Why do young single mums have kids?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would love to hear your opinions.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Some people can't face the thought of getting an abortion? I can't imagine what it would be like having to terminate your child.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
coz they get fat and let themselves go during pregnancy... After all i wouldnt wanna wake up next to some hormonal blob :fishing::fishing::fishing:

Serious answer:

Because most women at some point will have the overriding urge to have a child, the maternal instinct that most blokes will never know.

Others because they know the more kids the bigger council house.

D

Deleted member 18477

because they think they're in love, have a child by mistake, dad can't handle it because he's too young as well and doesn't want commitment so leaves the mother on her own. poor naive girls.

Or because of benefits.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Serious answer: Because most women at some point will have the overriding urge to have a child, the maternal instinct that most blokes will never know.

Well, this does expose the real problem with the human condition doesn't it. For human beings to exist, the females instinct is to have children, make a nest and look after them safely. The male instinct is to spread his genes and make as many females pregnant as possible. This is an unavoidable truth observable in nature.

My wife however, has yet to buy this argument...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
For two reasons. 1. Because their Mothers did.
2. You will not get housed by the Council if you are under 24 and childless.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I did my dissertation at uni on teenage pregnancy, I compared health stuff, income and loads of other measures of deprivation. And basically, my conclusion was this:

If the place is a shithole, there will be more pregnant teenagers.

My personal opinion is that GENERALLY, the better off you are, the more intelligent you are, therefore you have more in your life to look forward to than just having a baby. Many of these young girls feel like they have nothing to look forward to except leaving school and getting a shit job... so having a baby is the next logical step.

I think it's extremely sad.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the question assumes they start out as single, when for a self evident reason that assumption cannot be made. think Dig54 gets closest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here