shouted " We could have had Kuipers do that that for us McGhee".

He should have laughed at that one really., cos it's quite funny

It makes me wonder where people get the idea that MM doesn't care, when he so obviously does and getting involved with fans, which isn't a good idea, proves it imo.

I also remember the abusive shit Micky Adams got during the early season Kidderminster game the year we went up as Champions. Was it the same fans who now say he was our best ever manager who are now abusing MM? Came from the same area as much of the abuse MM gets, so probably was/is the same people?

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Why Does Mm Get Embroiled In Slanging Match With Fans?

Icy Gull said:

It makes me wonder where people get the idea that MM doesn't care, when he so obviously does and getting involved with fans, which isn't a good idea, proves it imo.

Its also unprofessional, proves he is totally frustrated if you ask me.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Frustration, saw him boot the dug out when CKR missed the one on one...must have hurt:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eggmundo said:
Frustration, saw him boot the dug out when CKR missed the one on one...must have hurt:lolol:

Completely understandable imo, that miss probably put us down, if that had gone in who knows....as it was they popped up the other end Hendo gave them the ball back and we were down :(

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Hvae there not been enough threads covering this already FFS:rolleyes:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Large One said:
Quite rightly, MM was probably embarrassed and frustrated by yesterday's performance. He didn't need some numpty shouting the bleeding obvious at him. Unwise thought it is to repsond, the man has a lot of pride in himself, the playing staff and the club. He didn't like to see it being attacked, especially from within.

How many of us would not have turned round?

But the 'numpty' paid his money and so had his say. After all without people like the'numpty' paying to watch the pish being served up, McGhee would struggle to get his pay check.

Not a way to deal with your paying customers.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
shows an insight to the really mcghee, has to have things his own way and if anyone dares question him he lets rip at them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Buck said:
But the 'numpty' paid his money and so had his say. After all without people like the'numpty' paying to watch the pish being served up, McGhee would struggle to get his pay check.

I only say 'numpty' because he was pointing out the obvious, not as to whether he had the right to moan (which of course he does) or whether he was right.

All McGhee did was turn round to him, cup his ear and say 'what?' There was no more, and that was it - all done.

Uncle Buck said:

You think it's OK for idiots to come down on to the running track and distract the attention of the manager during the course of the game? I hope this area is better stewarded next time.

It's ridiculous double standards for you to defend those who in their anger and passion give out shit to McGhee, yet in the next breath criticise McGhee for doing exactly the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
London Irish said:
You think it's OK for idiots to come down on to the running track and distract the attention of the manager during the course of the game? I hope this area is better stewarded next time.

It's ridiculous double standards for you to defend those who in their anger and passion give out shit to McGhee, yet in the next breath criticise McGhee for doing exactly the same.

It is not double standards. It is about a manager rising above the supporters, as he should. Amongst other things, he is paid to manage and lead the team. He cannot possibly do this whilst he is embroiled in petty arguments with supporters during a match. It is embarassing to see your manager bickering about players with supporters. And as each week now passes it is becoming more and more apparent that the playing staff discipline issues are more to do with his hothead character than the individuals involved.

On the playing side of things it is chaos off the pitch and chaos on the pitch. Everything which has been built up over the past 6 or so years has been destroyed under McGhee. Team spirit is non-exhistent, there is no shape or pattern to our play, set pieces seem to be taken by whoever is closest to the ball, discipline is an issue.

For this he has to go.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can't understand why the stewards don't move people on if they're standing about behind the dugouts. Surely this in itself represents a security threat for both teams. If they also abuse or threaten the players, management or officials then there are laws against that too. Perhaps we need to issue a warning against this sort of behaviour during the match and then eject those that knowingly offend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here