Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does Gus constantly tout himself for Chelsea Job?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Di Matteo, Zola and gus in my opinion offer nothing different. Why would abranovich consider gus or Zola when he already binned di Matteo ??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What about.........................Gus would you accept responsibility for some of the points dropped by negative tactics when the team are in front for the last 20 mins?

Do you think bringing Vicente & Buckley on is negative? Was it the manager's fault that our keeper made a massive mistake in goal?

D

Deleted member 2719

I wish some of the journo's in the press conferences would ask him those kinds of questions rather than licking his arse all the time. I'm sure he would take responsibility and talk us through the reasons why it's happening and what he's doing about it.

I would think fans would only respect him more if he came forward and accepted responsibility sometimes. I am getting a little bit frustrated by his failure to correct failings on the pitch thou.

D

Deleted member 2719

Do you think bringing Vicente & Buckley on is negative? Was it the manager's fault that our keeper made a massive mistake in goal?

Yes to be fair not his most negative defence of a lead through his subs although Dicker for orlandi leaves us full of holding midfielders.

Was orlandi on his last legs or injured???

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
He has next to no chance of ever going there. The fans hate him. He would be gone within months.

Gus is not going any where all he has done is get us promoted from the 3rd to the 2nd tier, why would that qualify him to manage a team like shitsea.He is still the best man for the job for us though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd actually plonk a tenner on JT... would want better odds though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He has next to no chance of ever going there. The fans hate him. He would be gone within months.

Can you give me actual quotes of him touting himself please, and seeing as you started this today can you tell me what he's said in the past day or so please?

Thank you
Happy from Camden.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
All the Chelski I know absolutely love him and many look out for our results BECAUSE of him. Assume this is fishing but some people are pretty mental so you never know

Totally agree. When I travelled to Walsall a couple of years back when we won the league We bumped into a group of chelsea fans in a pub in brimingham. They were en route to a game and we got talking to them and they said that they allways look out for our results because of Poyet. they also said they'd love him to be their manager one day!

It will happen one day imho. Not yet tho.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Wasn't a negative finish, you are quite right to make this point, it is just our inability to finish off a game. Negative tactics don't even enter the frame.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Gus played McSmudger again thats his fault,smith is shit, what happened to earning your place in the team Gus talks the talk but he does not walk the walk.Why the fcuk were Hoskins or Dobbie not playing instead of McSmudger,Gus you have alot to learn if you want to manage at a higher level

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The Sky Sports lot were talking about how he'd be the ideal next appointment earlier (ex-player, young manager etc.) and they made a worrying amount of sense. I'd hate for it to happen but I wouldn't blame him at all if he got the chance.

If it happens it happens, not just you but anyone else, just accept he won't do Fergie years and because we are a club on the up we will always attract quality managers... it won't be the end of the world, ask Swansea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Telegraph is touting Moyes as the man being monitored. A MUCH better choice than Gus at the moment IMO.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Surely if Watford carry on the way they are playing, Zola will be above Gus. He is doing a really good job.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Abramovich doesn't seem to be the sort who gives a toss what the fans think. And as the biggest reason for giving Gus the job currently would be sentiment, it seems an unlikely route. If he was to go for a former player to appease the old school thugs, glory-hunters, rugby fans there for the hospitality and bewildered Asian tourists that 'support' his wonderful club, he may as well have stuck with Di Matteo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here